Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Night time is the worst. I woke about 8am. Then i had a nap from about 3 pm until 6pm. Ordered McDonalds as my Nephew is staying with me. Now wide awake and that's when my brain starts going into overdrive. I have Valium and Xanax but i really don't want to take them. It's just like going through a storm, but as the song goes, at the end of a storm there's a golden sky.

I turned on my FB and seen my ex send messages and calls. In the space of just 2 hours i had 111 missed calls and texts. Brain into overdrive again. I know i should just let her go, everyone tells me that but it's hard. But deep inside i know they are right as she is not good enough for me.

If she is that toxic you should block her on FB.

111 missed calls!! Will do you more harm that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Night time is the worst. I woke about 8am. Then i had a nap from about 3 pm until 6pm. Ordered McDonalds as my Nephew is staying with me. Now wide awake and that's when my brain starts going into overdrive. I have Valium and Xanax but i really don't want to take them. It's just like going through a storm, but as the song goes, at the end of a storm there's a golden sky.

I turned on my FB and seen my ex send messages and calls. In the space of just 2 hours i had 111 missed calls and texts. Brain into overdrive again. I know i should just let her go, everyone tells me that but it's hard. But deep inside i know they are right as she is not good enough for me.
    Ah stop that crazy stuff . No wonder you feel like that . Wouldn't be good for anyone that . I can understand tho how hard it is to just let her go .....: not as easy as that sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Has anyone any advice in relation to crippling morning anxiety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Monoke

What's people's experience with Sertraline Bluefish? I was prescribed 4 weeks worth. I've never taken anything like this before.

Morning are always hard , the whole day is ahead of you and that can be daunting . I break they day up into sections and get through each one in turn trying not to think of the whole thing . It can be hard hope your ok

• Advertisement

I also don't have social media never have but from what I know it can make things worse . Mabey get rid of Facebook for a while ( not easy I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I find i am more anxious in the morning and more relaxed at night. What i find that helps me is get up and have a shower and a cup of tea.
    I do wake in the morning feeling really anxious everyday. Been like that for years and i have no idea why.
    Palpitations , fear e.t.c.

One thing that helps me is that if i can motivate myself i will go for a walk with my dogs in the fresh air. I find it decreases my anxiety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Finally after two years since my last one, I've found a job. Basic money, little over minimum wage but full time hours which is good. Not in my desired field either, but a job is a job at the end of the day. But my mindset's all screwed up. I've been in a low place for the last few weeks, so much so that I asked my doctor to increase my dosage of anti-depressants. Now all I can think is "WTF is the point". Working every week for not even twice what you get from the jobseekers. But it's not the money that I care about. It's more like what's the point in working... just to work? Just to survive?

If you get my point. So many other aspects of my life are, well pretty much dead. Social, relationships, the important things, the small things in life that make life worth living. What's the point in working when there's no joy in your life. The money is irrelevant, even if it was 50k a year. Even then, what's the point when you've nothing or no one else to live for? Maybe if it was a job in the field that I enjoy, IT based stuff, maybe then I could see some little glimmer of light. But even then, with no joy being present, what's the point?

Every day, for so long now, all I have ever thought about is death. And yet I'm not suicidal. Though a part of me wishes I was, but I'm not. A paradox of sorts, wanting to die but not being able to do anything about it. Even with having a job now, without having the other things that makes life worth living... I'm just so tired (mentally). Anyone else ever feel some bit like this?

jaxxx wrote: »
    Finally after two years since my last one, I've found a job. Basic money, little over minimum wage but full time hours which is good. Not in my desired field either, but a job is a job at the end of the day. But my mindset's all screwed up. I've been in a low place for the last few weeks, so much so that I asked my doctor to increase my dosage of anti-depressants. Now all I can think is "WTF is the point". Working every week for not even twice what you get from the jobseekers. But it's not the money that I care about. It's more like what's the point in working... just to work? Just to survive?

If you get my point. So many other aspects of my life are, well pretty much dead. Social, relationships, the important things, the small things in life that make life worth living. What's the point in working when there's no joy in your life. The money is irrelevant, even if it was 50k a year. Even then, what's the point when you've nothing or no one else to live for? Maybe if it was a job in the field that I enjoy, IT based stuff, maybe then I could see some little glimmer of light. But even then, with no joy being present, what's the point?

Every day, for so long now, all I have ever thought about is death. And yet I'm not suicidal. Though a part of me wishes I was, but I'm not. A paradox of sorts, wanting to die but not being able to do anything about it. Even with having a job now, without having the other things that makes life worth living... I'm just so tired (mentally). Anyone else ever feel some bit like this?

Well done on getting the job, i've been out for over one year now but luckily my job is still safe.
    You need to get out and about. I force myself to do it many times. My best friend is calling up to my home soon with his dog, so i will take my 2 dogs and my Nephew out for a walk, just for the fresh air and watch the dogs play. My dogs keep me going, Dog's can play a huge role in anxiety and Depression.

I have never thought of death luckily enough, i would just hurt so many people.

I feel now that i just want to go sleep but i have to kick myself in ars* and go do something positive.

jaxxx wrote: »

Well done on the job regardless!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I find i am more anxious in the morning and more relaxed at night. What i find that helps me is get up and have a shower and a cup of tea.
    I do wake in the morning feeling really anxious everyday. Been like that for years and i have no idea why.
    Palpitations , fear e.t.c.

One thing that helps me is that if i can motivate myself i will go for a walk with my dogs in the fresh air. I find it decreases my anxiety.

I get this as well, not always, but some mornings I’ll wake up and just feel incredibly anxious, palpitations as Bohs mentioned above. Even though I’ve thankfully been good anxiety-wise for the most part for a good while, I do still wake up some mornings with anxiety.

For me, getting out of bed and making a cup of tea and sitting down somewhere helps to bring me out of it, but if I’m particularly bad, sometimes that even isn’t enough. No real advice from myself, just letting you know that someone else has this problem too.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I get this as well, not always, but some mornings I’ll wake up and just feel incredibly anxious, palpitations as Bohs mentioned above. Even though I’ve thankfully been good anxiety-wise for the most part for a good while, I do still wake up some mornings with anxiety.

For me, getting out of bed and making a cup of tea and sitting down somewhere helps to bring me out of it, but if I’m particularly bad, sometimes that even isn’t enough. No real advice from myself, just letting you know that someone else has this problem too.

Might try that tomorrow morning and give it a go

Hope everyone is doing OK this evening, new week fresh start and all that!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My final work day of the week here :o

My final work day of the week here :o

A well deserved rest is in store :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bit anxious about time off, typical me :o

It's hard thinking of another week ahead . Have therapy tomorrow and I always feel nervous and anxious about it . Don't know why mabey cause it's up in the hospital ? Hate going back there . Have another few things this week that I really don't want to have to go to
    Hope everyone is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Newfound non anxious me is being tested, caught a dose at the weekend, so hypochondriac tendencies are kicking in, have an interview Tuesday, so stressing about will I be up to going, but so far I'm holding it together anyway.

Practicing my awareness, writing down the worry thoughts, practicing my breathing as best I can, and trying to keep up the lighter physical activity while the dose runs it's course. Hopefully it all continues to work....

TG1 wrote: »
    Newfound non anxious me is being tested, caught a dose at the weekend, so hypochondriac tendencies are kicking in, have an interview Tuesday, so stressing about will I be up to going, but so far I'm holding it together anyway.

Practicing my awareness, writing down the worry thoughts, practicing my breathing as best I can, and trying to keep up the lighter physical activity while the dose runs it's course. Hopefully it all continues to work....
    Sounds like your doing everything right to keep it under control , you have an awful dose have you ?

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    It's hard thinking of another week ahead . Have therapy tomorrow and I always feel nervous and anxious about it . Don't know why mabey cause it's up in the hospital ? Hate going back there . Have another few things this week that I really don't want to have to go to
    Hope everyone is ok

I'm the same, have first ever appointment with a psychiatrist on Tuesday then Doctor on Thursday for blood tests. My friends Father just passed away and there is a mass in her home tomorrow evening. I feel i should go but it's hard, I won't make the funeral due to my other appointment that i cannot miss.

It was was good to get out today with my friend and our dogs, green area, trees and just so relaxing even though it was cold.

• Advertisement

I'm the same, have first ever appointment with a psychiatrist on Tuesday then Doctor on Thursday for blood tests. My friends Father just passed away and there is a mass in her home tomorrow evening. I feel i should go but it's hard, I won't make the funeral due to my other appointment that i cannot miss.

It was was good to get out today with my friend and our dogs, green area, trees and just so relaxing even though it was cold.
    Oh your poor friend , that's sad . And hard for u to go to I understand completely. I got out for lunch today which was lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Had one of those weird days where a mouse managed to get into my bedroom, and I can hear the damn thing scratching and I've caught him running along the floor too.
    Spent Sunday tired, for the most part-could hear that annoying rodent scratching the floor, and the walls or something. It actually managed to wake me out of my sleep this morning.
    Put down a trap in my room, and also worried about some of my books that I tend to keep on my bedside table. I usually read at night, and I know mice often chew stuff up to make a nest. Worried that critter doesn't chew up some pages to make a nest or something

Kind of wondering how he managed to sneak in. Might have been a door left open or something.

My OCD and anxiety's been crazy today because of it. Hoping that he goes for the trap and the bait in em, cos they are pretty darn good. Oof.

That would drive me nuts Rabble, fair play for dealing with it so rationally, i would have the place lifted out of it!!

Trying to wrap up work things here but second guessing the hell out of myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

That would drive me nuts Rabble, fair play for dealing with it so rationally, i would have the place lifted out of it!!

Trying to wrap up work things here but second guessing the hell out of myself..

I wish I was being rational-haven't even tried to sleep there yet. Had a problem with mice before, as there was construction going on nearby, and I think they migrated to my place.
    Had weeks where there were traps put down almost weekly.

But they were confined to the kitchen and dining room-this guy got into my room.
    Hoping I can sleep there tonight-hope the trap or poison worked.

Does anyone know what i should expect when i have my first visit to a psychiatrist tomorrow morning ? Bearing in mind this is through my job's insurance company for income protection so i am worrying that they might be against me.

It's not professional to be either for or against. There will be no preset judgement on you.

I got a refer for a psych last year, no sign of an appointment though.

Was on 150 mg if sertraline at the time and Xanax.

Off them now but probably need to back on them.

Hope all goes well with everyone fir the week

You'd think getting a new phone a while back it would be better, feel like I've fat fingers half the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Does anyone know what i should expect when i have my first visit to a psychiatrist tomorrow morning ? Bearing in mind this is through my job's insurance company for income protection so i am worrying that they might be against me.

Don't go in to it trying to prove anything. Tell your story as you have lived it.

• Advertisement

Don't go in to it trying to prove anything. Tell your story as you have lived it.

This is very good advise , your not trying to prove yourself . hows everyone this morning ? Just waiting for my therapy now , nerves are gone

Advertisement