Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Still lonely, I wait all day for the missus to come home. In class now for accounting exams a strong latte is required!

I find coffee makes me more anxious. I cannot remember the last time i had one. Maybe just me. Just polished off a nice cup of tea and a load of eclairs after dinner. I think being active has somewhat made my appetite come back.
    I just hope i can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'm the same, its one coffee in the morning and decaf for the day otherwise anxiety goes into overdrive. Sometimes I even resort to camomile tea these days!!

I know we are told to take baby steps but i think i took a giant leap. Just back from a brisk walk with my dogs. Just felt motivated to do it and had energy. For me not eating right or at all just left me feeling lethargic so at least i know i need to try eat more to feel the way i felt today. No nap time today either so a productive day all round. Just have to try and focus on how well i done today for when i might start feeling down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I know we are told to take baby steps but i think i took a giant leap. Just back from a brisk walk with my dogs. Just felt motivated to do it and had energy. For me not eating right or at all just left me feeling lethargic so at least i know i need to try eat more to feel the way i felt today. No nap time today either so a productive day all round. Just have to try and focus on how well i done today for when i might start feeling down again.

You did really well today ! Sounds like a lovely day . And you would feel so much better about yourself after a good day .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Good morning all, hope you slept well!

• Advertisement

Morning ! Not too bad on the sleep last night but feel exausted this morning, how are u

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Morning ! Not too bad on the sleep last night but feel exausted this morning, how are u

I'm OK thanks for asking, just waiting to go into counselling now

I woke about 4.30am, put netflix on and went back to sleep about 8am and woke about 11.30am.
    Feeling not too bad. Will have lunch(missed breakfast) then i will clean more of my home and make a nice dinner for later.

Last night my ex called me and i stupidly answered. My mood was the best it has been in a long time untill i spoke to her and it just went down.
    Never met such a cold hearted person in my life, i know she has problems but hides them, sometimes i feel sorry for her but for someone who treated her so good i just feel cheated.

My family and friends always tell me to just delete her from my life, yes it's hard but i have come to the conclusion now that they are right and it is not helping me at all. She just never understood that my mood was low but never tried to help it at all which frustrated me because if it was the other way around i would offer so much support and help.

Time to move on.

I'm OK thanks for asking, just waiting to go into counselling now

Good luck with it hope it goes ok nearly had a meltdown in the supermarket again !!!! God I need to get a grip of myself . Had to wipe away the tears and force myself to keep going . I get so disappointed in myself when I'm like this .........

I woke about 4.30am, put netflix on and went back to sleep about 8am and woke about 11.30am.
    Feeling not too bad. Will have lunch(missed breakfast) then i will clean more of my home and make a nice dinner for later.

Last night my ex called me and i stupidly answered. My mood was the best it has been in a long time untill i spoke to her and it just went down.
    Never met such a cold hearted person in my life, i know she has problems but hides them, sometimes i feel sorry for her but for someone who treated her so good i just feel cheated.

My family and friends always tell me to just delete her from my life, yes it's hard but i have come to the conclusion now that they are right and it is not helping me at all. She just never understood that my mood was low but never tried to help it at all which frustrated me because if it was the other way around i would offer so much support and help.

Time to move on.
    Sounds like your such a nice person and deserve to be happy and treated better than she did . Hope the rest of the day goes good

• Advertisement

Have to go to an office building that my previous employer has offices in tomorrow. I know I wont run into my manager, they are in a different building but im already shaking at the though.

I haven't made it out of bed. Really thought I was losing my mind last night. The wife will be home from cork in a few hours. I need to snap out of it. I don't want her seeing me like this

I haven't made it out of bed. Really thought I was losing my mind last night. The wife will be home from cork in a few hours. I need to snap out of it. I don't want her seeing me like this

Hope your ok dunne it's not easy some days to hide it from our loved ones . I'm a great one for putting on "the face"

Don't worry about a day or two in bed, my therapist says to have a cheat day once a week where you spend in bed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Don't worry about a day or two in bed, my therapist says to have a cheat day once a week where you spend in bed

That is me today, just needed to hit stop for a day and relax with my partner. It's great.

I know this is always going to be a rollercoaster, but I'm really hopeful between my gp and psychologist we have hit on a winning formula. I feel really ok at the moment despite all that is going on so I'm feeling very positive that the combination of meds, life changes and therapy might really be starting a good chapter in my life.

TG1 wrote: »
    I know this is always going to be a rollercoaster, but I'm really hopeful between my gp and psychologist we have hit on a winning formula. I feel really ok at the moment despite all that is going on so I'm feeling very positive that the combination of meds, life changes and therapy might really be starting a good chapter in my life.

That's great tg1 , it's nice to read that things do get better :) I'm hoping new meds with built in painkillers will help me . Great to hear your feeling good

First time i've had a good normal sleep in a long time. Went to bed about 11pm and got up at 7am. Went to my local Centra a while ago and got some breakfast and i am now minding a 6 month old and a 3 year old so being kept busy.

Just feel like i have some energy back again like old times.
    I've to see a psychiatrist on Tuesday morning, my job organised it but i am pretty sure it's to do with my income protection so i am worrying i will not get it. Being waiting a while now so the financial strain of living on illness benefit isn't helping me.

If i am approved i am going to book a relaxing holiday in the sun to try and cheer myself up, my CBT counselor thought that would be a good idea too. Hopefully i get good news that will help me feel a bit more relaxed.

First time i've had a good normal sleep in a long time. Went to bed about 11pm and got up at 7am. Went to my local Centra a while ago and got some breakfast and i am now minding a 6 month old and a 3 year old so being kept busy.

Just feel like i have some energy back again like old times.
    I've to see a psychiatrist on Tuesday morning, my job organised it but i am pretty sure it's to do with my income protection so i am worrying i will not get it. Being waiting a while now so the financial strain of living on illness benefit isn't helping me.

If i am approved i am going to book a relaxing holiday in the sun to try and cheer myself up, my CBT counselor thought that would be a good idea too. Hopefully i get good news that will help me feel a bit more relaxed.
    That's great you feel good , this tread is v positive today :) a holiday sounds like a great idea !!

That's great tg1 , it's nice to read that things do get better :) I'm hoping new meds with built in painkillers will help me . Great to hear your feeling good

Things do, they really do. Had a gp appointment today and was told he doesn't want to see me agin for a couple of months and next time he sees me we will hopefully be in a place to look at reducing the meds.

Hes a firm believer in yoga, and I've started it in the last while and can see why. Its brilliant for headspace, breath control, reflection and is a surprisingly good workout! Its just something I thought I'd mention as I think it has really helped me.

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »
    Things do, they really do. Had a gp appointment today and was told he doesn't want to see me agin for a couple of months and next time he sees me we will hopefully be in a place to look at reducing the meds.

Hes a firm believer in yoga, and I've started it in the last while and can see why. Its brilliant for headspace, breath control, reflection and is a surprisingly good workout! Its just something I thought I'd mention as I think it has really helped me.
    That great tg1 , your so going in the right direction . Would love to try yoga but unfortunately having lots of physical issues too so can't do anything like that yet .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 Pinkerton

Does anyone have any experience with lexapro to combat depression and anxiety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Pinkerton wrote: »

Yes. Spent a significant amount of time on it.

Most significant thing I'd say about it was the withdrawal symptoms if even missing one days dose were quite difficult for me but that is not to say that everyone would have the same experience.

I was on other meds over the same period as well so cannot say if it alone was responsible for everything. It was the medication I spent the longest period on.

How are we all today?miserable day outside

How are we all today?miserable day outside

Had a GP appointment this morning(more related to my Psoriasis) . Have to get bloods done next week. Absolutely terrified. Not of the tests but of the results but i know it has to be done.
    I just wish they could just test then let me wait in reception for the results. I don't like waiting as it will just make me more anxious.
    I've always sort of been a hypochondriac.

One of my best friends asked me to go for a beer later with him and some other friends, i want to go but i'm still unsure. Even just 2 hours out for a chat might help me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Had a GP appointment this morning(more related to my Psoriasis) . Have to get bloods done next week. Absolutely terrified. Not of the tests but of the results but i know it has to be done.
    I just wish they could just test then let me wait in reception for the results. I don't like waiting as it will just make me more anxious.

One of my best friends asked me to go for a beer later with him and some other friends, i want to go but i'm still unsure. Even just 2 hours out for a chat might help me.

Really hope you go. Try to keep busy, housework or shopping maybe until it is time to go and then just do it and relax.*

Many people are the same when thinking about blood results. Something which someone told me they do is to tell themselves the results won't be back for 3 months (even though it'll only be a week) and that that helps them to forget about it rather than agonising over them.

*(I know it is difficult, but I really think you would benefit)

Go for the beer! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭lurker2000

Pinkerton wrote: »
    Have a friend who was on it for Depression - it caused her no side effects and according to her she abruptly stopped it with no problems. From what I've read, this is never advisable. I know someone else who changed to it recently for Anxiety due to a first medication causing insomnia. They are just settling in to the second week (first on 5mg and second on 10mg) . First reports are that sleep is better but not every night. Also some raised anxiety in the second week.

Go for the beer !! Have one for me please :):)

• Advertisement

Go for the beer !! Have one for me please :):)

I'm going, just a few quiet pints of the black stuff. Just went pharmacy to collect meds, nearly €20 and that's with medical card. One of them was not on the list. That's a few pints taken off the list :pac:

No more drink after this as i want a true result on my bloods next week. I have been struggling with drink to combat depression and anxiety but in reality it's just making things worse.

Advertisement