Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Hope everyone got through the day relatively ok.

Ive spent it feeling on the verge of a panic attack without actually having one if that makes sense? All the usual techniques I try and use when in a full blown attack are not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

TG1 wrote: »
    Hope everyone got through the day relatively ok.

Ive spent it feeling on the verge of a panic attack without actually having one if that makes sense? All the usual techniques I try and use when in a full blown attack are not working.
    Hope your ok tg1 ? Getting ready to go into me therapy now , sweating buckets and numb hands and feet . Then straight into physio after ....... I know I will feel better after its just so hard to go in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I love a bowl of porridge, comforting. Of course i can never find the energy to make it when i need it.. I effing hate how my mind works (or doesn't) at times.

jug, handful of oats, tap water, microwave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Not even really sure where my heads at today. Insanely irritable, tired, weepy at ramdom moments... went for a walk and went into town earlier but hoping I just need a day feeling sorry for myself. Will do a bit of yoga tonight and my mam has promised me a game if scrabble... not sure where I would be without her to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

TG1 wrote: »
    Not even really sure where my heads at today. Insanely irritable, tired, weepy at ramdom moments... went for a walk and went into town earlier but hoping I just need a day feeling sorry for myself. Will do a bit of yoga tonight and my mam has promised me a game if scrabble... not sure where I would be without her to be honest.

It's great you've got that support!

• Advertisement

Im really sorry if anyone saw my message this morning before I deleted it. If anyone did and was upset please accept my unreserved apologies

Im really sorry if anyone saw my message this morning before I deleted it. If anyone did and was upset please accept my unreserved apologies

Didn't see it but hope your ok dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Strange day for me today. Yesterday i decided to have a nap at about 4pm but didn't get up untill 10pm and i've been up since, That's 20 hours i've been awake not feeling tires at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Strange day for me today. Yesterday i decided to have a nap at about 4pm but didn't get up untill 10pm and i've been up since, That's 20 hours i've been awake not feeling tires at all.

It's going to hit you like a train at some point.

Hopefully you get a really good deep sleep tonight. Try not to nap if it comes on you before you are ready to go to bed for the night.

It's going to hit you like a train at some point.

Hopefully you get a really good deep sleep tonight. Try not to nap if it comes on you before you are ready to go to bed for the night.

Oh i know, i've been travelling many times for nearly a full day with just the odd 5 minute sleep on the plane and didn't feel too bad. Will have a shower soon then dinner and plan and trying to stay up untill 11 or 12.

• Advertisement

Oh i know, i've been travelling many times for nearly a full day with just the odd 5 minute sleep on the plane and didn't feel too bad. Will have a shower soon then dinner and plan and trying to stay up untill 11 or 12.

Any joy with illness benefit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Today I’ve just had to let go of trying to control how I feel. I’m hoping if I relax and read I’ll feel better tomorrow.

My mind has been on a loop of negativity all day. It’s exhausting like.

My life is fine. I am lucky in some ways but you can really fool yourself into thinking other ways somedays and it just comes on out of nowhere

Any joy with illness benefit?

No, they were supposed to contact me today but they never did. Its frustrating have to constantly check your bank to see if it has gone in.

No, they were supposed to contact me today but they never did. Its frustrating have to constantly check your bank to see if it has gone in.

I'd get on twitter again to them keep the pressure on, it's a joke

How are we all doing tonight?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've been moderately stressed for a few weeks but it's totally overwhelmed me the last few days..

I've been moderately stressed for a few weeks but it's totally overwhelmed me the last few days..
    Aw hope your ok grem , feel really stressed out too tonight wondering what way my future is going to go ....

How are we all doing tonight?

How are you ?

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    How are you ?

I'm getting by, 6 month off work and no end in sight. Meeting up with the psychiatric nurse tomorrow

I'm getting by, 6 month off work and no end in sight. Meeting up with the psychiatric nurse tomorrow

I have no end in sight either ....... I wonder sometimes what way things will turn out . Hope tomorrow goes well for u

• Advertisement

How is everyone this morning?

How is everyone this morning?

Went to bed at 10pm. Woke at 4.30am and been up since. And that's after 20 hours without sleeping the day before.

Going to try eat something now.

Not too good to be honest , have work meeting today for update on my absence always makes me so so anxious, you have the nurse today have you ? ..... Good luck . How are u feeling ??

Not too good to be honest , have work meeting today for update on my absence always makes me so so anxious, you have the nurse today have you ? ..... Good luck . How are u feeling ??

Nurse had to cancel last minute - reschedule for next week. How did your work meeting go?

Feeling rather lonely today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I know that feeling well, I hope you're ok. Sorry I don't really have any advice to deal with it, I guess trying to distract yourself with something helps a little bit.

I get that too. Today was different. I made a big fry up this morning, went over to the shop for some groceries, baby sat my sisters 5 month old child, cleaned the house and already have the dinner cooked.

I cannot believe i have done so much. This was the old me. Keeping active. I hope things improve for everyone.

Nurse had to cancel last minute - reschedule for next week. How did your work meeting go?

Same ol meeting really , just causes so much anxiety like . Just hate going down there . How are u now ?

I get that too. Today was different. I made a big fry up this morning, went over to the shop for some groceries, baby sat my sisters 5 month old child, cleaned the house and already have the dinner cooked.

I cannot believe i have done so much. This was the old me. Keeping active. I hope things improve for everyone.

Wow well done . That a really good day !! Sounds slot like the way I used to be too

• Advertisement

Same ol meeting really , just causes so much anxiety like . Just hate going down there . How are u now ?

Still lonely, I wait all day for the missus to come home. In class now for accounting exams a strong latte is required!

Advertisement