Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think I need to be admitted to hospital

Sorry to hear you're struggling crispycrisps.

Have you anyone you can talk to?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bad night for a few here, i'm bad with insomnia again which tends to send my paranoia into overdrive. I have to try keep in mind that i might be overthinking yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 crispycrisps

Sorry to hear you're struggling crispycrisps.

Have you anyone you can talk to?

No I haven't. I've lost everyone to this illness. I turned my phone off the other day after 4 weeks of not getting a single call or message from my friends.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No I haven't. I've lost everyone to this illness. I turned my phone off the other day after 4 weeks of not getting a single call or message from my friends.

You got us Crispy, what's happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

You got us Crispy, what's happening?

She's right. We get you here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Bad night for a few here, i'm bad with insomnia again which tends to send my paranoia into overdrive. I have to try keep in mind that i might be overthinking yet again.

Sorry to hear that, Grem.

Not a great night here either. Has been spiralling for a while now.

Hope that you will get some well deserved rest soon. x

Sorry to hear that, CC.

I've been hiding my breakdowns for day, keeping it together today during the day and crying all night. I feel I have nothing to live for, but my pet dog.

Crispy, tell me more about things, have you been to a support group, are you in the country or a town, talked to a doctor?.

I've been attending a counsellor since october 2016 and started on lexapro almost 3 months ago.

Even with my counsellor I hide how low I am.

I lied to my counsellor a good bit at the start, i was totally freaked out that they might have the gardai waiting to bring me to hospital every time a session was up.. Horrible.. Referral to psychiatric services and a (long) wait helped monitor and adjust my meds and i changed counsellor.. It's so bloody tough and discouraging though.. That's why this thread exists i think really..

• Advertisement

I've been attending a counsellor since october 2016 and started on lexapro almost 3 months ago.

Even with my counsellor I hide how low I am.

You have to be brutally honest with your counsellor, CC.

I'm not judging you harshly though. I do the same with my psychiatrist as I'm afraid a change in medication will mess me up further. When it comes to counselling though, I've always been completely honest with them, to the point of being mortified at times. They never judge though.

We have to be honest with them when we meet with them. To hold things back in the one place where we can freely say what is on our minds can only hurt us more in the long run.

I just wish I could go away, be lock away for a few weeks and get better. I feel my life as I knew it is over. Relationship break down, friendship ending.

I just wish I could go away, be lock away for a few weeks and get better. I feel my life as I knew it is over. Relationship break down, friendship ending.

I try to remind myself that life is ever-changing no matter what we do, i mean it still makes me shake my head when i realise how fast we are travelling just sitting on this ball called home.. Weirdly i find comfort in looking up at a night sky and seeing the thousands of stars. Might be just me :o
    Maybe you could tell your counsellor one true worry every time you see them?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Gremlinertia's telling the truth crispycrisps.
    Going away, as you put it, helps at the right time but really they would strongly suggest you work with your therapist first. And it's called work!
    It's very difficult to allow yourself to be vulnerable but it can help so much.

I try to remind myself that life is ever-changing no matter what we do, i mean it still makes me shake my head when i realise how fast we are travelling just sitting on this ball called home.. Weirdly i find comfort in looking up at a night sky and seeing the thousands of stars. Might be just me :o
    Maybe you could tell your counsellor one true worry every time you see them?.

Great advice there, G. It doesn't have to be all out straight away. Might even be a good idea to openly state that it will take a while to fully open up.

Gremlinertia's telling the truth crispycrisps.
    Going away, as you put it, helps at the right time but really they would strongly suggest you work with your therapist first. And it's called work!
    It's very difficult to allow yourself to be vulnerable but it can help so much.

Work is very much the word, it's hard but good, between DBT and one to one therapy i've railed and cried and been so angry i wanted to break up the furniture in the room but it's been so valuable too. I know i'm better than i was.

Work is very much the word, it's hard but good, between DBT and one to one therapy i've railed and cried and been so angry i wanted to break up the furniture in the room but it's been so valuable too. I know i'm better than i was.

Work is what scares me. As Tell Me How truthfully pointed out to me earlier, I wouldn't take no from anybody else but I'm very fast to shoot myself down.

Work is what scares me. As Tell Me How truthfully pointed out to me earlier, I wouldn't take no from anybody else but I'm very fast to shoot myself down.

Therapist once said to me if i heard someone talking to someone else like i talk to myself what would i think? It utterly floored me because i'd probably step in to say it's not ok to bark at someone else like that, but as you say we do it to ourselves daily. It still stops me in my tracks sometimes but my lack of self worth allows it a lot.

Therapist once said to me if i heard someone talking to someone else like i talk to myself what would i think? It utterly floored me because i'd probably step in to say it's not ok to bark at someone else like that, but as you say we do it to ourselves daily. It still stops me in my tracks sometimes but my lack of self worth allows it a lot.

Our minds are not really our minds really. They talk to us as if we were a separate person. Or do we talk to it like that?

Having a really bad night :(

• Advertisement

Shpudnik wrote: »

Hang on in there, Shpud.

Shpudnik wrote: »

It'll be ok Shpud, morning soon.. Try do something nice with the day, photos or fly the drone perhaps.

Our minds are not really our minds really. They talk to us as if we were a separate person. Or do we talk to it like that?

I've talked about this with a psychologist and a psychiatrist but i'm no nearer an answer really.. I guess everyone's experience varies..

I've talked about this with a psychologist and a psychiatrist but i'm no nearer an answer really.. I guess everyone's experience varies..

I suppose that it'd be a tough one to scientifically investigate.

Yeah it's been a really bad night. Need to get some sleep :(

This is probably the worst that I've felt in years. The rapid decline in the recent months and especially the last few weeks is utterly terrifying. Still no idea of when I'll be able to get a counselling appointment. Really hope that I know soon because I'm actually really really struggling here. I've been lashing out a lot recently and am afraid that I'm actually causing what I am always ruminating about.

I hope you both get some rest soon, lack of sleep can bring us to scary places.. I have my fingers crossed for everyone here tonight

I hope you both get some rest soon, lack of sleep can bring us to scary places.. I have my fingers crossed for everyone here tonight

I hope you find rest too, Grem. x

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for us all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Absolutely. For me, I think that's when the paranoia more than anything else is at it's strongest, and (also for me) that's definitely the worst part of all this. As bad as the other parts are, the paranoia is easily the worst (for me).

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Absolutely. For me, I think that's when the paranoia more than anything else is at it's strongest, and (also for me) that's definitely the worst part of all this. As bad as the other parts are, the paranoia is easily the worst (for me).

Well said, W.

My lack of sleep isn't due to insomnia. It's just a case of poor sleep hygiene. I'm knowingly doing this to myself.

Advertisement