Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel issue - drag formula in rows of equal interval

Options
  • 22-02-2016 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to create a summary sheet in excel from a seperate sheet which contains about 1,000 rows of data. On the summary sheet in cell A1 I can create a formula to the data in the main sheet. The data that I would like summarised is then at intervals of 24 rows and I am looking to create a formula in the summary sheet that I can drag down. I have done a quick google search and it appears that the function I need to use is "INDEX". However, I'm not having much luck with the formula that I have created. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Apologies if the above is a bit vague but I can try provide more information if needs be.

Advertisement