Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 10 | The Next World [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

looks like a Supply run of the week episode

Instead of monster of the week episodes the walking dead has supply run of the week
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MonsterOfTheWeek

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Just a fun episode that introduces a new character, gave it a 7. The thing at the end with Michonne and Rick is interesting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good episode - I like Jesus. Looks like he can take care of himself too.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Change of pace, but I enjoyed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I loved every bit of this episode KISS KISS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

harry houdini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jesus-Fu.

Roundhouse kick the walkers in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Aaargh! It was so frustrating to watch them risking that truck full of goodies. They should have been straight home the way they came, with no detours, using the car as a scout vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Enjoyable enough. New character, new romance. Nicely done.

Favourite moment? When they were driving off in the truck thinking they were leaving Jesus behind. 'So long ya prick!'
    I love that man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

My stream ended too soon so I missed the last bit.

Found it on youtube, for anyone who had the same problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OE6IAjaPY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m28s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Really loved that episode! Missed the bit at the end too, will be interesting to hear what Houdini has to say. Only annoying bit for me was them leaving their fancy schmancy car behind. Of course they'd take it with them, in case something went wrong with the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Great. Michonne's probably going to die now. Thanks Rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

enjoyed it, one thing though....wasn't mad about the Deanna scenes, out of respect for the character I would've preferred she was dealt with off screen. after she shot those walkers in her last scene she should've put herself down, be found and buried. not having her just wandering around in the woods. her final scenes with michonne were perfect as they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

Gabriel's going to be thrilled when he hears that Daryl and Rick found Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

:D:D

Cb2b6wgWAAAtEBh.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I fecking loved this episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Liked Jesus as a character, happy to see Richonne at last :D but the Carl/Enid scenes really dragged for me, the Spencer/Michonne scenes didn't really ring true and the whole episode with the truck and the lake had this weird sort of parody feel to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

going great guns until the 2 on the couch - nah, doesn't work for me I'm afraid - the lads were pure dopes to risk that haulage............nice to see Batman and Robin back in action though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Great. Michonne's probably going to die now. Thanks Rick.

Was thinking the same thing! Loved how daryl shook the can before throwing it to Jesus. Some funny bits in this episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That's the most I've laughed at an episode I think, found it very funny and light hearted in places. Daryl saying ''so long ya prick'' is something you'd hear your own mate say. I need to be his friend. I also loved when Jesus said duck and Daryl did and he blasted the walker and then Daryl goes ''thanks'' and decks him anyway. Enjoyed it. 8/10 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That was much better than last week imo. So glad Jesus has made the crossover from the comics. He has definitely perked up my interest for this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah it's all getting too silly now; it's like a soap opera.

The scenes with Jesus getting chased by Daryl and Rick as the truck slips into the lake would have been better with the sound of Benny Hill playing in the background. Quite handy that his firecrackers managed to precisely mimic the sound of gunfire too.

I have zero interest in Spencer. He is the B-Squad; a member of the expendables. We now know that certain cast members are the A-Squad; the untouchables: Solid Snake Carol, Deadpool Glen, Daryl, Michonne, Rick, Coral etc. I get the idea: build up the B-Squad to try and make us care when they get bumped off. Sorry, not gonna work. I don't care about the expendables and you have ruined any real sense of jeopardy that you used to get on this show.

The final scene just felt like it was thrown in there for shock value. Before now I had no real sense that Rick and Michonne would get it on. I guess they wanted something to trend on Twitter. And all that was missing when Jesus burst in was the opening strings of the Fair City theme.

The show is awful right now. And I don't think Jesus can save it.

5/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Before now I had no real sense that Rick and Michonne would get it on.

Really? I was expecting to see it happen before Jessie came into the picture.

How did it happen that Deanna wasn't popped in the head before she was able to turn? I can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Someone on Talking Dead, either Nathan Fillion or Chris Hardwick, mentioned Rick, Darryl and Jesus in the field would've worked great with Benny Hill music, and sure enough the internet delivered...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dandelion6 wrote: »

How did it happen that Deanna wasn't popped in the head before she was able to turn? I can't remember.

You'd think if it were going to happen then it would have been during the time they spent a lot of time together. If the plan by the writers was to have this happen after Jessie was killed, wouldn't it be likely that they would have Michonne seeming a little envious about Rick and Jessie? There was no build or sense of anticipation from what I could see. The whole thing came across to me like it was just done to get a reaction.

What confused me about Deanna was how her body seemed to show no signs of the massive horde of zombies that devoured her the last time we saw her. Shouldn't she have been reduced to bones, crawling, etc. after that attack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

somehow I missed the last scene, did jesus come at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

somehow I missed the last scene, did jesus come at the end

Rick did.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaisyD2

Really loved that episode! Missed the bit at the end too, will be interesting to hear what Houdini has to say. Only annoying bit for me was them leaving their fancy schmancy car behind. Of course they'd take it with them, in case something went wrong with the van.

Likewise! Really enjoyed episode but it annoyed me 2 boys went out on a run (agri stores being mentioned by eugene) not expecting/hoping to come across supplies that may have needed 2 to drive 2 vehicles while still having at least a 3rd free shooter (especially given Daryl has met negans gang) and then for them to go chasing jesus round a field & losing van a 2nd bloody time *sigh*

I've let so much slide because this is a Zombie show based on comics I'm not sure why that annoyed me so much! It just felt too dumb for our survivors.

As for Rick & Michonne - it felt right for the two characters to have arrived at this point. They've shown softer Michonne with husband & child before & she has been surrogate mother to carl for some time. Can't deny characters have had chemistry.

It felt, to me anyway, they have been building to this safe harbour (for however long it lasts!)...... But was I the only one watching through my fingers?! Feel far too close to characters not to feel a bit icky watching them.

The best Moment of TWD yet has to go to how quick Bad Bare Assed Michonne leapt out of that bed holding her sword at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

were the walkers tied to the truck some sort of set-up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Dandelion6 wrote: »

same here you could see the odd glances and other things over episodes going through maybe 2 seasons or so, i thought they were going to hook when it was mich rick and carl on the road, it was good unlike other relationships in the show i felt this one sort was believable in how it was built up. This has been the first episode the entire season where no dumb founding bad writing made me shout out ow for feck sake come on !

Advertisement