If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Display requires switch and speakers

Options
  • 22-02-2016 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a 65inch LED display which I use as a TV by connecting my Xbox One (which controls Sky also) and my Apple TV.

The screen has one HDMI in. It has no speakers so I have I have simple Advent speakers currently connected.

I need to remove the Xbox HDMI to use the Apple TV.

I am looking for a solution that i can seamlessly switch between the XBOX and the APPLE tv - however I don't want a big 7.1 system or a large AV receiver (as I have a closed cabinet also).

Would a soundbar with HDMI in and Out work so that I no longer need to have the rubbish Advent speakers and also allow me to switch using the remote?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

pmb wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I have a 65inch LED display which I use as a TV by connecting my Xbox One (which controls Sky also) and my Apple TV.

The screen has one HDMI in. It has no speakers so I have I have simple Advent speakers currently connected.

I need to remove the Xbox HDMI to use the Apple TV.

I am looking for a solution that i can seamlessly switch between the XBOX and the APPLE tv - however I don't want a big 7.1 system or a large AV receiver (as I have a closed cabinet also).

Would a soundbar with HDMI in and Out work so that I no longer need to have the rubbish Advent speakers and also allow me to switch using the remote?
    Hi PMB.

A sound bar with HDMI inputs would solve this problem for you if you do not want an A/v receiver.

You should have a look at the Cambridge TVB2 currently priced at 399.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201648-tvb2.aspx
    This as 3 HDMI inputs. Alsocomes with wireless subwoofer and bluetooth technology.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.