Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription notification E-Mail

Options
  • 21-02-2016 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

I seam to have stopped getting these,checked my spam folder and there was none in there.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

They are being blocked at the moment but we're working on a way around this. We hope to have it fixed shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

They are being blocked at the moment but we're working on a way around this. We hope to have it fixed shortly.

Did ye contact spamhaus???

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Did ye contact spamhaus???

Not personally, no. The lads have it sorted now anyway, notification emails are back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

On this topic - can the notification emails be turned off by default when signing up? I shouldn't have to opt out just to avoid getting hundreds of emails from boards every time someone posts on a thread. I can see how Boards might think it helps drive use of the site but it's just a pain to deal with. Every other site I use and online shop where I've bought something insists on spamming me with crap - maybe you could try being a bit different? Less spam makes the world a better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

On your profile go to Edit Options then Messaging & Notification.
    Look for Default Thread Subscription Mode and open the drop down selection box,then just select do not follow and hit save changes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Look for Default Thread Subscription Mode and open the drop down selection box,then just select do not follow and hit save changes ;)

Yeah I get it. My point is that it should be turned off by default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

That never actually did anything. You still have to click "No Email Notification" every time you follow a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Melodeon

That never actually did anything. You still have to click "No Email Notification" every time you follow a thread.

It works for when you Reply to a thread, but as you say, you still have to select a notification method when you Follow a thread.

It'd be good to have your default preferred method applied to Follows too, if it can be implemented.

Advertisement