Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I mean I'm certified out by doctors I'm getting all the help that I can , I'm doing everything I can to get better and ye already make me ring every Monday with an "update" as if I'm magically going to get better in 1 week !

Hope work goes ok for you , and u get a bit of rest after . Virtual hugs

Is there anyone in work, your boss or someone in HR who you could talk to and tell them that the frequent requests are adding to your ill health instead of helping you.

You Dr might be able to tell you how long they think you should be out for (say 4, 6, 8 weeks or whatever) and if so you can tell work that you do not expect to return until about that time (but maybe longer) and that you need to keep communication to a minimum.

Have you a partner/sibling/friend who you would trust to discuss this with and let them suggest ways of approaching work as I know every situation is different and nuanced. Tell your Dr that works communications are making you uncomfortable, they might have advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Is there anyone in work, your boss or someone in HR who you could talk to and tell them that the frequent requests are adding to your ill health instead of helping you.

You Dr might be able to tell you how long they think you should be out for (say 4, 6, 8 weeks or whatever) and if so you can tell work that you do not expect to return until about that time (but maybe longer) and that you need to keep communication to a minimum.

Have you a partner/sibling/friend who you would trust to discuss this with and let them suggest ways of approaching work as I know every situation is different and nuanced. Tell your Dr that works communications are making you uncomfortable, they might have advice.
    Thanks so much good advise there . I have doctor appointment on Friday so might have a chat with him about it . It definitely doesn't help having to be onto them so much . Don't even feel like leaving the house now today after the letter , but I'm going to make myself do it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Why do work have to keep sending letters for meetings ??? Really does not help the anxiety at all . Was ok this morning then I get the letter and now I'm a wreak

Fcuk work and hr especially, they work for the interest of the company not your wellbeing.

Chat to someone about getting work off your back

Fcuk work and hr especially, they work for the interest of the company not your wellbeing.

Chat to someone about getting work off your back
    Yeah going to put things in motion with gp on Friday to try and get them to back off a bit thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

You guys are really making me feel sh*t but in a good way kinda, like I need to take a step like you guys and just force myself to do things. I slept until 5pm yesterday... well didn't sleep but didn't want to get up if you know what I mean. I really need to stop this crap.

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    You guys are really making me feel sh*t but in a good way kinda, like I need to take a step like you guys and just force myself to do things. I slept until 5pm yesterday... well didn't sleep but didn't want to get up if you know what I mean. I really need to stop this crap.
    Oh I know what you mean , it's so hard to actually get yourself up and out and about . It's all about little goals when your feeling that way . Like just to the shop for milk or something. Don't be so hard on yourself please feeling this way is not easy

Oh I know what you mean , it's so hard to actually get yourself up and out and about . It's all about little goals when your feeling that way . Like just to the shop for milk or something. Don't be so hard on yourself please feeling this way is not easy

Especially when your all on your own or no reason for anything. I'm gonna try get out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BigWheel

Hi All, its been quite a while since I have posted, but I hope someone out there might be able to offer some insight. Have any of you good folks attended the Eden course run by Suicide or Survive? If so what did / do you think ? Thanks in advance, BW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

SMC92Ian wrote: »

That is me all over. I'm wide awake now and that's when my brain starts to go into overdrive. I slept yesterday at about 5am untill about 8am then tried to go back to sleep and forced myself out of the bed about 2pm.

The last few day's i've only had one meal per day, i'm even getting lazy to shower, everything just seems like an effort.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    That is me all over. I'm wide awake now and that's when my brain starts to go into overdrive. I slept yesterday at about 5am untill about 8am then tried to go back to sleep and forced myself out of the bed about 2pm.

The last few day's i've only had one meal per day, i'm even getting lazy to shower, everything just seems like an effort.
    Hope your ok , I find the night is the worst time because my brain goes into overdrive and I start overthinking things , every little thing seems so big and overwhelming in the quiet and the dark . Have you tryed cbt therapy is good for training your brain to make sense of the thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Hope your ok , I find the night is the worst time because my brain goes into overdrive and I start overthinking things , every little thing seems so big and overwhelming in the quiet and the dark . Have you tryed cbt therapy is good for training your brain to make sense of the thought

Yes the night is worse because i have no one to talk to. I need to stop sleeping during the day. My brain just starts overthinking then.
    Yes i have done 12 sessions of CBT and it does help.

I set my alarm for 7am this morning and got up. I needed to go to Doctor to collect my cert and brought my little Nephew with me then took him to the shop for some goodies.
    Small step but got me out of the house for a bit and it's a nice day out too.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Yes the night is worse because i have no one to talk to. I need to stop sleeping during the day. My brain just starts overthinking then.
    Yes i have done 12 sessions of CBT and it does help.

I set my alarm for 7am this morning and got up. I needed to go to Doctor to collect my cert and brought my little Nephew with me then took him to the shop for some goodies.
    Small step but got me out of the house for a bit and it's a nice day out too.
    well done getting out of the house ! It's not easy is it ? I'm here now thinking I must get something for dinner tonight but getting all the negative thoughts stopping me just not as easy as just going , have docs appointment too tomorrow which is stressing me out

Struggling to cope can't see the light at the end of the tunnel

I hope your ok ? We are all here for you if you need to vent it out , sometimes it feels better to type it out what your feeling . Virtual hugs your way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Try not to think of the big picture at this point. Just try to think of anything which might make this evening easier, or tomorrow or this weekend.

Is there anything you could plan which would give you something to look forward to? No matter how small it is.

Even planning something small, such as, (I am going for coffee and a dougnut on Sunday morning) could really help as it could give you a focus which would make from now until then easier.

Could really do with a vent, feel so low it's scary

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Vent away here, we got you.

Vent away we are all here

Thank you for your kind words everyone but I'd rather vent in private

Thank you for your kind words everyone but I'd rather vent in private

Just know we are here you are not alone in this . Pm if you need to

• Advertisement

I went downtown today, stood on the doorstep for a few minutes wanting to go back to bed thinking what's the point going down... but I forced myself the go. The heat was mental today.

At an extreme low at the moment. Jesus this **** is a rollercoaster. A high must be on its way lads and ladies.

I'm feeling low too and so so anxious can't stop the brain . Have docs in the morning making me more anxious. Sleep is going to be hard Tonight

At an extreme low at the moment. Jesus this **** is a rollercoaster. A high must be on its way lads and ladies.

I'm with you on the extreme low, must be something in the air!

I'm feeling low too and so so anxious can't stop the brain . Have docs in the morning making me more anxious. Sleep is going to be hard Tonight

Stay up and chat I won't be sleeping either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've been numb the last fw days, it's interspersed with lows.. Fcuking horrible..

Seems like we all are feeling low . Hopefully we will all get the high at the same time . I just feel like running .... Or screaming ..... Or crying I dunno really

I definitely don't want the high either, i'm a mess then..

And of course my internet is sh*t when I need it

• Advertisement

I just want to smile and mean it. Seems so long since I have

Advertisement