Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH in Letterkenny

Options
  • 22-02-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Eir have now passed 5,200 premises in Letterkenny with FTTH. My home is not ducted for eir so I can't get it. 
    Siro have commenced the first phase of their FTTH roll-out to the mini-cabs, planning to pass up to 2,000 premises in the next couple of weeks.
    Can I remain with eir and request connection to the Siro FTTH when available next month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It has absolutely nothing to do with eir whether you do or not. SIRO will run their own drop into the house and are totally independent of eir. 

If you're asking can you buy FTTH from Eir via SIRO thats a no, no interoperability. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi PeadarB

The response from ED E is spot on. SIRO and eir are unrelated and the infrastructure is also separate.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi PeadarB

The response from ED E is spot on. SIRO and eir are unrelated and the infrastructure is also separate.

Thanks
    Al
    That's it so. No option but to move to Vodafone now.

Hi PeadarB

Vodafone use eirs infrastructure. Line ducting will be required for them too.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

Hi PeadarB

Al
    I'm well aware that both are unrelated, Vodafone are partnering with Siro in their FTTH rollout. KN finished the Siro FTTH sub-ducting to the ESB mini-pillars in our estate yesterday. Vodafone, or whoever will complete the fibre connection from the mini-pillar to the premises when Siro blow it through to there from the Gortlee POP in the next couple of weeks. I had simply hoped to keep my account with eir regardless of the wholesaler.

• Advertisement

PeadarB wrote: »
    Hi PeadarB

Al
    I'm well aware that both are unrelated, Vodafone are partnering with Siro in their FTTH rollout. KN finished the Siro FTTH sub-ducting to the ESB mini-pillars in our estate yesterday. Vodafone, or whoever will complete the fibre connection from the mini-pillar to the premises when Siro blow it through to there from the Gortlee POP in the next couple of weeks. I had simply hoped to keep my account with eir regardless of the wholesaler.
    No problem PeadarB - just wanted to clarify.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement