Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I just want to smile and mean it. Seems so long since I have

I know the feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Can't send pm either 🙈

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Can't send pm either 🙈

I sent you one, feel free to vent here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

At an extreme low at the moment. Jesus this **** is a rollercoaster. A high must be on its way lads and ladies.

I always find after a high I get beyond low. Like a guilt comes over or something for been happy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

MOD NOTE: It is discouraged to communicate via pm on this forum, please have a read of the charter for further information

• Advertisement

MOD NOTE: It is discouraged to communicate via pm on this forum, please have a read of the charter for further information

Understood

Sorry didn't know

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anyway, back on topic, anyone else here have another long term condition along with anxiety/depression/whatever you have yourself?. I have pain problems which really do exacerbate my mental health problems

Anyway, back on topic, anyone else here have another long term condition along with anxiety/depression/whatever you have yourself?. I have pain problems which really do exacerbate my mental health problems

I've quite bad psoriasis which dents my confidence

Ouch, had a bad flare of that on my scalp, i was in my teens, i just became a hermit for a long time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I've quite bad psoriasis which dents my confidence

Me too, only started last year. I had one little bit on my leg which cleared up when i went to Thailand and got some sun. Now its practically everywhere. Doctor said it's due to worrying about everything and drinking too much.
    Every pain i get i am thinking the worst, anxiety can cause your brain to feel symptoms of pain that are really non existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I got issues with eczema. I was 15 when I first got it, and didn't know what it was (my parents were always relucant to go to the doctor, unless it was serious-so spent about two or three years trying to find the right cream. Before finally going to the doctor when I was about 17 after it stopped reacting to anything).
    Had mild psoriasis that flared up in my neck with like a red rash that started to flake as well. Haven't had it that bad since-like, literally never. Some times that condition can disappear-I was really stressed when it flared up, so that's what started it I think.
    The eczema is just located on my hands, and that's never gone away. But it's manageable with hand creams and moisturisers.

As far as pains-I often get these flareups in my shoulders and back. Apparently it's 'tension' pains-like, when you're stressed it can cause buildups of pain. I've no back injuries, thankfully-but the pains I get are caused by stress seemingly tightening the muscles. It does help to exercise, but I often think that's sort of like 'punching' your stress out.

I'm also a pain sufferer, hoping to get MRI results today to see if we can work out where it's coming from hip , back or pelvis . My therapist and my physiotherapist both think that my head doesn't help my physical and my physical doesn't help my head it's a vicious circle really .
    And I'm feeling so guilty the last few days on my Hubby he's working so hard and under so much pressure because I'm not able for work . The guilt is killing me because it my fault he's like that

Oh i hope the MRI results can reveal something for you Skybird. It is a terrible circle of pain - depression - anxiety related muscle tension - further pain..

Oh i hope the MRI results can reveal something for you Skybird. It is a terrible circle of pain - depression - anxiety related muscle tension - further pain..

Results not in yet 😡 But got new meds so will try them
    How is everyone today ?

Results not in yet 😡 But got new meds so will try them
    How is everyone today ?

On the couch after taking a valium, getting some sun on my skin at least!

Work is absolutely brutal. 4 hours left. Looking forward to the weekend. I've decided that the wife, the nipper (if 8 can be still described as a nipper) and I are going to have a great time.

Work is absolutely brutal. 4 hours left. Looking forward to the weekend. I've decided that the wife, the nipper (if 8 can be still described as a nipper) and I are going to have a great time.

That's exactly what we said this morning, let's try and have a nice weekend together the 3 of us or as we say the 3 amigos! Mabey a spin out to the seaside and lunch somewhere

That's exactly what we said this morning, let's try and have a nice weekend together the 3 of us or as we say the 3 amigos! Mabey a spin out to the seaside and lunch somewhere

haha. mad. Thats our plan exactly... and exactly what we call ourselves.

........ I hope you aren't my wife on a username I don't recognise. That'd be awkward :)

haha. mad. Thats our plan exactly... and exactly what we call ourselves.

........ I hope you aren't my wife on a username I don't recognise. That'd be awkward :)
    Think ur safe our nipper is way younger than 8 .... Funny tho made me smile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    That is me all over. I'm wide awake now and that's when my brain starts to go into overdrive. I slept yesterday at about 5am untill about 8am then tried to go back to sleep and forced myself out of the bed about 2pm.

The last few day's i've only had one meal per day, i'm even getting lazy to shower, everything just seems like an effort.

reminds me of something a dear old lady I knew used to say... "There are always two men in my room; arthur itis and will power.

Now I aim to get out of bed ( I have M.E and associated immobility issues) and just walk round a while.every hour or so. and eat a little then too. Get into better habits is all and you will feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Graces7 wrote: »
    reminds me of something a dear old lady I knew used to say... "There are always two men in my room; arthur itis and will power.

Now I aim to get out of bed ( I have M.E and associated immobility issues) and just walk round a while.every hour or so. and eat a little then too. Get into better habits is all and you will feel better

Hi, hope your ok. It's just the lack of motivation i have sometimes. What really annoys me is that there are many people out there that would love to be able to get out of bed and go for a walk or go to work but cannot due to Physical conditions and here is me that just overthinks and sleeps much but is perfectly capable of moving about.

I know will power is a big thing. I got up about 12pm today(I never used to sleep this late) and just went out the back garden to see my dogs. Then i had a big bowl of chicken soup. Will shower now and then hopefully eat some more food and try to relax and watch a funny movie later.

My motivation for today is not to get back into bed, I plan to get up normal time tomorrow and cut my grass. Nothing major but a small step in the right direction.

Will shower now and then hopefully eat some more food and try to relax and watch a funny movie later.

If you can find a film called McGruber, I recommend it. Purile, silly humour. Always gives me a giggle when I'm feeling down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi, hope your ok. It's just the lack of motivation i have sometimes. What really annoys me is that there are many people out there that would love to be able to get out of bed and go for a walk or go to work but cannot due to Physical conditions and here is me that just overthinks and sleeps much but is perfectly capable of moving about.

I know will power is a big thing. I got up about 12pm today(I never used to sleep this late) and just went out the back garden to see my dogs. Then i had a big bowl of chicken soup. Will shower now and then hopefully eat some more food and try to relax and watch a funny movie later.

My motivation for today is not to get back into bed, I plan to get up normal time tomorrow and cut my grass. Nothing major but a small step in the right direction.

sounds promising. I am as fine as i will ever be.. I as many here know was misdiagnosed decades with mental illness when really I have CFS/ME to a disabling degree. When I was first diagnosed properly I stayed abed too much and learned th e hard way that bed rest mimics/increases symptoms both physical and mental. So every hour I would " do a round".. Bathroom, fill water jug/make a drink/eat etc, then outside to check the livestock I had then, check for eggs.. Just to get and keep the circulation going and prevent greater weariness. Worked then and works now.
    Just now age is adding a factor and a new disease so am going back to that routine. Takes more grit and gumption this time round though... ah well..
    NB take it slowly? I was always far too good at th e"run and flop" syndrome..

Not having a great day today, spent mostly lying in bed asleep

Not having a great day today, spent mostly lying in bed asleep

Take the bonus that you can sleep, it isn't always the way.
    If there was something to do today it can probably wait, mind you until you can stand up again.

Take the bonus that you can sleep, it isn't always the way.
    If there was something to do today it can probably wait, mind you until you can stand up again.

I wish I could sleep permanently

I wish I could sleep permanently

Same, I've had this big couch once and I resisted going to it, when I did I wallowed and wanted to never arise again.

Same, I've had this big couch once and I resisted going to it, when I did I wallowed and wanted to never arise again.

Doesn't help when it's a comfy couch!

• Advertisement

Doesn't help when it's a comfy couch!

I think I could make anything comfortable if it was up against something else I had to do.. I'm on my way to work right now because it's routine. I'd be long fired otherwise

Advertisement