Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st African Run Ireland 2016

Options
  • 22-02-2016 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

VLM are delighted to announce the first African Run Ireland. On Saturday 27th February there is a timed fun run in St. Anne's Park Raheny Dublin 5.
    It is a 5km/10km fun run that goes through the heart of St. Anne's. All proceeds raised from the run go to the charity.

For more info got to vlm.ie or PM us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Any link to results? Also was there an issue with the measuring of the course? My runkeeper app came in at 4.39k and I heard another guy say the same at the finish line. Other than that it was a nice event with a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭essdee

Yes, my watch didn't work but the course was definitely less than 5k. Would like to see the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Results are up. http://www.vlm.ie/africanrun2016/

This has me down as 19.55 for the 5k which would be a PB if it were the right distance. It's frustrating because I probably would have gotten a PB anyway if the distance was correct because I was running quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Course was well short. 600-700m short for the 5k and 800m or so short for the 10k. Fun run though and small field made it enjoyable.

Advertisement