Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fibre broadband unreliable

Options
  • 22-02-2016 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Got the fibre broadband installed on Saturday: the 5G worked briefly before kicking me off the wifi, while the 2.4G now has appeared to have failed. Restarted the router a couple of times - my iPhone and iPad don't see the 5G system after an initial connection of two seconds and the 2.4G connection won't accept the password - and the phone and pad continually ask for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Got the fibre broadband installed on Saturday: the 5G worked briefly before kicking me off the wifi, while the 2.4G now has appeared to have failed. Restarted the router a couple of times - my iPhone and iPad don't see the 5G system after an initial connection of two seconds and the 2.4G connection won't accept the password - and the phone and pad continually ask for it.
    Hi Banjoxed

Please contact eir technical support for assistance with this however before doing so I would advise doing a modem reset (press in and hold the small button located in the small hold beside the power port at the back). If resetting does not help I recommend asking technical support to change the password on the 2.4G. You can reach technical support on Free phone 1901 or via Instant WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Banjoxed

Please contact eir technical support for assistance with this however before doing so I would advise doing a modem reset (press in and hold the small button located in the small hold beside the power port at the back). If resetting does not help I recommend asking technical support to change the password on the 2.4G. You can reach technical support on Free phone 1901 or via Instant WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, much obliged. Will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

No problem Banjoxed

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

eir: Alan wrote: »
    No problem Banjoxed

Al

This has been reported and the intermittent fault is still occurring. Frustratingly, eir have rung the house phone twice in the last four days but have rung off before I can pick it up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I'm sorry to hear this Banjoxed. 

You can contact the support team directly on 1890 260 260 (tel no. and option 0) for updates. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement