Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a phone (PAYG)

Options
  • 22-02-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all, I just left my Nokia Lumia 635(I think?) on a plane so I need to replace it. I'm on Three PAYG, and travelling back and forth to the UK a lot. I'm not a big user of the phone really - receiving calls is the most important. Then checking emails, and airport websites to see if my planes are on time, via WiFi. No games, etc. The Windows phone was fine (calls were clear and predictive text was great), though a bit annoying that I couldn't checkin online, so I'm thinking of switching to Android. Had an iphone 3GS before the Nokia, so clearly not bothered by bells and whistles!

So, in summary:
    - Making/Receiving calls
    - Email
    - Internet (browsing, check-in for flights, killing time at airports)
    - Taking the odd photo and video

Not really into Facebook, gaming, etc.

Was looking at some Samsung in Three shop for 139. BUT, I see a lot of people recommending the OnePlus X for £199. Is that overkill for what I want? Given that the screen on my last phone was in bits - I've dropped it several times and now I've lost it, I don't want to spend a fortune. I know the OnePlus is nearly double the price, but ...

Lastly, if I order from Oneplus, how long roughly to have the phone delivered?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

olkiny wrote: »
    Hi all, I just left my Nokia Lumia 635(I think?) on a plane so I need to replace it. I'm on Three PAYG, and travelling back and forth to the UK a lot. I'm not a big user of the phone really - receiving calls is the most important. Then checking emails, and airport websites to see if my planes are on time, via WiFi. No games, etc. The Windows phone was fine (calls were clear and predictive text was great), though a bit annoying that I couldn't checkin online, so I'm thinking of switching to Android. Had an iphone 3GS before the Nokia, so clearly not bothered by bells and whistles!

So, in summary:
    - Making/Receiving calls
    - Email
    - Internet (browsing, check-in for flights, killing time at airports)
    - Taking the odd photo and video

Not really into Facebook, gaming, etc.

Was looking at some Samsung in Three shop for 139. BUT, I see a lot of people recommending the OnePlus X for £199. Is that overkill for what I want? Given that the screen on my last phone was in bits - I've dropped it several times and now I've lost it, I don't want to spend a fortune. I know the OnePlus is nearly double the price, but ...

Lastly, if I order from Oneplus, how long roughly to have the phone delivered?

Thanks!
    Oneplus would be overkill to be honest, great phone but more than you need, moto g is cheaper and gets excellent reviews. Have no personal experience with the 3rd gen but there is still 3 1st gen ones going strong in my house. Well built and solid software.

http://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/motorola-moto-g-3rd-gen/?src=p&cnc=true

Advertisement