Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting to build

Options
  • 22-02-2016 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I haven't built a pc since 2007 and currently don't have one as I'm living in austria. Things have settled down and I want to have a pc again.
    Initially it will be used for my girlfriends thesis but when polaris comes out I will buy a gpu for photo and video editing and also gaming. Witcher, trackmania gta v etc.

The spec I want

Intel i5 6600k
    Asus Z170 a
    HyperX Fury DDR 4 2666MHz 16 GB ( 2x 8 GB )
    Phanteks enthoo pro m
    Evga 650gs
    Alpenföhn sella cpu cooler
    LG 29um67 monitor

I have an SSD, hdd and windows 7

Just wondering if that looks alright? Any changes you would make? Any recommendations? With everything it comes to 1000€. My girlfriend is buying the monitor for my birthday so I'm paying 700.

Buying the parts tonight or tomorrow off an Austrian vendor mylemon.at

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Looks good at a glance anyway :) Was looking up that exact PSU there today. Nice choice. May be worth going up to the i7 if you are doing some serious video editing. If it is just hobby stuff then the i5 is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lighter

Video editing is just a hobby. I do a few bits and pieces for where I work. It will be used a lot more for photo editing. I may pick up a used 290 for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lighter

Changed the build a little, went with an i5 6500 over the 6600k and cooler. Saved an extra 70 which I put towards a bigger monitor,the LG 34um67. Will post pics when built

Advertisement