Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I've heard it might get me places ;)

Oh my! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh matron!.

Ooh matron!.

Oh how I've missed you! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aww shucks!. :o

Aww shucks!. :o

That's my favourite emoticon too!

• Advertisement

I give myself frequent reason to use it!. Like this week, i was either quite animated or very down, both cause me to stutter and lose my sentences. Very :o

I give myself frequent reason to use it!. Like this week, i was either quite animated or very down, both cause me to stutter and lose my sentences. Very :o

I stutter a bit at times too. The good people out there don't judge, but I agree that it can be embarrassing.

I make more of it in my own head than others, you know how i am for over thinking stuff and ruminating, a lot of us do it..

I make more of it in my own head than others, you know how i am for over thinking stuff and ruminating, a lot of us do it..

I totally hear you. Overthinking and rumination has caused us all so much trouble and heartache.

It's weird, personally i would mostly have said i don't care about myself, yet i worry and ruminate over everything i do in an almost obsessive kind of way. Sometimes i can sit back and laugh at how absurd it is..

• Advertisement

It's weird, personally i would mostly have said i don't care about myself, yet i worry and ruminate over everything i do in an almost obsessive kind of way. Sometimes i can sit back and laugh at how absurd it is..

Same. I rationally know everything I think and go through shouldn't be like this, but the mind is a strong thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I know it's utter **** having bpd the vast majority of the time, but those rare times when you feel good/positive feelings so intensely nearly makes up for it. Not the manic kind, but the "I love these things/people so much that I can physically feel it" feelings.

I know I'm going to look back at this post when I'm feeling the opposite and think I'm mental for saying this haha.

When you say bpd, do you mean bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder? Bpd seems to be used for both, it's confusing! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Borderline. Yeah, it's confusing that people often use It for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I have eaten too much chocolate. By which I mean, I cannot fit any more in me.

This is what's known as chocolate therapy. It has worked before. I will make it work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭One More Toy

mickstupp wrote: »
    I have eaten too much chocolate. By which I mean, I cannot fit any more in me.

This is what's known as chocolate therapy. It has worked before. I will make it work again.

Better than eating nothing though!

My weaknesses are chocolate, fresh white bread with real butter and baby potatoes with real butter.. Hence I am the size of a tank because i give in often. Thankfully i like salads etc too. Haven't completely blimped just yet.

My weaknesses are chocolate, fresh white bread with real butter and baby potatoes with real butter.. Hence I am the size of a tank because i give in often. Thankfully i like salads etc too. Haven't completely blimped just yet.

I, however, have blimped long ago! :pac::o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I, however, have blimped long ago! :pac::o

I, on the other hand, am what you would call "a bastard". I can eat all around me and never seem to put on weight! :pac: :D:)

Wilberto wrote: »
    I, on the other hand, am what you would call "a bastard". I can eat all around me and never seem to put on weight! :pac: :D:)

I may only speak for myself here, but i'm disgusted - a skinny glutton, what fresh hell is this?? :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bridgettedon

I am jealous. I'd love to be like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

With the greatest of respect and sincerity you bastard :)

I only have to look at something to gain weight it seems. Chocolate my weakness too.
    Potatoes with real butter and salt. And cheese are particular comfort foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I'm the same. I can take six months to put on a kilo eating copious amounts to try to gain weight just to lose the kilo in one hard shift at work. It is a different type of curse.

I'd imagine very annoying at times, people don't tend to out and out call me fat but it seems to be ok to tell a person they are too skinny..

FortySeven wrote: »
    I'm the same. I can take six months to put on a kilo eating copious amounts to try to gain weight just to lose the kilo in one hard shift at work. It is a different type of curse.

In what way is it a curse? Is it due to other people's reaction or because you yourself would prefer not to be like that. I'm just curious so feel free not to answer

I can nearly starve myself all week but not lose any weight.

I won't call you a bastard, but I will certainly think it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I am the same as this, both my mum and I struggle to put on weight.
    La.de.da wrote: »
    With the greatest of respect and sincerity you bastard :)

I only have to look at something to gain weight it seems. Chocolate my weakness too.
    Potatoes with real butter and salt. And cheese are particular comfort foods.
    Chocolate is a weakness for me too.

I particularly love potatoes mashed with butter and salt, then a little grated cheese over them and into the oven to melt the cheese. Love it with a spicy mince sauce (like bolognese with spuds instead of pasta/spag).
    In what way is it a curse? Is it due to other people's reaction or because you yourself would prefer not to be like that. I'm just curious so feel free not to answer
    I can only speak for myself but I've found that a lot of people (mostly girls in my experience) tend to make snarky/snide/bítchy comments/remarks, either because they aren't like that (can't put on weight) or because they are losing or want to lose weight but don't want to put in the work/effort needed to lose weight.

I am by no means toned and I definitely don't have "definition" (abs etc), but I am not into that anyway, I prefer being as I am, I am not into the six-pack look, it just does nothing for me.

I don't go around rubbing it in peoples faces or constantly say/tell people how I can eat what I want etc. I don't boast about it but anytime any convo has come up about weight, size, eating etc and I've said it, I get "the look" or comments.

My former best friend made a remark to me just after my ex and I split, and just as she and her bf became official which really struck me and has kinda stuck with me ever since tbh. It's definitely made me more self conscious and it shouldn't have.

I am the same as this, both my mum and I struggle to put on weight.

Chocolate is a weakness for me too.

I particularly love potatoes mashed with butter and salt, then a little grated cheese over them and into the oven to melt the cheese. Love it with a spicy mince sauce (like bolognese with spuds instead of pasta/spag).

I can only speak for myself but I've found that a lot of people (mostly girls in my experience) tend to make snarky/snide/bítchy comments/remarks, either because they aren't like that (can't put on weight) or because they are losing or want to lose weight but don't want to put in the work/effort needed to lose weight.

I am by no means toned and I definitely don't have "definition" (abs etc), but I am not into that anyway, I prefer being as I am, I am not into the six-pack look, it just does nothing for me.

I don't go around rubbing it in peoples faces or constantly say/tell people how I can eat what I want etc. I don't boast about it but anytime any convo has come up about weight, size, eating etc and I've said it, I get "the look" or comments.

My former best friend made a remark to me just after my ex and I split, and just as she and her bf became official which really struck me and has kinda stuck with me ever since tbh. It's definitely made me more self conscious and it shouldn't have.

Well that is pretty mean. It is out of jealously but I think they are forgetting that you are a person with feelings if you get me. Can I say I've never given someone 'the look', no I probably can't. I am envious of slim people but I don't try to be nasty with it. It's crazy how obsessed we are with body image these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

People would always comment on how skinny I was. Not a good thing for a fella. Not that I care nowadays but when I was younger it got me really self concious.

Imagine hearing 'my god, aren't you fat!' all the time! Twas awful as a teen .

• Advertisement

FortySeven wrote: »
    People would always comment on how skinny I was. Not a good thing for a fella. Not that I care nowadays but when I was younger it got me really self concious.

Imagine hearing 'my god, aren't you fat!' all the time! Twas awful as a teen .

I still get that, man. :(

Advertisement