Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

test

• 22-02-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭

So I've just come home from work & I've gotten my test date for the end of next month. I know what I'm supposed to do ie get lessons, practice etc but does anyone have any advice on what to do? Obviously brush up on road signs, rules of the road etc but is there anything else boardsies can recommend especially those of you who have recently passed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

Do a search, loads of info here already. This particular thread is good. Main advice is practise loads. I didn't bother with a pre-test lesson myself but lots of people seem to.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055538003

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Thanks for that. Really helpful info there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

What's the most worrying part of the test for you? Go out and practice that manoeuvre, area of road, roundabout, whatever it is become more confident at it and the test will seem easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

So I've just come home from work & I've gotten my test date for the end of next month. I know what I'm supposed to do ie get lessons, practice etc but does anyone have any advice on what to do? Obviously brush up on road signs, rules of the road etc but is there anything else boardsies can recommend especially those of you who have recently passed.

Nerves were a big thing for me so I couldn't recommend a pre-test more. Really helped to settled me just before the test. I just replicated everything I done in the pre-test. Granted I still failed haha, but I wasn't as nervous. The second time around felt like a spin with a friend I was so calm.

Getting an instructor who is familiar with the test area and its routes is also a massive advantage.

Revising the road signs is a must but I wouldnt spend to much time. Road time is way more important and if you can get some time practising the routes or even just familiarising yourself with your test area, it can pay off massivly! Id really recommend getting out at the time your test is due to commence, can really help to know what traffic will be like ahead of the test.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Go drive every day, I went every single day without fail right up to the test. Driving in circles in car parks getting slow speed control. (not looking at the ground when turning!!!! looking at my surroundings (oncoming traffic) and driving driving driving)

So in short arse on the seat. If youve passed the car test for road signs its much the same a quick brush up will do. if you have not then get a book and go through them again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement