Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 22-2-2016 (FastLane Fallout)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Surely Heyman deserves the title The Pope Of Promos??

Yeah I agree,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Holler, if you hear me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dean's entrance every week should be in whatever vehicle he stole that week. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Here comes Big Poppa Pump.

If only it was :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Right who guessed Ambrose hijacking the ambulance?

paconnors wrote: »
    I'M calling it Ambrose to drive in to the arena in a ambulance

ha ha, i told you so

Brock vs ambrose in a street fight ? WWE take my money.(oh wait ye already are)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea Ambrose vs Lesnar in a proper falls count anywhere match would be unreal , plus it might allow for Ambrose to win but allow Lesnar to still look strong

:):):) Close enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I hate the Usos, I think what I hate most about them is the nana looking tights they wear beneath their shorts.

Oh Dvon dropping shade on big 'kish

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Heel Bubba is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

No, it's a wretched idea.

Taker at Mania, while nowhere near as massive as it was prior to the streak being broken, nevertheless still has a degree of specialty attached to it as evidenced by the Wyatt match and the clamour for matches with Sting, Cena, etc. It can still have a lot of use for someone young to go over him.

And yet you are happy to see a 46 year old non-wrestler who hasn't been around in seven years go over him.

I actually find this idea offensive and I say that as someone who f*cking hates The Authority with a passion. As much as I loathe them I would be compelled to back Taker in the match, and I doubt I would be alone. And given the idea is to get people supporting Shane, that booking psychology is arse-backwards.

I don't want to see another young wrestler test their mettle against Taker. It was getting to be contrived pre streak break, and is contrived now. Did you hear that pop for Shane ? I think he was over with the crowd, and he was hinting at a notion that a lot of the crowd can relate to with WWE going downhill under a Steph/HHH leadership. It's match that the crowd can have an emotional investment in that few else could match. A match with meaningful build and consequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rikishi return being teased? Maybe Rikishi and The Usos vs The Dudleyz and somebody at Mania.

Jesus Byron is very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Wyatts rematch just emphasises that last night was a botched finish.

briany wrote: »
    I don't want to see another young wrestler test their mettle against Taker. It was getting to be contrived pre streak break, and is contrived now. Did you hear that pop for Shane ? I think he was over with the crowd, and he was hinting at a notion that a lot of the crowd can relate to with WWE going downhill under a Steph/HHH leadership. It's match that the crowd can have an emotional investment in that few else could match. A match with meaningful build and consequence.

Ah so you want to see Taker put over a 46 year old non performer who likely won't wrestle after the match is over. Cool, but I profoundly disagree. And yes I did hear the pop for Shane. It was electric. I'm sure if Hogan returned he'd get a similar pop. Doesn't mean he should beat Taker though.

The crowd won't have a meaningful emotional investment because they will be torn. Think about it: you are excited that Taker will be the heel in this bout? Have you forgotten Mania is in Texas? And Taker is guaranteed huge emotional support regardless of the location, but in Texas? He will be treated like a king. What if they boo Shane?

I also love how you feel this match has a meaningful build when it's been thrown together weeks before the show (and put in a Cell) because they are worried they don't have a strong enough card.

Hey, whatever you're into. I just feel this idea sucks as it shapes up currently.

Wyatts rematch just emphasises that last night was a botched finish.

Don't think it was a botched finish. Harper never made any attempt to kick out and Kane was already on the apron ready to celebrate when the ref counted 3.

Ah so you want to see Taker put over a 46 year old non performer who likely won't wrestle after the match is over. Cool, but I profoundly disagree. And yes I did hear the pop for Shane. It was electric. I'm sure if Hogan returned he'd get a similar pop. Doesn't mean he should beat Taker though.

The crowd won't have a meaningful emotional investment because they will be torn. Think about it: you are excited that Taker will be the heel in this bout? Have you forgotten Mania is in Texas? And Taker is guaranteed huge emotional support regardless of the location, but in Texas? He will be treated like a king. What if they boo Shane?

I also love how you feel this match has a meaningful build when it's been thrown together weeks before the show (and put in a Cell) because they are worried they don't have a strong enough card.

Hey, whatever you're into. I just feel this idea sucks as it shapes up currently.

It's fine that you don't like it, but the general consensus online right now is absolute elation, so just prepare to be in the minority in this one, however illogical it is. I'm fully on board with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I can see Sting interfering in the Shane v Taker match if he's unable to compete in a full match now with the injury

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's fine that you don't like it, but the general consensus online right now is absolute elation, so just prepare to be in the minority in this one, however illogical it is. I'm fully on board with it.

Well if the IWC are in favour of it then it's clearly correct. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We get it, Chris. You're putting him over.

Well if the IWC are in favour of it then it's clearly correct. :P

Yeah, if the fans are happy with something, then it's the correct decision. Just like its the incorrect decision that we're unhappy with Reigns winning. That's sort of how it works. :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah, if the fans are happy with something, then it's the correct decision. Just like its the incorrect decision that we're unhappy with Reigns winning. That's sort of how it works. :)

Cool. Remember this exchange then at Wrestlemania when you've got a Texas crowd that adores the Dead Man potentially witnessing him lose to the part-timer Shane McMahon (who is supposed to get over as a massive babyface on the back of this!). We'll see what the fans think then. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Shane O Mac vs Taker at Mania inside Hell in a Cell

There's no way people seeing that headline in the morning won't think it's from kayfabe news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm not happy with it tbh. Taker in his hometown facing a non wrestler who will do his coast to coast thing and be down for most of the match. I can see cena endorsing Shane thus starting a cena vs the authority fued post mania. Would like Shane to pick sting as his right hand man

One thing that struck me was how Shane didn't look worried about facing a monster like taker inside a cell. Does he have a back up plan ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Don't forget we may see a one sided beatdown, only for Taker to relent and lay down for Shane, sacrificing another WM win in order to vanquish the Authority.

Oh here we go. Make him look like a chump again steph.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    Don't forget we may see a one sided beatdown, only for Taker to relent and lay down for Shane, sacrificing another WM win in order to vanquish the Authority.

This is the one thing they wasted the streak on. If he was still undefeated, the question would be if he'd sacrifice it to get rid of the Authority, would've made it an even bigger deal.

Advertisement