Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sewing shop > hiking backpack

Options
  • 22-02-2016 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys,

my trusty hiking/climbing backpack has minor injury, the center waist belt buckle broken

I got a replacement 1 and I would need a shop that can do a good/proper job, cutting the waist belt and replacing the buckle

any suggestion?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

turniton wrote: »
    Hi guys,

my trusty hiking/climbing backpack has minor injury, the center waist belt buckle broken

I got a replacement 1 and I would need a shop that can do a good/proper job, cutting the waist belt and replacing the buckle

any suggestion?

thanks

I had to get a similar job done with a shoulder strap buckle. It was a few years ago but I think Silver Needle in Terryland didn't want to do it but referred me to Zip Yard on Merchant's Road who did it. There's a slight chance my memory is failing me, and it might have been the the place on Lower Abbeygate Street that actually did it, but I think it was Zip Yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Olga's Alterations on Lower Abbeygate St. would most likely do it for you... She hasn't turned down a single job I've asked her to do so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

thanks guys, I will try Olga's Alterations on Lower Abbeygate St on saturday morning... fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Olga's Alterations on Lower Abbeygate St. would most likely do it for you... She hasn't turned down a single job I've asked her to do so far.

I hope you weren't asking her to 'turn-down' some trousers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭39steps

Heffernans Shoe Repairs on Sea Road (opposite Jes Church) also does leather repairs to belts and bags. Recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

39steps wrote: »
    Heffernans Shoe Repairs on Sea Road (opposite Jes Church) also does leather repairs to belts and bags. Recommended.

If it was me I would try Heffernans or alternatively someone like these guys

http://sailmakerireland.com/

Who are in Mervue

Advertisement