Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Year Summer Exam date query

Options
  • 22-02-2016 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone know if its normal for 1st years to have their summer exams during the last week of school( 30/5-3/6) or would it be prior to that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Ours were always the last 6 or 7 days just before the holidays (excluding the very last day when we had to come in and clean our lockers etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Athdara

I would say 99% of schools hold their house exams on the last week of school & last exam is usually right upto the bell on the last day. The reason for this is to try & keep a lid on the giddiness & antics. I was an SNA in 2 different secondary schools & this is what was done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It varies, school to school. If you need to know for yourself/your child, a quick phone call will get you the answer. The school probably has already issued a calendar on their website, but I'm sure the DP will give you the info you want.

Advertisement