Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips AE2170 or AE2180

• 22-02-2016 7:14pm
    Site Banned Posts: 6

Hi. If anyone has either of the above mentioned radios either pm me or write in this forum. I need one for an upcoming birthday present.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 6 olivemolloy

Anyone?

Now I am just looking for the AE2170.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Just wondering, what's so special about it? When I see this manual (link) it seems just a standard mono analog pocket radio. I'm sure you could pick up something similar in places like Argos or Currys. Or is it of sentimental value that it has to be the same one?

To be honest you might have more luck on DoneDeal or Adverts.ie. Not many people frequent this subforum and this model of radio is probably not of special interest to the enthusiasts you'd find here.

On Adverts you can put an alert on it so that it mails you when one pops up for sale. Perhaps donedeal has this too, I don't use it much.

Thanks. The thing that is special about the AE2170 is that I bought one about 20 years ago in a sale at Superquinn. It was one of my favourite appliances. However, in 2014, it broke. I looked everywhere for a replacement but could not find one. They are not produced anymore and I can't find them anywhere online. So I decided to ask if any kind person on this forum would be able to sell theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Ah, I see! I think for starters, it might be a good idea to enclose a picture of it in your post. Because I doubt most people know this radio by its model number but they might have one around the house if they see it. I'm not sure if you know how to do that so I'll post one here for you:

full.png

This is the one, right?

Secondly, perhaps someone would be able to repair it. Or don't you have it anymore? If you still have it, what's wrong with it?

Edit: Changed image as I found a much better one.

• Advertisement

Thanks. The volume button is broken and is stuck on the highest level, so, on the rare event that I can actually get the thing working, it is too loud and I almost have neighbours complaining. Anyway, I only found it two weeks ago, I was doing a deep clean of the wardrobe and found it. Back in the 90's, Superquinn in Northside shopping centre had tokens for a free radio. I collected the tokens and got the radio. The thing I liked about it was that it was portable and splashproof. I wanted to ask here if anyone who has it can keep an eye out and tell me.

Advertisement