Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

A real post work crash happening here.. Feckin monday folks :mad:

Hugs.

Sorry to hear that, Grem. Fingers crossed that it'll pass soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Everything is getting to me today. Can't even do basic tasks without ovrrthinkng and messing up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Shpudnik wrote:
    Everything is getting to me today. Can't even do basic tasks without ovrrthinkng and messing up

Same here, so trust me, you're not alone. All I had to do this morning was phone my doctor, for an appointment.

Even the smallest task such as that, drives my anxiousness through the roof. Took me about an hour to actually make the call.

Also, am I the only only one that looks forward to September ? Dark evenings and all that, I always hate those long summer bright ones!

trixiebust wrote: »
    Same here, so trust me, you're not alone. All I had to do this morning was phone my doctor, for an appointment.

Even the smallest task such as that, drives my anxiousness through the roof. Took me about an hour to actually make the call.

Also, am I the only only one that looks forward to September ? Dark evenings and all that, I always hate those long summer bright ones!
    September: Wake up, go to school, come home and lock myself in my room for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dan27barca

Hello guys, im new to this thread. I just want to know on thing. How can someone with mental illness receive psychiatrist help when that person is in denial?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I'm feeling restless or something today. Spent about 5 hours walking around in a warm costume yesterday at ComicCon and feeling kinda tired today, but also like I need to go outside and move around. I'm back home at the moment so don't have access to my bike.

Can't do anything at the minute. Can barely function when I have to talk or interact with someone. Went to the shop and was dropping my money cause I was shaking so much. Anything I can do to stop this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

dan27barca wrote:
    Hello guys, im new to this thread. I just want to know on thing. How can someone with mental illness receive psychiatrist help when that person is in denial?

Very difficult if they are an adult and do not feel/see they need help. Someone can be committed to a mental health facility but only when they are at a risk of doing immediate harm to themselves or others.

Maybe if they are a family member, you coukd comminicate your concern to their Dr but that would only be to make them aware, they would have that knowledge should the person call to them for that or another reason but the Dr would not act purely on your opinion.

I suggest you let the person know your concerns and suggest a path to care (starting with their GP) which they may be comfortable with.

They may be concerned that mental health care is either meds or hospitalisation immediately which is hardly ever the case.

Well done on trying to find ways to help them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Today wasn't great, I was on edge all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

snowflaker wrote: »
    But you made it through which is the main thing and that is an achievement in it self. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Shpudnik wrote: »
    Everything is getting to me today. Can't even do basic tasks without ovrrthinkng and messing up :(

It happens to me in work. Certain thoughts seem to get stronger when I'm doing certain tasks, such as processing things on the computer. It's just very hard not to focus on the tasks to hand without overthinking things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

snowflaker wrote: »

Yea, I felt similar today. Managed to just about keep on top of it but the negative fearful thoughts were there in the background. They haven't been a problem for a few weeks now so hopefully they'll keep away tomorrow.

jsms88 wrote: »
    Yea, I felt similar today. Managed to just about keep on top of it but the negative fearful thoughts were there in the background. They haven't been a problem for a few weeks now so hopefully they'll keep away tomorrow.

Hopefully it was just because it was Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Anxiety/health anxiety is back this morning. A family member has a migraine so it's immediately got me feeling very tense and nervous and I worry that something else is wrong. I was feeling slightly upbeat this morning and now I think it serves me right for trying to enjoy things and be happy and now I've a load of worry and tension and stress as I tried to be relaxed.

Then I get a bit annoyed as I think to myself, had I not taken a few days off and went home I wouldn't have known about this and wouldn't have had the worry and it makes me want to run away. I hate that out of the fight or flight response, I definitely seem to be flight and it makes me feel like a chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

In the last 2 months l feel l have been completey deflated. Days when anxiety is bad, but its weeks of feeling so low, no motivation, self loth...and 1 thing I wished I coped long ago....feeling like lm 14 again. And feeling so alone, everyday god damn day. I cant type down on here everything thing I wanna say cause its too much and Im not great being articulate.
    I just wish I had someone behind my back.

In the last 2 months l feel l have been completey deflated. Days when anxiety is bad, but its weeks of feeling so low, no motivation, self loth...and 1 thing I wished I coped long ago....feeling like lm 14 again. And feeling so alone, everyday god damn day. I cant type down on here everything thing I wanna say cause its too much and Im not great being articulate.
    I often find myself feeling a little bit jealous of other people who are in relationships. Even though I know no couple is perfect, it must be lovely to have someone on your side who has always got your back, and is their for you when you need them.

I can get over couples, its people who have siblings that get on, proper friend/friends, family....all these connections that most people have, and I dont. I really dont. Its so silly and something that didnt bother me too much but even when I see people get more "likes" or have more friends on snapchat, it actually gets to me now. Its so stupid and pointless I know, its just thats how ****e recent times have been for me.

I can get over couples, its people who have siblings that get on, proper friend/friends, family....all these connections that most people have, and I dont. I really dont. Its so silly and something that didnt bother me too much but even when I see people get more "likes" or have more friends on snapchat, it actually gets to me now. Its so stupid and pointless I know, its just thats how ****e recent times have been for me.

It's not stupid, it because your human:). I have very little friendships myself and I only get on with some of my family. For years I didn't speak to my older sister (its along story on both sides), but we are on good terms now. I am actually quite happy not having many friends I don't have to worry whether I good enough or not, which is a big thing for me.

If you are unhappy with the way your relationships are is there any way you could improve on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Today was better. More at ease. Hope you all are having a good day

Really sorry to hear that you're going through all that, SAC. Loneliness really can be a catalyst for becoming low.

Did you ever try anything like meetup.com or girlcrew? I hear that the latter is very good. Could be a good opportunity to get out and meet people.

• Advertisement

If you are unhappy with the way your relationships are is there any way you could improve on them?

It's not stupid, it because your human . I have very little friendships myself and I only get on with some of my family. For years I didn't speak to my older sister (its along story on both sides), but we are on good terms now. I am actually quite happy not having many friends I don't have to worry whether I good enough or not, which is a big thing for me.

Not making excuses but its too difficult with my family. But I do go to counselling and on a waiting list to see a psychologist, like not 1 person knows all this, only the professionals that are helping me.

Not making excuses but its too difficult with my family. But I do go to counselling and on a waiting list to see a psychologist, like not 1 person knows all this, only the professionals that are helping me.
    I completely understand the family bit and you don't need to explain. Families are funny things altogether and sometimes you have walk away from them in order to get your own life in order.
    Be good and kind to yourself and remember just because people look to have everything together doesn't mean they have. Decide if you can, where in life you would like to be and work towards it. You deserve to happy and healthy and one day you will get there. You owe it to yourself to get there. :) Hope your day improves!

Did you ever try anything like meetup.com or girlcrew? I hear that the latter is very good. Could be a good opportunity to get out and meet people.

Really sorry to hear that you're going through all that, SAC. Loneliness really can be a catalyst for becoming low.

I did. Where I live these seem non existent. Iv joined 1 or 2 classes, I find it difficult to befriend some people as it feels like groups have already formed. But I do plan to join few more, when I get in better form.

I did. Where I live these seem non existent. Iv joined 1 or 2 classes, I find it difficult to befriend some people as it feels like groups have already formed.

I found it difficult also. Some nights and groups were better than others though, depending on who attended.

Ever think about attending a Boards meetup? Like one of the regional forums or a topic forum that interests you. I know a gang of people on here and despite my own issues with social anxiety I found that by talking to them on the various forums and in PMs, it actually made it very easy when it came to meeting up in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭caniask86

Suffering from Jaw pain and headaches think its likely a side effect of medications. Might need to go back to doctor.

I have a sore throat and a bit on edge, hate when I am sick doesn't help with anxiety at all. Anyway had a few palpation in a row and of course think I am dying now and scared more is going to come back. In the pits today.

People taking the piss out of me all day has made me feel like **** this evening

Shpudnik wrote: »
    People taking the piss out of me all day has made me feel like **** this evening

Sorry to hear that, Shpud

Not a great night here unfortunately. Mind has been racing for the last few hours. Been thinking about everyone that I've lost, ones that I'm currently losing, and about the future. Thinking about all of my faults and how they seem impossible to overcome but also impossible to accept.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Also pretty bad here.. Got severely anxious about something and it's turned into paranoia and the first rage attack in a while. Reboot switch for feelings would be great.

• Advertisement

Also pretty bad here.. Got severely anxious about something and it's turned into paranoia and the first rage attack in a while. Reboot switch for feelings would be great.

Sorry to hear that, Gremmy.
    Yeah, a reboot switch for feelings would be fantastic.
    Hopefully it'll all pass soon.

Advertisement