Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

losing WiFi on win10

• 22-02-2016 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I am losing wifi connection since I loaded win10 on laptop message says protocols missing my broadband works on LAN ok. Sometimes if I reboot my wifi works for a day. Any remedies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try update the wifi drivers, if that fails roll back the drivers to the previous version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Also, make sure Windows 10 itself is up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is this a dell laptop by any change? My brother had the same problem with a dell. I forced windows 10 to use an older windows 7 driver, this sorted the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have had that issue in windows 8 and 10 in 4 devices. Never could figure out why its not just WIFI if you have any Bluetooth devices they disconnect too.

Because both bluetooth and wifi run from the same internal card on most laptops.

Advertisement