Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

SMC92Ian, this probably isn't the most appropriate thread to discuss this. Would suggest using the search function as I think there have been threads about this in other forums (After Hours, Gentleman's Club) that may give you some helpful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Was feeling ok but it just seems like anything i do reminds me of my ex. Music on the TV or radio e.t.c. of songs we listened to together. Watching a movie just now and they enter a country with a big welcome sign which is the same name as her. Couldn't make this stuff up. It's like there is no escaping her but i know i should but simple things just ping the brain into the past.

On the plus side i did eat today and my football team won. I am dreading going to my my uncles funeral tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Eating is good. Regarding tomorrow, all you can do is take it minute by minute and keep taking care of yourself.

Your ex sounds like a right dose, I know it's easy for me to say, but people like that don't deserve the energy you waste stressing about them.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Not really sure where my own heads at. GP and psychologist are delighted with the progress, I feel like I'm in danger of falling down another rabbit hole.

I'm trying to be proactive and keep putting into practice all the self care and strategies I've learned but it just gets a tiny bit harder every day. At least I'm seeing it happen this time I suppose...

TG1 wrote: »
    Eating is good. Regarding tomorrow, all you can do is take it minute by minute and keep taking care of yourself.

Your ex sounds like a right dose, I know it's easy for me to say, but people like that don't deserve the energy you waste stressing about them.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Not really sure where my own heads at. GP and psychologist are delighted with the progress, I feel like I'm in danger of falling down another rabbit hole.

I'm trying to be proactive and keep putting into practice all the self care and strategies I've learned but it just gets a tiny bit harder every day. At least I'm seeing it happen this time I suppose...

Thank you.
    You mentioned Rabbit Hole and it made me chuckle. Me and the ex were in a bar in Vietnam and it was called the Rabbit Hole :D See every little thing just makes my brain think so much.
    I really need to just move on as you say i am wasting energy on someone who was so evil despite me doing everything right.

We will all get there eventually with a bit of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It still daylight.

You 'could' get up, go for 5 minutes of a walk, have a shower and be back in bed in 1 hour if you don't want to do anything else.

Doing either or both of the above could help you break the hold of the bed if you want to do so. It's easy type it, can be harder do it, I know.

amen to this. from someone with a loooooooooong expereince of what staying too long abed does to you.

You get weaker each day. Your body adjusts to being horisontal so when you stand it objects and you think it i s illness...

when I was finally correctly diagnosed with M.E I decided I could stay abed. So I did and three days later thoughtI was going into relapse. NOPE!

Been much abed the last while due a to a real relapse BUT am making myself get up every hou r or so, walk around, make sure my legs are working...smell the roses....

It is NOT EASY.. But yesterday I managed to make scones. Had I caved in and snuggled down?

It is well worth it trust me

and I am heading for 80 at a great rate

Please scuse typos

UP and at it!

• Advertisement

What a miserable day out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

What a horrible day out there the wind is angry and howling . Such a bad day yesterday but today's another day I suppose . How's everyone

Skybirdjb wrote: »
      What a horrible day out there the wind is angry and howling . Such a bad day yesterday but today's another day I suppose . How's everyone

Crap. I don't think i can go the the funeral now. I know i should pay my respects to my Uncle but i just don't have the energy.

EDIT- I am going. I am not letting these thoughts put me down. I am going to pay my respects. Something just kicked me up the ars* and told me to go, maybe my Uncle :)

BohsCeltic wrote: »

Crap. I don't think i can go the the funeral now. I know i should pay my respects to my Uncle but i just don't have the energy.

Oh such a hard day for you I will send you some of my energy ( not that it's much )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Was feeling ok but it just seems like anything i do reminds me of my ex. Music on the TV or radio e.t.c. of songs we listened to together. Watching a movie just now and they enter a country with a big welcome sign which is the same name as her. Couldn't make this stuff up. It's like there is no escaping her but i know i should but simple things just ping the brain into the past.

On the plus side i did eat today and my football team won. I am dreading going to my my uncles funeral tomorrow too.

I know the feeling, my gf was obsessed with Game of Thrones and it's back tonight so that's all I've been seeing, also her name is the name of a wrestler and a main character on another TV Show I used to love... so I know your pain, the brain is awful at reminding you of things when you least expect it.

• Advertisement

Thinking of you today bohs. Never nice to have to say goodbye to a loved one. Hope it goes as ok as you can hope for. Remember, you still need to look after you even though this is all going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Skybirdjb wrote: »

Estivating as the gale is too bad to get out of the door, so me and my five cats are abed.
        Longing for evening when this will ease but the knitting is going well

Graces7 wrote: »
        Estivating as the gale is too bad to get out of the door, so me and my five cats are abed.
        Longing for evening when this will ease but the knitting is going well
        It's just a horrible day , can't get out either . As you said mabey this evening will be better
        What are you knitting ??

I actually find miserable days more uplifting than sunny days.

Starting to feel myself again after a rough couple of days

TG1 wrote: »
        Thinking of you today bohs. Never nice to have to say goodbye to a loved one. Hope it goes as ok as you can hope for. Remember, you still need to look after you even though this is all going on.

Thanks. Well i made the Church. My family are really close, even extended family. I knew i had to be there and i am happy i went. They are all going to a pub for food and drinks but i think that would have been a bit too much for me.

Also my Psoriasis has flared up on my forehead so just making me stress more so i had to wear a hat to hide it.

My Sister gave me a lift out and back. My Brother was with us too but he went back into work. Got me thinking why can i not just be normal like that.

Even my Sister who is kept busy with 3 kids (one with Autism) can still function normally and here's me sort of looking for some sympathy.

I have the house to myself now until later so going to try make some food and maybe clean up a bit, my room is a complete mess which is definitely not helping my mental health.
        I always kept everything neat and tidy but it's just like i don't care anymore.

You are not looking for sympathy. You are dealing with an illness, don't forget that.

My GP put it to me one day when I was refusing a cert like this: would you have expected your sister to go back into work after a flare up of her colitis? No, so why are you expecting it of yourself.

That really hit a point home to me, anxiety, depression etc. They are all illnesses and we have to allow the treatment time to work before we can expect ourselves to be at full throttle again.

Take it easy, you did well today to go. Maybe try and tackle one part of your room today, hang up clothes or wash the cup collection or something.

My house is so bad at the moment but I'm breaking it down. Clothes recycling is project no. 1. Oven cleaning will be no. 2 etc. It's the only way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Was on course for another day in bed, just said fcuk it and got up and did the dishes now making a bite to eat

Thanks. Well i made the Church. My family are really close, even extended family. I knew i had to be there and i am happy i went. They are all going to a pub for food and drinks but i think that would have been a bit too much for me.

Also my Psoriasis has flared up on my forehead so just making me stress more so i had to wear a hat to hide it.

My Sister gave me a lift out and back. My Brother was with us too but he went back into work. Got me thinking why can i not just be normal like that.

Even my Sister who is kept busy with 3 kids (one with Autism) can still function normally and here's me sort of looking for some sympathy.

I have the house to myself now until later so going to try make some food and maybe clean up a bit, my room is a complete mess which is definitely not helping my mental health.
        I always kept everything neat and tidy but it's just like i don't care anymore.

Well done today bohs, fair play on making it out

How's everyone this cold evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

I'm so fed up today, trying so hard to lead a normal life, I recently tried to return to work n started job hunting, I put all my work history on my cv , but can't seem to get a job, I think I may be getting a bad reference from my last employer, I left because of a nervous breakdown, that was in 2016.I haven't worked since but completed 10 weeks of CBT and attending all my doctors appointments and counselling. I don't think any company wants to touch me in case i have another breakdown, any suggestions or is there something I can do to return to employment??? To be fair the last few months were good to me n my confidence is back, I'm sleeping n exercising well, but can't seem to catch a break.

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

candycock wrote: »
        I'm so fed up today, trying so hard to lead a normal life, I recently tried to return to work n started job hunting, I put all my work history on my cv , but can't seem to get a job, I think I may be getting a bad reference from my last employer, I left because of a nervous breakdown, that was in 2016.I haven't worked since but completed 10 weeks of CBT and attending all my doctors appointments and counselling. I don't think any company wants to touch me in case i have another breakdown, any suggestions or is there something I can do to return to employment??? To be fair the last few months were good to me n my confidence is back, I'm sleeping n exercising well, but can't seem to catch a break.

No one has to know the reason why you left the last role. You can say that you were unwell and so left but you do not have to explain specifically.

Have you applied for roles?
        Are you working with a recruitment agent, explain to them that you were out of work for health reasons but now are eager to get a new role.

It is the reality, that the gap in your cv may be a concern to some employers.
        Maybe you could look for short term or contract work which they might be less concerned about such a gap if they need someone for 6 months or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Last month: new job. Yay!
        Now: tearing my hair out cos I hate this new job so much, and would be much happier punching myself repeatedly with brass knuckles until I give myself a concussion.

No one has to know the reason why you left the last role. You can say that you were unwell and so left but you do not have to explain specifically.

Have you applied for roles?
        Are you working with a recruitment agent, explain to them that you were out of work for health reasons but now are eager to get a new role.

It is the reality, that the gap in your cv may be a concern to some employers.
        Maybe you could look for short term or contract work which they might be less concerned about such a gap if they need someone for 6 months or something.

Or even a bit of volunteering to fill the gap in your CV?

How's everyone this cold evening?

Not too bad. Had a good laugh a while ago. My Mother came up and told me that one of my Aunt's thought the funeral was at 10am so she got one of my cousins to bring her.
        They didn't recognise anyone in the church, they were at someone else's funeral as my Uncles wasn't untill 11.30am :D

I am just happy that i went and actually had the confidence to go and speak to everyone to pay my respects.

candycock wrote: »

Just put down that you went travelling or something. When i was made redundant before there was a a gap in employment and i never heard back from most companies. I updated my CV and for the 10 Months i was out i just put down redundancy and travelling.
        I was honest in fairness and got a job really quickly.

Well done for going to the funeral bohs that took a lot of courage ! Not feeling as sad today thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Well I got robbed €220 earlier this evening... just more shhh to pile onto this life... I may have now done something stupid.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
        Well I got robbed €220 earlier this evening... just more shhh to pile onto this life... I may have now done something stupid.

What happened ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Report the crime. You may never get the money back but its important to report crimes when they happen. Mightn't necessarily help you this time but it might help someone from getting robbed in future.

• Advertisement
      • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh bugger, no way to get money back?. Are you ok?.

Advertisement