Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated readings on last 5 bills.

Options
  • 22-02-2016 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

My last 5 bills have been based on estimated readings.
    I've just done a meter read myself and submitted it online...is my bill now re-issued based on the correct reading.
    Note: it's lower than the estimated bill.

Thinking of switching so want to have everything in line before i do.

Was very disappointed to learn that my paperless and dd discounts were not being applied to my account after year 1 with you as they have to be "renewed" annually!!! 
    Note to anyone who signed up for these discounts!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi guideanna,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Sorry to read of all the estimates. ESB Networks read the meters for customers of all electricity suppliers and they aim to read each meter for four out of the six annual bills, subject to accessibility of the meter. Is there anything that might be preventing accessibility of the meter for the property you reside at? If there is no apparent cause for the meter not being read, we would recommend contacting ESB Networks with the MPRN (meter point reference number). ESB Networks are not on Boards.ie but they are on Twitter https://twitter.com/ESBNetworks and their telephone number for such a query is 1850 372 757.

We are also sorry to read that you are thinking of changing to another supplier. We would like to advise you that customers are provided with the terms and conditions of their chosen discounts price-plan when they sign up to it (and prior to it if they do so over the telephone) and these terms and conditions include the end date for their price-plan, with the advice given that their discounts will no longer be in effect after that point, and to contact us for a new price-plan then, if they wish. There is also a cooling-off period if a customer changes their mind on sign-up.

If your next scheduled bill is due shortly, the meter-reading you submitted online may not generate a bill based on this reading, but if your next scheduled bill is not due shortly, it should do so. We can check this for you if you wish. Just private message us the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating that you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, the date of birth on the account, and the address on the account.

We will then assist you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement