Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How is everyone doing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Weird kinda day , bit numb or something....can't put my finger on it . Nearly had a meltdown in supervalu earlier was shaking coming out , it was wayyyyy too busy .
    How are ye

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Weird kinda day , bit numb or something....can't put my finger on it . Nearly had a meltdown in supervalu earlier was shaking coming out , it was wayyyyy too busy .
    How are ye

That is hateful, can't stand when shops are busy I prefer to go early morning to avoid it when possible! Doing anything tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Last week really hit me today. I had been really not letting it get to me but today it got to me. Anyway, nothing I can do about it but try to move on, so tomorrow is hopefully a new day.

TG1 wrote: »
    Last week really hit me today. I had been really not letting it get to me but today it got to me. Anyway, nothing I can do about it but try to move on, so tomorrow is hopefully a new day.

I prescribe a good night's sleep! Not forgetting the clocks go forward an hour tonight

• Advertisement

That is hateful, can't stand when shops are busy I prefer to go early morning to avoid it when possible! Doing anything tonight?

Nah little bird asleep now so just trying to chill now for the night , what about u

TG1 wrote: »

Hope your ok . Sounds like a tough week for you

Nah little bird asleep now so just trying to chill now for the night , what about u

Heading to bed as we speak, I've had enough of today!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At work, rough kinda day so sometimes this suits me..

At work, rough kinda day so sometimes this suits me..

Hope ur ok grem and work goes ok for u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Strange day for me. Again slept at about 4am and got up about 8.30am. I made eggs and rashers for breakfast(something i usually skip).

Decided to have a nap about 4.30pm, i heard my Sister call to my home with her 3 kids but i didn't even go down to see them. Only got out of bed at 9pm.

It's strange how it can change so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Strange day for me. Again slept at about 4am and got up about 8.30am. I made eggs and rashers for breakfast(something i usually skip).

Decided to have a nap about 4.30pm, i heard my Sister call to my home with her 3 kids but i didn't even go down to see them. Only got out of bed at 9pm.

It's strange how it can change so quick.

I couldn't sleep all night, finally fell asleep after 9am, didn't get up until 5pm... **** sake, day gone but not like I had plans... think I'll just stay up until 9pm tomorrow now to sort my sleeping pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

I struggle with generalized anxiety and I’m wondering if anyone in here has similar symptoms. Feeling a bit isolated with my experience

Every morning I wake up with negative thoughts, things are difficult until at least 10am. my mind is always racing - can be good or bad. I’m always playing out scenarios in my head (good and bad) and mentally rehearsing conversations. My inner voice basically never shuts up and tell me negative things about me, my body and what people think of me.

I am coping - I do lots for myself . But it can be exhausting and a bad week can really affect me to a point where I’m in a really bad place.

I’ve turned to spirituality a lot recently because some days it’s easier to have some beyond what I’m dealing with to believe in.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine.

Im completely empty. I am certain tomorrow will be different. Im sick of being angry at myself. My wife deserves better, my daughter deserves better and I deserve better. I will allow myself to wallow tonight. Tomorrow I grab life by the balls. We can do this guys.

Hi,

I struggle with generalized anxiety and I’m wondering if anyone in here has similar symptoms. Feeling a bit isolated with my experience

Every morning I wake up with negative thoughts, things are difficult until at least 10am. my mind is always racing - can be good or bad. I’m always playing out scenarios in my head (good and bad) and mentally rehearsing conversations. My inner voice basically never shuts up and tell me negative things about me, my body and what people think of me.

I am coping - I do lots for myself . But it can be exhausting and a bad week can really affect me to a point where I’m in a really bad place.

I’ve turned to spirituality a lot recently because some days it’s easier to have some beyond what I’m dealing with to believe in.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine.

Yes. My brain is always thinking good and bad things and playing out scenarios in my head all the time. Sometimes it's like living in a dream world.

Im completely empty. I am certain tomorrow will be different. Im sick of being angry at myself. My wife deserves better, my daughter deserves better and I deserve better. I will allow myself to wallow tonight. Tomorrow I grab life by the balls. We can do this guys.

This is getting so hard. Let's hope we'll all get through this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey hope you're ok Dunne

Im struggling tonight guys. Don't quite know why im announcing it. Sorry

Some nights are bad, but i'm glad you felt you could say so here

Hope your ok today dunne, I feel the same way all the time . My husband deserves better and my baby too the guilt I carry around is huge . But today is another day and the 3 amigos will have a nice day together

• Advertisement

Should be feeling happy today as my football team Celtic are playing within the next hour, have my Godson here with me too.
    It's Mother's Day and i couldn't even get my Mother a present as my Illness Benefit wasn't paid to me.

Feeling low but my Mother understands. Just makes the brain think more and more.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Should be feeling happy today as my football team Celtic are playing within the next hour, have my Godson here with me too.
    It's Mother's Day and i couldn't even get my Mother a present as my Illness Benefit wasn't paid to me.

Feeling low but my Mother understands. Just makes the brain think more and more.

I was having lots of trouble with mine too , if your on Twitter send them a message on that and they will ring you back so your not waiting on hold ringing them yourself

I was having lots of trouble with mine too , if your on Twitter send them a message on that and they will ring you back so your not waiting on hold ringing them yourself

Was just going to mention twitter it's the best way of contacting them

Having a really bad day today, can't get out of bed

Having a really bad day today, can't get out of bed

Hope your ok

Hope your ok

Got out of bed for a bowl of cereal and back in it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Got out of bed for a bowl of cereal and back in it now

I just got up now, didn't sleep until 1pm... what cereal?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I just got up now, didn't sleep until 1pm... what cereal?

Aldi knock off of krave!

I love a bowl of porridge, comforting. Of course i can never find the energy to make it when i need it.. I effing hate how my mind works (or doesn't) at times.

• Advertisement

Just having tea and bourbon creams, can't actually believe I had a good day ! First Mother's Day and got spoiled then actually put on makeup and went for a lovely spin . It's sad that a good day is such unusual thing ...... But I'm staying in my bubble of today

Advertisement