Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House price maneuverability

Options
  • 22-02-2016 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, I have been to view a new house that was built 8 years ago within a small estate and never sold (along with afew others). They asking price has not changed. Myself and my partner really like the houses but have been told by EA the builders are looking for asking price and will not accept a lower offer. Am I wrong to think if the houses are for sale so long there would be maneuverability on the asking price. Any advice on this would be most appreciated or has anyone experienced something similar.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

All you can do is put in a lower offer and see if it's accepted but be prepared for it not to be. It's a seller's market again with supply so low.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There is no reason to expect that the price has 'maneuverability' as you put it. If its been on the market for so long- and the market is widely reported as being starved of property for sale- the seller probably knows this- and doesn't see how/why they should accept a lower offer. Also- if its been for sale for so long- obviously they have no immediate need for the cash- and are in a position to sit things out.

I wouldn't assume there is any 'maneuverability' as you put it- I'd suggest the asking price very possibly has upside rather than downside..........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'd be very wary of a house that sat empty for 8 years, damp can do some serious damage over that amount of time.

Advertisement