Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Mobile Network ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

Just to throw in my ten cents here...

I am currently using Eir on my phone. Although the 3G coverage is good within towns and the like and LTE is good when you can get it (Sparingly at the moment), I find that out of coverage areas and low coverage areas are Shockingly painful when rural. I travel 25 minutes from work to home in Cavan. I work in the town but obviously in a Eir network black spot as I get No service. soon as I walk out of work and down the road...4G...

I am currently considering moving to Vodafone as my work phone uses them and I have to say that I am NEVER without 3G internet. Its actually astounding to say the least.

My only concerns with Vodafone is the low Data bundles for PAYG/SIMO and their high prices to get more. Also I dont think you can tether on VF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I'm on Meteor SIM only contract and am very happy with them after the disaster of Tesco mobile and iD mobile.

Vodafone are the best performance wise though but the dearest. I find Meteor hits the sweet spot between performance and price.

Best thing I did was stop buying phones on contract a long time ago and paying outright for them gives you way more flexibility as you can change around and see what works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I've been with iD since the end of December and I have to say, I haven't had any real issues.

Because they're a new network, it took a while for them to sort roaming out but it's resolved now thankfully.

On bill pay and it worked out by far the cheapest out of all the Irish networks. 20gb data, 150 minutes and 250 texts for €44 a month.

if that didn't include a phone - you're being proper ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Noone has offered any opinion on lycamobile... good bad or indifferent?

Advertisement