Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remortgaging

Options
  • 22-02-2016 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

To me it seems the new rules governing mortgages is seriously flawed against single income families. I've decided that the house is just a bit tired looking and so headed into the bank for a top up on the mortgage. Wife isn't working and we've 4 kids. According to them your now allowed €250 per child plus €1250 for wife and €1000 for myself per month of accessible income then add my current mortgage payment and anything over that is the repayment amount I can afford.

AIB are really putting me through the ringer here on it. The real kicker is my total debt is 5% of the value of my home. It seems a very unfair way of calculate ability to repay and is heavily weighed in favour of childless double income couples. Going on 5 months now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Have you tried other banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

athtrasna wrote: »
    Have you tried other banks?

I haven't no, have been banking with AIB for years and this is my first experience of been thrown around by them

Advertisement