Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank for fees

• 22-02-2016 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Just looking for advice on which bank is the best for me.

Ideally I want to set up a current account for everyday uses, also want to set up a second account as a mortgage saving account.

Get paid every 4 weeks, roughly 1500 is the lowest I get in a pay package...

All help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Is there any fees on a second account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

You could open one current account with Number 26 and one current account with PTSB.

There are no fees with a Number 26 account apart from the normal government levy.

Fees apply to a PTSB current account if you do not deposit at least 1,500 EUR per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

An EBS Moneymanager a/c is a current account in all but name except that they do not issue chequebooks. If you maintain a continuous balance of at least €500 or lodge at least €1,500 each month, there are no fees for up to five ATM withdrawals per month. You can manage the a/c online, define accounts in other banks to receive money transferred out by you, they give you an VISA Debit card (not contactless) which also doubles as an ATM card and there are no charges for the following transactions ....
    • Cash lodgement
    • Cheque lodgement (including EBS Cheques and non-EBS Cheques)
    • Retail Terminal transaction (euro-denominated)
    • Cashback Transaction (euro-denominated)
    • Direct credit
    • Standing Order (including setting up and amending)
    • Direct Debit (including setting up and amending)
    • Online Transfer
    • Certificate of interest: a statement confirming the interest that was debited or credited to your Account in a given period
    • Credit Transfer

http://www.ebs.ie/daily-banking/ebs-moneymanager-account-a-debit-card.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Why are you setting up two current accounts? Surely you open a current account and then transfer x amount monthly to a savings account for which there are no fees. Permanent tsb have free banking once €1500 is lodged monthly and you can open the savings account with a bank or Credit Union.

Hey all

Just looking for advice on which bank is the best for me.

Ideally I want to set up a current account for everyday uses, also want to set up a second account as a mortgage saving account.

Get paid every 4 weeks, roughly 1500 is the lowest I get in a pay package...

All help greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Trish56 wrote: »
    Why are you setting up two current accounts? Surely you open a current account and then transfer x amount monthly to a savings account for which there are no fees. Permanent tsb have free banking once €1500 is lodged monthly and you can open the savings account with a bank or Credit Union.

The second account is a savings account, not second current account

• Advertisement
Advertisement