Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I'm going, just a few quiet pints of the black stuff. Just went pharmacy to collect meds, nearly €20 and that's with medical card. One of them was not on the list. That's a few pints taken off the list :pac:

No more drink after this as i want a true result on my bloods next week. I have been struggling with drink to combat depression and anxiety but in reality it's just making things worse.

No harm in a pint or two, have a bit of a chat and some craic, have a pint for me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Out now for a few and a game of pool. Good to get out and relax. Home later for some food and a movie. Feeling good ðŸ˜

Have to say I'm feeling good today too, lithium might finally be kicking in. Feeling more positive and looking towards the future. Sending positive vibes to everyone who might need them today

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

I'm neither here nor there today just a very flat day

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I'm neither here nor there today just a very flat day

Hope you have a nice Friday evening at least

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back to work then annual leave next week.. I'm glad about rest but I get anxious easily when I'm not in a structure or routine

Hope you have a nice Friday evening at least

Ah thanks you too ! Anyone doing anything exciting for the weekend??

Back to work then annual leave next week.. I'm glad about rest but I get anxious easily when I'm not in a structure or routine

I'm like that too right down to small things abd u get so bothered if I'm not in my routine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Annual leave next week too 🙂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

petes wrote: »
    Annual leave next week too 🙂

Nice one, we'll try and not fester on the couch, deal?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Nice one, we'll try and not fester on the couch, deal?.

Deal, although my relaxing is annoying myself playing the ps4, let's me get lost for a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'm the same, everyone is saying to me to enjoy the break while I look for another job, but I prefer to have a plan each day, even if the plan is just go to work, come home, eat, sleep, repeat!

petes wrote: »
    Deal, although my relaxing is annoying myself playing the ps4, let's me get lost for a bit :)

Aye but try get out a little bit too. Or loud tunes and cleaning, I'm so tired but I'm going to try.

TG1 wrote: »
    I'm the same, everyone is saying to me to enjoy the break while I look for another job, but I prefer to have a plan each day, even if the plan is just go to work, come home, eat, sleep, repeat!

Same, very much so.. I can't rely on making my own structure so work or appointments are things I need in my life

petes wrote:
    Deal, although my relaxing is annoying myself playing the ps4, let's me get lost for a bit

My username is the same as my psn name if you are stuck :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

After feeling good for along time feeling terrible. Worst i have ever been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Down the rabbit hole i go... i had been good for so long

Crap night. Got off to a bad start before i even got to work.. Let myself get very riled up and upset. Argh..

It must have been one of those nights I had a bad night too , hope everyone ok this morn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This might sound like a stupid thing to say , but in the week or two before a full moon , I find my son's mood can dip massively . Extreme lows and worsening feelings of worthlessness .

I hope things ease a little for you all soon .

• Advertisement

Another bloody day wasted in bed :(

How's everyone doing this evening?

It's not wasted if you needed it One More Toy.

I'm in work now. Must take meds, i get very 'forgetful' about them when i'm a bit self destructive

It's not wasted if you needed it One More Toy.

I'm in work now. Must take meds, i get very 'forgetful' about them when i'm a bit self destructive

Yes very important to take them same time each day, doesn't help if you work nights I suppose you can't just say 'I'll take them at bed time'

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    This might sound like a stupid thing to say , but in the week or two before a full moon , I find my son's mood can dip massively . Extreme lows and worsening feelings of worthlessness .

I hope things ease a little for you all soon .
    Not stupid at all I def think it can effect you and make u feel more low

How's everyone doing this evening?

How are you ? I'm just bla , feel like I can't do anything right these days like I'm just a nuisance to everyone

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    How are you ? I'm just bla , feel like I can't do anything right these days like I'm just a nuisance to everyone

I know the feeling! I slept all day so will hardly sleep tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Anyone any tips for public speaking anxiety? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I know the feeling! I slept all day so will hardly sleep tonight

Night time is the worst. I woke about 8am. Then i had a nap from about 3 pm until 6pm. Ordered McDonalds as my Nephew is staying with me. Now wide awake and that's when my brain starts going into overdrive. I have Valium and Xanax but i really don't want to take them. It's just like going through a storm, but as the song goes, at the end of a storm there's a golden sky.

I turned on my FB and seen my ex send messages and calls. In the space of just 2 hours i had 111 missed calls and texts. Brain into overdrive again. I know i should just let her go, everyone tells me that but it's hard. But deep inside i know they are right as she is not good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

ozzy78 wrote: »
    Anyone any tips for public speaking anxiety? Thanks

toast masters is good practice or else speak to your doc about potentially getting a beta blocker - they slow down physical symptoms associated with the type of anxiety people have when speaking in front of large groups, so that you don't have a racing heartbeat and so on, can be extremely effective and also non-drowsy with no real side effects so they are commonly used in such scenarios.

Advertisement