Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Shpudnik wrote: »
    It's mostly my parents pushing it. I'm not bothered. I've been around enough doctors to see that they don't want me as a problem.

Well i'm glad they are pushing. You can learn from that so you can carry on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Well i'm glad they are pushing. You can learn from that so you can carry on..
    Hard to see the point in carrying on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ok have to draw a line there Shpud, have to err on the side of caution here as per charter be careful of your language as it's borderline there

Sorry Grem. My wording was poor. I mean it's hard to find motivation after all the setbacks.

I agree totally there, motivation, if sold by the bottle would be my largest expense. I'm feckin hopeless when it comes to that..

• Advertisement

Days of nothing to do and pain all day make it hard. Summer holidays make it worse.

Believe me i can empathise, can't offer solutions but i'm here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Days of nothing to do and pain all day make it hard. Summer holidays make it worse.

Try to keep positive dude, it gets better I promise... I struggle from OCD, anxiety, health anxiety, waves of depression and God knows what else

Remember that you control your thoughts, not the other way around.. You are the driver

Head up now! Things will improve! :)

pone2012 wrote: »

Head up now! Things will improve! :)

I think they are already starting to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I've just read through the last few pages. Before that, my hands were physically shaking, and I couldn't control them.
    Anxiety up again, from the insesenct noise our neighbors create, all day long.

Just want to say thanks, you've all calmed me down ( somewhat )...

• Advertisement

Glad it helped a bit Trixie, mind yourself, there's always an ear here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Having a little bit of a tough day. Am very much stuck in my own head, ruminating like crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Glad it helped a bit Trixie, mind yourself, there's always an ear here

Thanks, really helped me this morning. Just back from a MABS appointment ( mortgage arrears ), doctor's later too.

My thoughts are all over the place, it's like I've no off switch.

We will all make it through this, stay strong everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Review is over and it went quite well. Maybe this whole positive thinking thing is the trick.

I'm wrecked now though. Really sleepy and drained, was quite on edge beforehand.

veganrun wrote: »
    Review is over and it went quite well. Maybe this whole positive thinking thing is the trick.

I'm wrecked now though. Really sleepy and drained, was quite on edge beforehand.

Delighted to hear that, VT! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,914 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

veganrun wrote:

Really well done. You earned that.

Positivity never hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Vela wrote: »
    Hey peeps

I'm not looking for medical advice (have loads of it!), just some personal experience if possible re: Lamictal.

I started on Lamictal to manage PTSD/mood stablisation/anxiety&neuropathic pain a month ago, after having no joy with various meds on and off over the years (aside from Benzos as needed). I'm reluctant to give up on it straight off the bat because it sounded like it might finally be the holy grail for me, but I've had some not so great side effects already. Insomnia is a big one and I was on sleeping tabs to manage that initially which I think I'll have to go back on. Then there's the fact that it's making my neuropathic pain worse instead of better, and this feeling of overheating/being clammy all the freaking time. I'm not visibly sweating/red but I just feel like I'm burning up. Now, I was quite ill for about 2 weeks into this with an infection - so the doc put it down to that, but now I'm pretty much better and this **** is still happening.

I'm very torn on whether to ask about discontinuing it because I know they don't seem like massive side effects, but they are to me because they're anxiety inducing which kind of negates the whole idea of this med helping me.

I suppose since I've had no benefit from the meds yet (I'm working up slowly to avoid the dreaded deadly rash thing and on 50mg at the mo), I'm just struggling to find a reason to stick this sh1t out. I know I can manage this well enough med-free with therapy; I've been doing it for years, but the highs and lows were getting a bit too much to deal with the past while. So when I found out this med also helped with neuro pain, I thought I was finally on to a winner.

I'm not going to quit them cold turkey or anything (hell no) but I'm going abroad for a good while soon and I seriously do not want to be dealing with this when I'm away, especially when A. it's an important trip, and B. getting that rash or something would land me in an ER with a massive fcuking bill.

I would really like to hear about anyone else's experiences with Lamictal and if you had these side effects and if they lessened at all over time?
    Google is a freakin anti-christ when it comes to looking this stuff up and I really just want to go back to the dr. knowing what I want to do rather than asking him, because I know him and he'll just ask me to stick with it longer regardless!

Thanks

No takers? :) I guess no-one has tried it on here. I went to the doc today anyways and turns out I still have this infection going on, so a lot of the stuff I'm having might be down to that instead... but got bloods taken just in case, so if they're grand then I'm going to stick it out for another while and see.

Sorry for just jumping into the thread unannounced yesterday! I wasn't sure where else to post this.

No takers? :) I guess no-one has tried it on here. I went to the doc today anyways and turns out I still have this infection going on, so a lot of the stuff I'm having might be down to that instead... but got bloods taken just in case, so if they're grand then I'm going to stick it out for another while and see.

Sorry for just jumping into the thread unannounced yesterday! I wasn't sure where else to post this.

No apologies needed!

Welcome to the thread by the way. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

No apologies needed!

Welcome to the thread by the way. :)

Thank you :) I think I'll stick around!

Thank you :) I think I'll stick around!

I made some lovely friends from this very thread. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

veganrun wrote: »

Well done! You got there! :)

Having a little bit of a tough day. Am very much stuck in my own head, ruminating like crazy.

Your head can be your worst enemy. Sometimes you have to force the demons out and try to think positive. Easier said than done but it can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

Hi I'm new to the thread & boards. I will back on my meds a month on the 3rd of Aug. Have been on and off them since 2008, 2009. I was my own worst enemy coming off them myself, but I live and learn.

I 'm glad I am back on them and trying to keep as positive as I can. I find the negative thinking is the worst for me and then I'll start crying. Have to stay strong for my son(16) and myself(35 female), so hopefully I will stay on them this time and I will get better.

My attitude is different this time, I feel I want to get better, and I feel I deserve to get better and I deserve to be here, where for a long time I felt I didn't.

Best of luck to everyone else on the thread also, it can be so hard, BUT GOOD TIMES ARE AHEAD:)!! STAY STRONG AND POSITIVE:)!!

Your head can be your worst enemy. Sometimes you have to force the demons out and try to think positive. Easier said than done but it can help.

So true. I need to do some of the things that my counsellor told me before like calling back my minds attention when it's running its mouth off.
    Hi I'm new to the thread & boards. I will back on my meds a month on the 3rd of Aug. Have been on and off them since 2008, 2009. I was my own worst enemy coming off them myself, but I live and learn.

I 'm glad I am back on them and trying to keep as positive as I can. I find the negative thinking is the worst for me and then I'll start crying. Have to stay strong for my son(16) and myself(35 female), so hopefully I will stay on them this time and I will get better.

My attitude is different this time, I feel I want to get better, and I feel I deserve to get better and I deserve to be here, where for a long time I felt I didn't.

Best of luck to everyone else on the thread also, it can be so hard, BUT GOOD TIMES ARE AHEAD:)!! STAY STRONG AND POSITIVE:)!!

Welcome aboard! :)

I feel like I'm still in my early 20s. It was about that age that things went wonky. I wonder if that's why.
    I feel the same way. I'm 35 now but things went completely wrong when I was 25 and I still feel like I am that young.

I feel the same way. I'm 35 now but things went completely wrong when I was 25 and I still feel like I am that young.

In a way we're forever young so. :)

Sometimes being young sucks.

Sometimes being young sucks.
    I know things can be hard, but try to keep focused on all the positives in you life.
    You are here for a reason, we all are.
    Happy times are ahead of you:)!

Writing down the things that are troubling you can be a good way to get things off your chest especially if you have no one to talk too. You can tear it up afterwards so no one else can see it. I find it can help.

I won't complain about that :).

• Advertisement

I know things can be hard, but try to keep focused on all the positives in you life.
    You are here for a reason, we all are.
    Happy times are ahead of you:)!

Writing down the things that are troubling you can be a good way to get things off your chest especially if you have no one to talk too. You can tear it up afterwards so no one else can see it. I find it can help.
    I tried that. Had refill pads full of my thoughts. Just don't even feel like writing it down anymore

Advertisement