Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring Postgraduate Degree

Options
  • 22-02-2016 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience with this? (This is a .pdf on UCD's deferral policy but it is quite vague).
    Do you need to do it before or after you pay the deposit/accept the offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

You are probably better off ringing, in my experience. The websites are always crap and UCD are terrible for answering e-mails. I'm here in DCU and I'm still finding the academic timetable from 2012 on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

From what I understand, if you don't want to take up your Master's place in a given academic year you have two options:

1. turn down the place and, if you're interested, re-apply for the course next year, so no deposit is required. However, your place on the course is not guaranteed.
    or
    2. accept your offer, pay the €500 deposit, and then defer your place. This means that your place on the course is guaranteed next year.

I'd recommend you contact the School directly and see what they advise.

Advertisement