Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Very despairing this evening. Huge, huge mood crash. Hard to physically keep my head up..

Sorry to hear that, Grem. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Very despairing this evening. Huge, huge mood crash. Hard to physically keep my head up..

Sorry to hear that Grem. I'm in very bad physical health this evening so my mood is gone to the dogs

Shpudnik wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Grem. I'm in very bad physical health this evening so my mood is gone to the dogs

Sorry to hear that, Shpud. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Sorry your feeling down, Grem. Hopefully, you got a good nights sleep. It always helps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Worked the night. Usually better for me than pacing around house, it's so unnerving to cycle and crash with no apparent cause.

• Advertisement

Worked the night. Usually better for me than pacing around house, it's so unnerving to cycle and crash with no apparent cause.

Work is a great distraction for me too. It's when my head has time to wander that it really starts to screw with me. Make sure you get sleep today though... lack of sleep causes significant problems to mental health!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh and then some, i've a chronic pain issue too so the balance is difficult to manage but rest is very precious, thanks for the kind words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Just back from another night in A&E. I think that's the 4th different hospital I've spent the night in in the last week or so. Going to start writing reviews on trip advisor!!

In fairness to them all though, all very positive experiences (as positive as they could be, given the circumstances) and all very kind and caring staff. And surprisingly little waiting around etc, compared to some of the horror stories you hear!

There was a truly amazing psych nurse I met this morning, very thorough and helpful, and she talked through a lot with my dad as well so it's good that he finally has some bit of a better understanding of my issues. She was so patient and lovely. She talked to my counsellor and doctor in St Pats too, I wouldn't be surprised if another admission is imminent given recent events. :(

Bad night here. Any tiny bit of positivity has gone out the window.

I said on here recently enough that I won't resign myself to this but I think I already have. I don't want to but what else is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I said on here recently enough that I won't resign myself to this but I think I already have. I don't want to but what else is there.

<3

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Stiglitz. Try to have some perspective. Your fear and anxiety is irrational. Things will get better if you can look beyond it. I know... it's easy in theory.....

I'm up and down almost every hour at the moment, drifting between panicked feelings that I've totally failed at life and me telling myself to cop on. Exhausting stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Sorry to hear, all l can say is just keep going, realise your trying your best. Be a friend to yourself. Start again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Think I still have some work to do anxiety wise. Just got an email from the letting agent saying there's an apartment inspection in about a month's time. I immediately got this feeling of tension and cold sweat almost.

I'm not really sure why as I've kept the apartment in good condition and it's quite clean so there shouldn't be anything to worry about, but then the catastrophising starts. What if they find something and they take my deposit and take me to court, I will be bankrupt and will not ever find anywhere else to live and have no job.

Madness

Having said that I'm going to go clean it even more even though I cleaned last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

veganrun wrote: »
    Think I still have some work to do anxiety wise. Just got an email from the letting agent saying there's an apartment inspection in about a month's time. I immediately got this feeling of tension and cold sweat almost.

I'm not really sure why as I've kept the apartment in good condition and it's quite clean so there shouldn't be anything to worry about, but then the catastrophising starts. What if they find something and they take my deposit and take me to court, I will be bankrupt and will not ever find anywhere else to live and have no job.

Madness

Having said that I'm going to go clean it even more even though I cleaned last weekend.

If it makes you feel any better I had one of these not too long ago and the letting agent himself said that he's only there to make sure that I haven't knocked down any walls or ripped lights out of the ceiling, it's purely a formality, it will go fine for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

veganrun wrote:

The reason they gave you a months notice is so people don't complain that they were caught unawares.

You could ring them, and tell them you forgot earlier that you're supposed to be going on holidays soon for 4 weeks. Suggest they can do the inspection tomorrow.

I'd imagine they'll view it positively that you're inviting them in. The advantage is it saves you stressing over the next 4 weeks.

I 100% categorically expect that the apartment is right now is acceptable.

These checks are to ensure no structural damage, no walls needing painting and no furniture missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I don't say this lightly, really well done on recognizing what's happening and reaching out for support.
    If you have a professional contact, let them know what's going on.

This can be part of the natural sine wave of depression. The positive thing about this (I do realize how ludicrous that might sound) is that hopefully because your form has dropped to this point over the last few weeks/months, that it is soon about to turn upwards.

In the meantime, know this is temporary, be kind to yourself and if you can, recognize something you'd enjoy, plan it and aim for that. Even if it's only a nice takeaway.

Will be thinking of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Thanks. Yeah there's nothing really wrong with the apartment other than a bad smell coming from the shower drain which has only started in the last few days and I phoned them this morning to get it resolved. And a couple of light bulbs that are gone again as there seems to be something up with the sockets again.

Other than that the place is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Its been a while since I have been on thread. Its been a mad few months.

I had my daughter 13 weeks ago... have history of pnd, depression, anxiety and borderline pd.
    Added to this, have a nearly 6 year old with autism/adhd and a four year old.

Was ok up to this week but finding some of my negative copimg techniques coming back.
    Sleep is not great despite baby sleeping...
    Just dreading things are slipping.

Starting to hate interactions aside from with my baby.anxiety is huge and feel edgy and almost extra aware of things.
    Just struggling. Have clinic on monday but know the struggle will be put down to new baby.
    Just feel foggy and disconnected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

No matter what I do it a never right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

I had my daughter 13 weeks ago... have history of pnd, depression, anxiety and borderline pd.

Was ok up to this week but finding some of my negative copimg techniques coming back.

Starting to hate interactions aside from with my baby.anxiety is huge and feel edgy and almost extra aware of things.
    Just struggling. Have clinic on monday but know the struggle will be put down to new baby.

Go easy on yourself and be kind to yourself, you have a lot to deal with. I know it would be difficult with 3 small children but try to take some time out for yourself, you will all benefit in the long term. On Monday when your at the clinic be clear with them and on how your feeling and that it is not just down to having a baby and maybe will be offer more help to you. Congrats on the new baby:)!

• Advertisement

Shpudnik wrote: »
    No matter what I do it a never right.
    Keep focusing on the positives in your life. No one is perfect and we all get things wrong from time to time. Things will get better:)!

<3
    jsms88 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Stiglitz. Try to have some perspective. Your fear and anxiety is irrational. Things will get better if you can look beyond it. I know... it's easy in theory.....

I'm up and down almost every hour at the moment, drifting between panicked feelings that I've totally failed at life and me telling myself to cop on. Exhausting stuff.
    Sorry to hear, all l can say is just keep going, realise your trying your best. Be a friend to yourself. Start again tomorrow.
    I don't say this lightly, really well done on recognizing what's happening and reaching out for support.
    If you have a professional contact, let them know what's going on.

This can be part of the natural sine wave of depression. The positive thing about this (I do realize how ludicrous that might sound) is that hopefully because your form has dropped to this point over the last few weeks/months, that it is soon about to turn upwards.

In the meantime, know this is temporary, be kind to yourself and if you can, recognize something you'd enjoy, plan it and aim for that. Even if it's only a nice takeaway.

Will be thinking of you.

Thanks for all the kind replies.

I find nighttime to be the worst for these kind of things. The silence allows for the ruminating thoughts to bounce around more in my head.

Hope ye all are doing ok there. x

Hope things improve there soon.

Keep focusing on the positives in your life. No one is perfect and we all get things wrong from time to time. Things will get better:)!

We all get things wrong sometimes. Making mistakes, bad decisions and getting things wrong just means that youre human.

Be strong. Trust in your own goodness.

jsms88 wrote: »
    We all get things wrong sometimes. Making mistakes, bad decisions and getting things wrong just means that youre human.

Be strong. Trust in your own goodness.

Well said. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Funny how?

Anxiety through the roof. Was off work for a week and was constantly logging on through emails through the week to make sure everything is all right.

Back to work and my IBS has kicked off again due to the stress I'm under with a terrible pain in my lower left abdomen and waking up at 6 in the morning every day even though I have another two hours sleep to go. I'm absolutely burnt out.

I'm making lists all day about my expenditures, my dinners for next week, what I need to buy etc etc. List making could go on for hours after work

I just want to quit my job, become a millionaire and never worry about work again.

Not depressed but anxiety is killing me and starting to go for four or five pints every second evening. The list making is destroying me and I don't know if it's ocd are just the anxiety about every ****in little thing.

I hate been on my own but grand in good company

Funny how? wrote: »
    Anxiety through the roof. Was off work for a week and was constantly logging on through emails through the week to make sure everything is all right.

Back to work and my IBS has kicked off again due to the stress I'm under with a terrible pain in my lower left abdomen and waking up at 6 in the morning every day even though I have another two hours sleep to go. I'm absolutely burnt out.

I'm making lists all day about my expenditures, my dinners for next week, what I need to buy etc etc. List making could go on for hours after work

I just want to quit my job, become a millionaire and never worry about work again.

Not depressed but anxiety is killing me and starting to go for four or five pints every second evening. The list making is destroying me and I don't know if it's ocd are just the anxiety about every ****in little thing.

Hey,
    Sorry to hear of your troubles there.

I'm sure that a lot of us can relate to the list making. I do it myself. Seems to be a coping strategy to try and minimise the level of anxiety, but I often find that it only serves to cause intense ruminating.

Funny how? wrote: »

Sorry to hear about your anxiety. Are you making lists to try to organise everything that is happening in your life? Are you overwhelmed by all the different things are are going on at the moment? That would strike me as a totally normal response but if it only making things worse, you need to stop.

Checking work emails when off is a bad habit. Work to live not live to work.

I hope that the week ahead will be kind to you all. :)

• Advertisement

I hope that the week ahead will be kind to you all. :)
    Don't forget about yourself. I hope the week is kind to you also:)!

Advertisement