Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Mind racing this morning. Moving from one possible problem to another. Every time I tell myself to cop on, that I'm worrying about nothing, I just move onto something else to worry about. It's a big cycle and it's so tiring. I wish I could just let it all go and live a calm unstressful life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

jsms88 wrote: »
    Mind racing this morning. Moving from one possible problem to another. Every time I tell myself to cop on, that I'm worrying about nothing, I just move onto something else to worry about. It's a big cycle and it's so tiring. I wish I could just let it all go and live a calm unstressful life.

I wonder if you were to write down the things that were concerning you that you were afraid would happen, in the next few days, week or month. Kind of like a diary. Then, you could read back and see how 99.99% of them didn't happen, this might provide some tangible proof that would help you relax the next time a worried thought comes to mind.

I wonder if you were to write down the things that were concerning you that you were afraid would happen, in the next few days, week or month. Kind of like a diary. Then, you could read back and see how 99.99% of them didn't happen, this might provide some tangible proof that would help you relax the next time a worried thought comes to mind.

I've often gone through all the things I've worried about that havnt happened in my head but I've never written them down. It's a long list and looking back some of them are totally ridiculous like all the times I've convinced myself I have a fatal illness.

Yea, I might make a list. But knowing me I'll turn it around and say something like none of these things have happened yet so sooner or later one of them has to. I guess I'm just very fatalistic. I can't allow myself just to relax and be happy.

Funny how? wrote: »
    In the pub against since 3. On my 12th pint I'd say. Could not sit still at home. Drove around for three hours but still didn't clear.

I don't know if rehab or doctor is next stage.

I would think doctor. Just 500 thoughts going through my head and worrying about work

I'm only happy with a pint in front of me.

Was planning on watching soccer all day. Spent 3k on beer since may and in a decent job.

Drink is a bad way to go, you know that yourself. I know it's just a way to escape but it's a really slippery slope. You could lose a lot more than 3k if you get stuck in it, especially if you have a family.

You seem to know that you need to do something though so fair play to ya for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Seems that work is the source of a lot of people's problems. I'll say it, work is f***** bs. I've gradually become less tolerant of it in the last year. Tbh I think this whole 40hr 5 day week is a load of horses*** and think it's obscene that we have to spend most of our time working, doing s*** that often doesn't really matter and that you won't care you did once you retire.

I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I plan to be comfortable financially on well less than 40 hours a week.

• Advertisement

veganrun wrote: »
    Seems that work is the source of a lot of people's problems. I'll say it, work is f***** bs. I've gradually become less tolerant of it in the last year. Tbh I think this whole 40hr 5 day week is a load of horses*** and think it's obscene that we have to spend most of our time working, doing s*** that often doesn't really matter and that you won't care you did once you retire.

I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I plan to be comfortable financially on well less than 40 hours a week.

Work is my distraction to be honest. 7-8 hours a day where I don't have time to think about my life is great. Although sometimes it get through, work gives a break from anxiety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

*bro-hugs* So sorry to hear that. I do that myself and it makes life hell. I hope that you can calm your mind there soon, J.
    veganrun wrote: »

Well said! The stress from having to work is the reason that I play both the National Lottery and the EuroMillions every week. If I was able to not have to work, tackling everything else that I need to might be much more easier.

*bro-hugs* So sorry to hear that. I do that myself and it makes life hell. I hope that you can calm your mind there soon, J.

Thanks Hugo. It doesn't take much to set me off. I could be having a great day and then I'd hear something or I'd read something and it would get me thinking and obsessing and get me all upset. Nice to know other people go through similar things and understand.

Thanks Hugo. It doesn't take much to set me off. I could be having a great day and then I'd hear something or I'd read something and it would get me thinking and obsessing and get me all upset. Nice to know other people go through similar things and understand.

I can totally relate. I'm very sensitive to some things yet I can be totally indifferent to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

What a dull waste of a weekend. Really in a place of malaise atm the joy seems to be gone from everything

• Advertisement

snowflaker wrote: »
    What a dull waste of a weekend. Really in a place of malaise atm the joy seems to be gone from everything

I hear you.

Was it just this weekend or are you finding them all to be like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭7 Seconds...

I am the same, nearly every weekend, something really needs to start giving for me. Hope the week will be an improvement. Here's hoping we all a good week ahead of us! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm working all weekend, that's the usual for me.. Been binge eating today though.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I am the same, nearly every weekend, something really needs to start giving for me. Hope the week will be an improvement. Here's hoping we all a good week ahead of us! :)

Sorry to hear it both of you. Feeling in the same boat here.

I'm the same. They're becoming increasingly worse too. I'm really hoping that my counselling sessions will help me get a handle on it.

How long have you been feeling like this, C?

Fingers crossed for a good week there too.

I'm working all weekend, that's the usual for me.. Been binge eating today though.. :(

Hopefully you'll feel better soon, G. x

I definitely get where you're coming from. Weekends seem to be just days of doing nothing for me at the moment. It's a strange time of year anyway I suppose with everyone back to school/college and not much happening.

I'm the same. They're becoming increasingly worse too. I'm really hoping that my counselling sessions will help me get a handle on it.

How long have you been feeling like this, C?

Fingers crossed for a good week there too.

Thanks H:)! I think things have been spiraling out of control again for me in the last 6 months, between spending too much money on my son's T.Y. & my mother not calling again has just really made me feel really down again, but it mostly realizing she has never really cared for me has just knocked me for six. Have put my name down for counseling again so hopefully things will get back on track again. Thank God I have this thread to bounce off, I really do appreciate you all.

Hope the week is a good one for us all!:)

I hear you.

Was it just this weekend or are you finding them all to be like this?

Lately them all. Especially if I've nothing planned. The whole weekend alone in my house- usually spent sleeping and eating crap. My diet has gone to hell

The weekdays are spent looking forward to the weekends which are then wasted in bed

• Advertisement

The weekdays are spent looking forward to the weekends which are then wasted in bed

Ah stop! I think that's the worst part of it! The yearning for the weekend to arrive but then the sudden emotional u-turn.

I'd so love to be content with myself and my thoughts.

Have a good week everyone. Here's hoping!

Have a good week everyone. Here's hoping!

you too!

iPhone announcement Tuesday - hey its my thing :)

you too!

iPhone announcement Tuesday - hey its my thing :)

Ooooh nice! You thinking of buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

I feel like I'm such a **** up :(

Ooooh nice! You thinking of buying?

Yes. It's my one personal luxury in life.

I had a cheap flight booked to the states but I'm in no mind to go. I just can't face the hassle and holidays in bad form are no holidays at all. So I kinda decided with the money I'd save by not going I could afford my phone.

Shpudnik wrote: »

Sorry to hear that, it's a thought that goes through me head all to regularly

Yes. It's my one personal luxury in life.

I had a cheap flight booked to the states but I'm in no mind to go. I just can't face the hassle and holidays in bad form are no holidays at all. So I kinda decided with the money I'd save by not going I could afford my phone.

It's good to treat yourself to things. Sometimes it's something like a new gadget that can lift your spirits, even if only for a while.

You're not. Honestly. It's just your mind making you think that.
    I know you from elsewhere on Boards and you are genuinely a good guy, Shpud!
    Sorry to hear that, it's a thought that goes through me head all to regularly

Likewise. We're our own worst enemies.

Nope sorry you are far too young to be classed as **** up yet:)! Remember your are an aviation expert in the making, its only onwards & upwards for you Shpudik, keeping focusing on your positives, the world is at your feet:).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Same. Ashamed of what I packed away in my belly the last few hours.
    Least it's all gone now.

Always Sundays. Must be something embedded in my brain from childhood.

Anyways here's to a peaceful enough week.

Advertisement