Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homebrew Belgian style ale

Options
  • 22-02-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

i am after getting a muntons belgian style ale kit as a gift and looking for some advice before i start brewing.

After pouring the extract into the fermenting bin it states to leave it for 5 days and when the gravity reading is 1.014 to syphon the beer into a seperate fermenting bin and had the spray malt in with that and half a cup of yeast lees from the first bin. the problem i have is that i only have one fermenting bin. will this be an issue or is it necessary to syphon into a second fermenting bin or is there any work around?

any ideas on how to work it with one fermenting bin would be great or should i just save myself the hassle and get a second bin?

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Sounds stupidly complicated. Do it all in one go in one bucket, and never read the instructions on a beer kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Get a bottling bucket and wand, but only use it for priming immediately before bottling.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

I have the same kit on at the moment. First brew for me.
    Q why are 750ml swing tops soooo expensive. Best I can find is 1.69 in allpack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Buy them with good beer in them...

Advertisement