Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dragged myself to work.. Motivation in the minus numbers, didn't want to get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Dragged myself to work.. Motivation in the minus numbers, didn't want to get out of bed.

Must be so hard to go at this time . Hope the night goes fast for you grem

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm ok with my shifts just struggling withlow mood

I'm ok with my shifts just struggling withlow mood

I'm like that too at the moment very low and struggling to come up out of it . Anxiety is up too keep getting those pains in my chest .

Yeah if it's not anxiety/stress it's mood swings or just being deflated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Yeah if it's not anxiety/stress it's mood swings or just being deflated

Hope you are OK

Ah i'm ok, thanks, just fed up today. Hope you are doing ok..

Is the night shift tough going?

No, work is fine really tbh. It's my head that needs work..

No, work is fine really tbh. It's my head that needs work..

I know the feeling, hope you get a nice lie in tomorrow at least!

• Advertisement

Ah just sorry for myself mostly.. A bit hyper sensitive the last few days so all sorts of things are saddening me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hi Grem, i do shift work also I have noticed lately that I am so 'low' on my first day off..
    Head up, hope you are ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Male, 25 and suffer from anxiety and OCD. Such little support for fellas out there. I don't talk about this stuff with my male friends and any women I know don't seem to care too much if it's a dude struggling. Now Im not talking to them saying 'Im struggling' etc but if I bring up an issue they send back cliche answers. So frustrating. Seriously, thinking of raising more awareness to help young fellas.

Finding it too hard to sleep tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Really regret accepting my new job. I'm actually worse off financially than I was getting jobseekers (hours promised were different to hours receiving). It's a job that I absolutely hate because there is absolutely no sort of mental stimulus whatsoever. I NEED a job that requires some usage of brainpower, this literally involves none. Even if it involved dealing with people, this job literally has ZERO interaction with people. What I wouldn't give to be back in a retail job dealing with customers again. Cannot believe I'm saying this, but I was in a much better place mentally when I was unemployed, despite how bad I was! Sometimes I just want to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

What game did you get?

It was the new Yoshi game, very relaxing and great to keep moods up hopefully.

Also went to the cinema, had one or two anxiety attacks and 1 panic attack during it, ffs. Manage to hide them well though. Used to it.

jaxxx wrote:
    Really regret accepting my new job. I'm actually worse off financially than I was getting jobseekers (hours promised were different to hours receiving). It's a job that I absolutely hate because there is absolutely no sort of mental stimulus whatsoever. I NEED a job that requires some usage of brainpower, this literally involves none. Even if it involved dealing with people, this job literally has ZERO interaction with people. What I wouldn't give to be back in a retail job dealing with customers again. Cannot believe I'm saying this, but I was in a much better place mentally when I was unemployed, despite how bad I was! Sometimes I just want to cry.
    What you do now is quit that job and find a new job in retail.
    No job is worth affecting your mental health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hi and welcome ! How are u today are u enjoying the weather ??

Apart from feeling really warm, I have been yes! How about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Maybe something to make a smile :D
    It always makes me smile and laugh.

Good morning all! Hope you get to enjoy the sunshine

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote:
    Also went to the cinema, had one or two anxiety attacks and 1 panic attack during it, ffs. Manage to hide them well though. Used to it.

What did you see?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

What did you see?

Shazam, it was actually good. Was nice to sit and just try relax for a while as I was wrecked from walking in the heat all day. I'm not a fan of this heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Has anyone heard anything about cutting back on dairy for anxiety? It was suggested to me and I'm giving it a go but can't really find much on Google about it which is unusual.

TG1 wrote:
    Has anyone heard anything about cutting back on dairy for anxiety? It was suggested to me and I'm giving it a go but can't really find much on Google about it which is unusual.

I doubt it has much relevance tbh. But no harm in trying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TG1 wrote: »

If your Dr or Psychiatrist doesn't advocate for it, I wouldn't put any mass in it outside of some placebo effect.

I never heard it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

It was my psychologist who suggested it. It's an interesting one, I just can't find any info on it.

I'm trying to be healthier anyway and an awful lot of my dairy consumption comes from lattes and chocolate anyway so its no biggy but just wondered had anyone else heard of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TG1 wrote: »
    It was my psychologist who suggested it. It's an interesting one, I just can't find any info on it.

I'm trying to be healthier anyway and an awful lot of my dairy consumption comes from lattes and chocolate anyway so its no biggy but just wondered had anyone else heard of it!

Just had a quick google and on one list of 5 foods that are bad for anxiety nothing dairy was listed and on 9 foods that helped anxiety yogurt was one of them.
    But then, we've said before here what Dr Google is like.....

Might be no harm to try it for a bit, maybe ask your psychologist for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Cut back on caffeine. I haven't had a coffee in a long time now.

Had a bloated stomach since Friday and now I've a slight pain in my back when I breathe in which making me worry a little. Hopefully nothing serious.

• Advertisement

Hey dunne how are u today ?
    Lovely sunny day here good for the soul

Advertisement