Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Advice - Istick30/40W, ijust2 or Other

• 22-02-2016 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Looking for some advice on first time purchase of these Mod devices (Excuse any terminology mistakes)

Some background, This is for my wife who for the past 3-4 years has been using the Greensmoke UK devices.

The main reason top upgrade is to save cost really and something basic, but good to start using the e-juices, but not too complicated either.

She has recently tried the basic battery and tank from the local shops and she is looking for something a bit better, but still only looking to maintain staying off tobacco in the end.

She would like to get the Istick 30W and just looking for options on this?
    She thinks it is neat and small and form reviews seems to be quite good.

Do people think this is the logical next step?
    Would something like the ijust2 be a better step or is it just a well off to go for the Istack 30W now?
    It there much benefit in the istick 40W? TC but seems to get bad reviews for battery life?

Is there anything else to consider, innokin-coolfire-iv, cloupor mini.

For the Istick can someone explain what is need and recommended for it (Tank and replacement coil options)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The iStick 30w is fine, she's not going to want to go anywhere near 30w even using standard, non-sub ohm tanks. I would recommend the eleaf GS air, it's cheap, and a decent little, simple to use tank. I think it's only a tenner or so on some sites, and the replacement coils are just €2.50. It's as simple as filling it up, set the preferred watts [between 12 - 17w this tank is great], and off you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

You will need a tank for the isticks. Nautilus/nautilus mini/ eleaf GS air are what get recommended around here.

You'll need coils which are the replaceable bits. Their mileage vary from a few days to weeks.

I wouldn't recommend ijust2 as it comes with a sub ohm tank, which is a different experience than smokers are used to.

The ijust2 has no adjustability, you push the button and it produces vapor. You can adjust the isticks wattage and voltage to suit how you like it.

Coolfire 4 has more solid build than the isticks.

Another option, although I have no experience with them as they are relatively new and for beginners, are the innokin endura T18 and T22. They include a mod/battery and tank. They are non adjustable. And seem relatively cheap.

I believe uk ecig store sell rebrands of them, as they look identical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Thanks to both for replies.

I think the options will be as below:-

Istick 30W with nautilus mini or eleaf GS air
    Replacement coils available online also

Coolfire 4 - Will suggest to wife and see opinion
    Would the nautilus mini or eleaf GS air still be recommended for this or others?

What would you pick from the choice of these two?

Looking at "the best shop" has all of these available (Any discount codes?)
    Is there any other online shops recommended?
    Can you get the Replacement coils or other parts locally for these devices (Galway)?

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

ForestFire wrote: »
    Thanks to both for replies.

I think the options will be as below:-

Istick 30W with nautilus mini or eleaf GS air
    Replacement coils available online also

Coolfire 4 - Will suggest to wife and see opinion
    Would the nautilus mini or eleaf GS air still be recommended for this or others?

What would you pick from the choice of these two?

Looking at "the best shop" has all of these available (Any discount codes?)
    Is there any other online shops recommended?
    Can you get the Replacement coils or other parts locally for these devices (Galway)?

Thanks again

Me personally,I hate the GS,I have about 15 Nautilus's I've been using for the past couple of years with no problems,just make sure you get the BVC coils http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html 1.6 or 1.8 to start off with,they will work fine with the istick 30w.
    There are 2 types of Nautilus,mini & big,mini holds 2ml of liquid & the big holds 5ml.
    Your choice,both will fit the 30w istick & those BVC coils will fit either Nautilus.
    Just keep asking questions here if you are not sure of anything,plenty here to help you & your better half.

Code for 10% off at Bestshop is "irishvape"

Me personally,I hate the GS,I have about 15 Nautilus's I've been using for the past couple of years with no problems,just make sure you get the BVC coils http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html 1.6 or 1.8 to start off with,they will work fine with the istick 30w.
    There are 2 types of Nautilus,mini & big,mini holds 2ml of liquid & the big holds 5ml.
    Your choice,both will fit the 30w istick & those BVC coils will fit either Nautilus.
    Just keep asking questions here if you are not sure of anything,plenty here to help you & your better half.

Code for 10% off at Bestshop is "irishvape"

I've had the opposite experience :D I hated both the Nautilus mini and standard, had nothing but trouble with both, between leaking, burning, breaking easily! ... whereas the GS airs I've had all did the job, no hassles.

Unfortunately there's not many other mouth-to-lung tanks to recommend to new vapers. Sub ohm kind of killed them off. There is the Cubis, which is more aimed at mouth-to-lung vapers more so than lung hitters. But it might be a little advanced for a complete beginner?

• Advertisement

I've had the opposite experience :D I hated both the Nautilus mini and standard, had nothing but trouble with both, between leaking, burning, breaking easily! ... whereas the GS airs I've had all did the job, no hassles.

Unfortunately there's not many other mouth-to-lung tanks to recommend to new vapers. Sub ohm kind of killed them off. There is the Cubis, which is more aimed at mouth-to-lung vapers more so than lung hitters. But it might be a little advanced for a complete beginner?

It's funny that one thing works for one & not the other,it's got to be bad batches that we get sometimes.Human error doesn't even come into it,there's only one way of putting a Nautilus or a GS together,strange all the same,maybe we should recommend both,at least one will work :D:D:D:D
    I've heard some bad reports on the Cubis,alot of leaking & the coils are giving dry hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I thought the GS was rubbish. Found the nautilus great, even with its quirks, like being tough to open if tightened too hard.

Different strokes for different folks.

Cubis isn't beginner friendly.

The innokin eduras are the new generation of beginner products. I don't think they have as much battery life as the isticks, but the tank is probably more user friendly.

It's possible, though unlikely, that i got a bad mini & standard nautilus. They both worked fine for a while, but then after a few coil changes, they just pissed juice out, and there was no missing rings, nothing had changed, maybe it was bad coils - more likely actually. I still have all 3 tanks, but not touched them since I discovered sub-ohm tanks.

The Gs air never gave me hassle, I think it's about as clean and simple as you can get for a beginner tank. So yeah, maybe going to a B&M and having a good look at both is the best option. Some shops, like iVape, witll have them set up with juice in, on mods, that you can test out.

Thanks again everyone for the information, it is really helpful.

Just an update from home....

She is now tending towards the "Coolfire 4" due to the small but important safety features (Physical off switch, Automatic cutoff over 12 seconds)

So this questions now are:-

Are there any big negatives/differences to the coolfire 4 over the Istick?

Do the same tanks work with the coolfire since it the same tread( nautilus or eleaf GS air)?Will probably start with the GS air and try the Nautilus later when adding to set-up.

Also do you think the "ELEAF ISTICK BENDING ADAPTOR" would work on the Coolfire 4?

Sorry for all the questions but just one more if someone can recommend good menthol liquids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

ForestFire wrote:
    Do people think this is the logical next step? Would something like the ijust2 be a better step or is it just a well off to go for the Istack 30W now? It there much benefit in the istick 40W? TC but seems to get bad reviews for battery life?

ForestFire wrote:
    Is there anything else to consider, innokin-coolfire-iv, cloupor mini.

ForestFire wrote:
    For the Istick can someone explain what is need and recommended for it (Tank and replacement coil options)

The istick 30w and Nautilus was probably the most popular setup for anyone upgrading their setup for a long time and still is a favourite amongst many, however personally I never liked the Nautilus as I always got a metallic taste from every juice and coil I tried in them, as for the GS I found the flavour to be very muted from it and didn't take to the air flow control at all.
    Like most aspects of vaping, it's a very subjective subject and what is one person's treasure is another's junk.
    What worked really well for me at that stage was the istick 30w and the Kanger Aerotank Mega, great air flow and a big selection of coils which all worked very well with the istick and gave a satisfying vape.
    Still available from bestshop I believe also.

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote: »
    Kanger Aerotank Mega, great air flow and a big selection of coils which all worked very well with the istick

Good shout actually! Good enough for Leo Di Caprio even :D

Solid tank, probably more enjoyable than the other 2 to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

She is now tending towards the "Coolfire 4" due to the small but important safety features (Physical off switch, Automatic cutoff over 12 seconds)

Do the same tanks work with the coolfire since it the same tread( nautilus or eleaf GS air)?Will probably start with the GS air and try the Nautilus later when adding to set-up.

Also do you think the "ELEAF ISTICK BENDING ADAPTOR" would work on the Coolfire 4?

Sorry for all the questions but just one more if someone can recommend good menthol liquids.

The istick can be turned off by pressing the button 5 times, so no real safety issues there tbh.

Personally, I prefer the 30w istick. it's smaller, with a slightly better battery life (2200mah as opposed to 2000 with the coolfire). I also hate the off switch on the coolfire because I found I had to use my fingernails to get it to move, and I don't really have nails! :o I also don't see the coolfire as any better to justify the slightly higher price.

Bending adapter will work find on both mods because of the same threading.

Personally I like the gs air and the mini nautilus, either are a good tank, coils are about 2.50-3.00 each, I get about 2 weeks from a coil (and I'm a heavy user).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

You won't need the adapter on the Coolfire if you go with that, its a good little mod, solid and you have 40w to play with instead of 30 on the istick.
    Any of the tanks suggested here will work on the Coolfire.
    Liqua do a good range of juices including menthol and are also available from bestshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Just my 2c. I've had both and I find the CoolFire to be of much better build quality to the istick (I find innokin products in general to be very well made. Still have a, relatively ancient in the vaping world, MVP2 on the go having donated it to my sister), and would think it would outlive the istick. Also recommend thebestshop as Bart there has looked after me very well in the past.

Best of luck :)

Edit- just to add both gs tank and the nautilus will work on both mods as the threading is the same (510). And I don't think you need the bending adaptor. Just be careful when screwing your tanks on and you'll be grand.

Just an update on what we ordered, and again thanks to everyone for your help.
    Its a bit confusing at the start but with the advice here starting to understand all the terminology and our requirements.

So my wife has decided to go with the Innokin Cool Fire IV (Purple)

This seems to be comparable with the istick, and the main reason in the end comes down to, the extra manual switch to cut the battery off (Rather than a software cutoff)

We have also got the Nautilus Mini to pair with this to start with a pack of 5 Nautilus Series BVC Replacement Coils (1.8ohms)

I think she will also try the GS air at a later date when we order a few spares for the set-up at a later date to compare.

Thanks again everyone

Just an update on what we ordered, and again thanks to everyone for your help.
    Its a bit confusing at the start but with the advice here starting to understand all the terminology and our requirements.

So my wife has decided to go with the Innokin Cool Fire IV (Purple)

This seems to be comparable with the istick, and the main reason in the end comes down to, the extra manual switch to cut the battery off (Rather than a software cutoff)

We have also got the Nautilus Mini to pair with this to start with a pack of 5 Nautilus Series BVC Replacement Coils (1.8ohms)

I think she will also try the GS air at a later date when we order a few spares for the set-up at a later date to compare.

Thanks again everyone

Good choice & don't forget to prime all new coils by dropping 3 or 4 drops of liquid down the centre of the coil & a drop on the outside of coil where you see a bit of wick showing or you can just assemble,fill up & let it sit there for 5 min so it can prime itself.
    Good Luck with it...

Advertisement