Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

First good day in about 3 weeks. Family are so important to me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off to work still low and fatigued but my star of a partner made dinner for me.. Little things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Bored at home as usual. Don't have a gf or many close friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I feel your pain. Counting down the minutes until bed time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

What you do now is quit that job and find a new job in retail.
    No job is worth affecting your mental health.

Wish I could. But I don't want to let the people who gave me references down. Does that even make sense? lol

Me neither. Have you any animals? I have a dog, and she brings me so much joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How do people deal with their Anxiety and Depression and relationships?
    If you are dating someone new who you weren't with at the onset of the illness, how do you break it to them and at what point.

Part of me feels like I would only feel comfortable telling someone my history if I felt very strongly about them and trusted them deeply but I also can see how it might be unfair to let them become invested in me before hearing the full story.

It definitely involves some white lies in explaining my extended period of being single which I don't feel comfortable about but I'm not exactly going to unload on a first date either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

If you are dating someone new who you weren't with at the onset of the illness, how do you break it to them and at what point.

Part of me feels like I would only feel comfortable telling someone my history if I felt very strongly about them and trusted them deeply but I also can see how it might be unfair to let them become invested in me before hearing the full story.

It definitely involves some white lies in explaining my extended period of being single which I don't feel comfortable about but I'm not exactly going to unload on a first date either.

Some times it helps being upfront... other times that's when they lose interest.

I personally decided 'yeah, relationships not for me-too much anxiety' so I've kind a opted out at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Some times it helps being upfront... other times that's when they lose interest.

I personally decided 'yeah, relationships not for me-too much anxiety' so I've kind a opted out at this point.

I've learned people are mostly selfish and horrible. They say they care but at the end of the day it's them that is all they care about. I've had people claim I'm their world and the first sign of a bit of struggle they're right out the door like those years didn't matter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've only met the one person and it happened because of our regular appointments at outpatients, we just got chatting, she has her health problems and i have mine, it makes us more understanding of each other. Purely accidental and hardly ideal for a lot of folk but we work..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I've learned people are mostly selfish and horrible. They say they care but at the end of the day it's them that is all they care about. I've had people claim I'm their world and the first sign of a bit of struggle they're right out the door like those years didn't matter.

Oh completely-folks turn on ya, you lose contact... folks dump all their problems on ya..

I had someone turn on me when she got dumped and thought I'd step in and ask her out.

I wasn't interested.

• Advertisement

Good morning all, such awful nightmares last night again, woke me up in a panic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'd probably do what I generally do when it comes to disclosing CF too, I think that the first date is a bit too soon and can be a bit off-putting but I'd also want to know early enough if it was going to be a problem so I'd wait for a few dates, maybe 3 or 4, so you know you like the person and they like you but you aren't heavily invested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Woke at 3am, slept again about 5 untill 11am.

Spoke with my ex again but it wasn't too bad. With my psoriasis now it's hard to go out and meet a new girl so maybe i could be stuck with her. My family and friends don't want me anywhere near her so that's a big obstacle. Just adding more stress to me.
    I just don't know what to do now. And the thing is she doesn't even live in Ireland and my family and friends don't want her to come stay here with me.

Deep down i know i said some bad things to her but that wasn't the real me, but she said some really nasty things to me. Things i wouldn't say to my worst enemy.

I am going to sit out the back today and get some sun and listen to some music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Woke at 3am, slept again about 5 untill 11am.

Spoke with my ex again but it wasn't too bad. With my psoriasis now it's hard to go out and meet a new girl so maybe i could be stuck with her. My family and friends don't want me anywhere near her so that's a big obstacle. Just adding more stress to me.
    I just don't know what to do now. And the thing is she doesn't even live in Ireland and my family and friends don't want her to come stay here with me.

Deep down i know i said some bad things to her but that wasn't the real me, but she said some really nasty things to me. Things i wouldn't say to my worst enemy.

I am going to sit out the back today and get some sun and listen to some music.

A good family friend of mine has psoriasis and has recent tried this https://www.laroche-posay.ie/lipikar-baume-a. She finds it’s quite good, so maybe it could be worth a try if your psoriasis is getting you down.

I hope posting this is allowed, apologies if not.

I've been single all my life (25 now) and sometimes it really takes me down seeing all the loved up couples on social media. I know it's not all real but ya can see the love between some and I get so envious.

I've been single all my life (25 now) and sometimes it really takes me down seeing all the loved up couples on social media. I know it's not all real but ya can see the love between some and I get so envious.

Same here!. Spent many years over investing in bad friendships etc. Very few people with me now from twenty years ago but they are the good few. Putting it down to experience is hard when it hurts eveytime though..

Having one shítty day despite the lovely weather. Wish I could be normal like everyone else

Having one shítty day despite the lovely weather. Wish I could be normal like everyone else

You're more normal than you think buddy. You just realise it.

Chin up. We are in this together

Trial and error. No way you could have known without going through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Ugh waiting for my therapy appointment no form at all for it just don't feel like talking wish I could leg it outta here but I know I need it so I sit .

• Advertisement

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Ugh waiting for my therapy appointment no form at all for it just don't feel like talking wish I could leg it outta here but I know I need it so I sit .

Stick with it! Hope it goes well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

My forehead is nearly clear now which has improved my mood. I used Nizarol and avenno moisturiser.
    Pity the sun has gone now.

Pacing the floor like a lunatic. My jitters are all over the place. Can't sit down or lie down.

So tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Pacing the floor like a lunatic. My jitters are all over the place. Can't sit down or lie down.

So tired.

Throw on headphones and try relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

So tired.

Sorry to hear that dunne. I've been going through that aswell tonight.

My head can't stop rushing through thoughts.

All we can do is keep on keeping on.

All we can do is keep on keeping on.

Trying but I'm still awake. Can't relax. Every time.i feel like I'm about to drop off, I get a massive pang of anxiety and feel like I'm about to die.

Had an independent assessment for work today. Totally ripped me to shreds but I suppose that is their job. Actually raging about how it went

Had an independent assessment for work today. Totally ripped me to shreds but I suppose that is their job. Actually raging about how it went

Ugh. Never a nice feeling. What were they saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Having such a bad day can't cope at all

• Advertisement

Skybirdjb wrote:
    Having such a bad day can't cope at all

Thanking that post kinda felt strange. You know what I mean though

Advertisement