Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Something always just comes up. Just got told my uncle passed away a while ago. My Mother's last remaining Brother, she is in bits but i am trying to stay strong for her. It's hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Something always just comes up. Just got told my uncle passed away a while ago. My Mother's last remaining Brother, she is in bits but i am trying to stay strong for her. It's hard.

Oh im so sorry for your loss , that's so hard for you . Hard to stay strong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Very sorry to hear that

How is everyone doing today?

Hey it's a lovely day today so that helps ! Went for a little drive in the car now home trying to relax. My head seems very negative at the moment about myself like I'm not good enough , how are you

• Advertisement

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hey it's a lovely day today so that helps ! Went for a little drive in the car now home trying to relax. My head seems very negative at the moment about myself like I'm not good enough , how are you

I know what you mean, the mind trys to trick you reminding you of every past failure and mistake

I am not too bad despite recent events. I had a talk with my Mother to try comfort her.
    My Uncle only gave his Daughter away for marriage last week so i used that as a positive to let her know that he waited to do that. She is still heartbroken but i am being really strong for her.

I am pretty sure that all the CBT therapy i had is helping me deal with bad situations but also helping others too.

Haven't eaten yet but plan on trying a Tuna salad now with some tea then a shower. Going to force myself to take the dogs out for a walk later too.

I am not too bad despite recent events. I had a talk with my Mother to try comfort her.
    My Uncle only gave his Daughter away for marriage last week so i used that as a positive to let her know that he waited to do that. She is still heartbroken but i am being really strong for her.

I am pretty sure that all the CBT therapy i had is helping me deal with bad situations but also helping others too.

Haven't eaten yet but plan on trying a Tuna salad now with some tea then a shower. Going to force myself to take the dogs out for a walk later too.
    I agree the cbt is helping , you learn great skills to manage situations and difficult times . Hope your ok

Good to hear you're holding it together despite the sudden loss of your uncle

My mind is going crazy today, reminding me of every past failure and mistake, telling me that I'm not good enough

• Advertisement

My mind is going crazy today, reminding me of every past failure and mistake, telling me that I'm not good enough

Look everyone makes mistakes, we are humans, not robots. Whatever happened in the past has happened. Look to the future and don't dwell on past events.
    That's how i am trying to cope with everything.

I have always been a 'what if' man. What if i had done this or that e.t.c.

Now all i want is just to get back to being the old me.

Hope sleep comes easy to all tonight

How's everyone doing today?

:(

How's everyone doing today?

Crap tbh. Had some soup earlier and just had some fish and chips now so at least getting something into me. Have my 11 year old Godson staying with me.

Answered the phone again to the ex today. Some of the stuff she said to me was absolutely horrific. Things you would never say to your worst enemy.

It just got my brain going into overdrive again, all the good things i done for her and her family and she said some really really bad things about me and my family. I won't say on here but i have never had anyone say something so disrespectful to me in my whole life.

I actually messaged her back and said that i wished she would just die , that's not me but that shows how much she angered me.

I get some money soon from insurance and i am using it for my family, people that care much about me.

She has a heart of stone unlike me, i cannot think how someone can say such bad things to me when i did nothing wrong. I done everything right.

Going to make a smoothie now and watch a movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Block, block, block!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Was at the doc today, back on the sertraline and Xanax :)

petes wrote: »
    Block, block, block!

It's done. I cannot fathom how someone can be so evil and say so many bad things to me.
    I could hurt her in so many way's but that's just not in my nature. I won't stoop to her level.

petes wrote: »
    Was at the doc today, back on the sertraline and Xanax :)

I feel like i need a xanax now but just checked and they are out of date. Have Valium but that never seems to work for me like xanax does.

Long weekend ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nadroir

Hi, only found this thread and don't feel so alone now

Wake up at 4 in morning over thinking and getting anxiety attack over what could go wrong in day ahead. Esp re work. I don't have an off switch Then lack of sleep makes it worse. Didn't realise so many like me. Tried the calming music stuff from internet and works. But sometimes the over thinking is too strong. Then end up watching TV all night in bed to distract me. Then I exhausted during day.

• Advertisement

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    :(

Are you OK?

Are you OK?

Yeah just :( seems to describe exactly how I feel today . Increased pain too is not helping the mood I think how are u ?

nadroir wrote: »

Wake up at 4 in morning over thinking and getting anxiety attack over what could go wrong in day ahead. Esp re work. I don't have an off switch Then lack of sleep makes it worse. Didn't realise so many like me. Tried the calming music stuff from internet and works. But sometimes the over thinking is too strong. Then end up watching TV all night in bed to distract me. Then I exhausted during day.
    Hi welcome !!
    Don't ever feel alone we are all here to listen

Hello nice to meet you, have you given thought to maybe seeing your GP?

Hi and welcome.
    You never realise how many people suffer the same because some people hide everything. It's only when you are open and true that you find other people with the same problems.

Try and make an appointment with your GP. You've already made the first step, now it's time to make the next one.

Best wishes.

I know i seem silly but for me going to GP means medication, don't want that route. GP is also a friend thankfully and a blunt one. He so so not into medication too. But gee 50euro a pop to chat lol

I know its weird but having reached out now already helped me. Maybe I have to realize 8hrs sleep not for me now, but need to learn new ways to get around that and stop over thinking. Idle mind etc

Be curious to know others cures ot tricks to distract from over thinking and stopping anxiety

Like gee senior manager comes down for chat, oh he must want to fire me, oh how I pay car loan, how I keep house, I feed myself how how how......... this went on for a week.

then it was guy just wanted to review how getting on in new job, where he felt I weak, where was strong, any ideas to help improve what do in other branches of company.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Got to a point where i dont know if i can continue. I know i can but i don't want to. Bi polar since birth. Found out early but not on tablets. I just worn out by being sick better sick. Anxeity through the roof. It's just awful stuff. Not being able to leave the house its horrible. No wonder people pull the plug i wish i could do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

A bit 'ugghh' these last two days. No idea what caused it, but it's messed me up a bit. I slept in until 2 am yesterday morning, then 1am this morning. I get up, eat some food (have some meals already prepped-just to reheat em). And then stay up until about 7 or 8 am.

It's been all over the place tbh.

Trying to break out of this rut-but also boost my blood sugars and avoid the 'tired like a mucker' feeling I sometimes get during the day.

Was trying to make a hot whiskey to knock me out-but it didn't seem to work last night... oof.

• Advertisement

I know i seem silly but for me going to GP means medication, don't want that route. GP is also a friend thankfully and a blunt one. He so so not into medication too. But gee 50euro a pop to chat lol

I know its weird but having reached out now already helped me. Maybe I have to realize 8hrs sleep not for me now, but need to learn new ways to get around that and stop over thinking. Idle mind etc

Be curious to know others cures ot tricks to distract from over thinking and stopping anxiety

Maybe change your GP. That's what i done and got much better treatment.

Advertisement