Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Get yourself onto tinder buddy

Tried that and met strange women. I think i just need to move on and sort myself out first.
    Look after number one.

I just feel so low now.

Trying to help someone have a good life and treat them good but just get hurt. No wonder i drink much now. All down to her.

The one thing that makes me happy is knowing that my family and friends think much of me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I think you could discontinue contact with this person and focus on yourself for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Everyone else said the same to me, maybe time to listen to the people that know me. 3 years of torture with her in reality. Now she's turned off the call and on another call after she said she needed to sleep.
    I never ever would hit a girl but she has hurt me so much i would love to punch her in the face. That's how so much she has angered me.

Tomorrow she will probably try call me but i won't answer. Fecking evil evil woman after everything i done for her.

That's why my depression is not being helped.

I sit alone now with my brain thinking much. I know i won't sleep good.

You see-this is why people are telling you to cut her out of your life.
    She's pushing you to dark places-and if you did resort to that. You'd be the one in trouble.

Like, the speaking of violence.... that just shows how much she's affecting you. IF things got dark, that would affect your life forevermore.

So just cut contact.

You see-this is why people are telling you to cut her out of your life.
    She's pushing you to dark places-and if you did resort to that. You'd be the one in trouble.

Like, the speaking of violence.... that just shows how much she's affecting you. IF things got dark, that would affect your life forevermore.

So just cut contact.

Yes that's true. She already threatened to have me killed before as I mentioned already on here. I never done anything wrong. She is the one with problems bigger than mine.

Just hard to take in trying to help someone who never respected me.

Head hurting much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Really down today, my mind keeps reminding me of past mistakes and failures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Really down today, my mind keeps reminding me of past mistakes and failures

Hope ur ok
    Weird kinda day

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hope ur ok
    Weird kinda day

Such a weird one, I feel so strange today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feeling so stressed about a friend, she's without a phone and an at risk type currently, was seen this morning but going through a terrible patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

another bad few days out of work yesterday and today.

I feel my life is unravelling a bit. I spend too much time in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Feeling so stressed about a friend, she's without a phone and an at risk type currently, was seen this morning but going through a terrible patch.

Oh that's tough for you , hoping they are ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 bumders

I have a bit of anxiety and can stay in the bed for hours on the weekend. I feel like I'm going ****ing crazy. I'm moody, no energy, shutting everyone out.

I cannot stay at home due to lacking interest in everything, FIFA, films TV shows.

Now what do I do? Go thrinking five nights if the week while holding down a good job.

I'm actually going ****ing insane, I'm going absolutely cracked. I feel like I'm losing my mind completely.

This has beer. Getting worse and worse for the last five years to the point I'm going ****ing crazy.

I'm holding down the job but when I'm on my own I'm going absolutely ****ing mental.

Beer is getting me through it. Where do I start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,909 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

bumders wrote: »
    I have a bit of anxiety and can stay in the bed for hours on the weekend. I feel like I'm going ****ing crazy. I'm moody, no energy, shutting everyone out.

I cannot stay at home due to lacking interest in everything, FIFA, films TV shows.

Now what do I do? Go thrinking five nights if the week while holding down a good job.

I'm actually going ****ing insane, I'm going absolutely cracked. I feel like I'm losing my mind completely.

This has beer. Getting worse and worse for the last five years to the point I'm going ****ing crazy.

I'm holding down the job but when I'm on my own I'm going absolutely ****ing mental.

Beer is getting me through it. Where do I start

Go to your Dr. Tell them everything. Tell them you want help to get better.
    Maybe write out what you want to tell them before you go and if you struggle to speak, give them the note. (your post here could be used if nothing else)

If you have a close friend/partner/family member who you can confide in, maybe think about telling them if you think they would support and help you.

You've already taken the first step in asking about getting help.
    It can be a long difficult road with ups and down for some but it doesn't necessarily have to be either. Many see improvement from the time they start to engage with people who you can help them.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bumders

Go to your Dr. Tell them everything. Tell them you want help to get better.
    Maybe write out what you want to tell them before you go and if you struggle to speak, give them the note. (your post here could be used if nothing else)

If you have a close friend/partner/family member who you can confide in, maybe think about telling them if you think they would support and help you.

You've already taken the first step in asking about getting help.
    It can be a long difficult road with ups and down for some but it doesn't necessarily have to be either. Many see improvement from the time they start to engage with people who you can help them.

Good luck.

It's not that easy, crying here at the min, I'm not suicidal And never will be, I'm just ****ed up

bumders wrote: »
    It's not that easy, crying here at the min, I'm not suicidal And never will be, I'm just ****ed up

I'm not suggesting it is easy, because it isn't.

The first step of telling your Dr may feel difficult but if you find it so, maybe print your post and just hand it to them.

Try not to allow fear over the length of the total path from where you are to where you want to be to stop you taking the first step. Just focus on that for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Feeling a little down ATM. Nothing major but took a long shot and asked a girl out. We didn't know each other overly well but I found her personality infectious. She has an incredibly busy life and has said she couldn't commit to a date. Has brought my mood down tho.

Feeling a little down ATM. Nothing major but took a long shot and asked a girl out. We didn't know each other overly well but I found her personality infectious. She has an incredibly busy life and has said she couldn't commit to a date. Has brought my mood down tho.

Hey look on the bright side! You took a shot at least!

Hey look on the bright side! You took a shot at least!

Thanks, that's true. Kind of regret it cos I feel I may have been better off not doing it cos said girl had said she may be free to meet for coffee but I'm sure she meant as friends. At least I know she isn't interested romantically

Thanks, that's true. Kind of regret it cos I feel I may have been better off not doing it cos said girl had said she may be free to meet for coffee but I'm sure she meant as friends. At least I know she isn't interested romantically

Meet her for the coffee. As a friend.
    She might not be interested in something romantic but she might think of you for a friend or something in future. Plus, good friends are hard to find, worth holding on to them.

I agree with what One more Toy said, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Meet her for the coffee. As a friend. She might not be interested in something romantic but she might think of you for a friend or something in future. Plus, good friends are hard to find, worth holding on to them.

That's what I was thinking. We have never met before, only spoke through instagram. We live about 2hrs 30mins away and she is genuinely always working but loves her work etc which is why I do believe she probably hasn't time ATM for a bf/dating. We're both 25. I think I'll offer to meet her for a coffee when I'm in her area next and just take it from there.

How's everyone doing this evening?

Me, I slept all day couldn't find the energy or motivation to do anything

• Advertisement

I'm kinda exhausted so shaky and anxious but i'm in work which is mostly a safe place for me..

Feeling good for the first time in a week. I couldn't get through the bad times without you guys. Thank you so much. I'm always here for you if you ever need me.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Been feeling pretty bad the last couple of days. Broke down last night. I'm pretty resigned to losing my girlfriend of the last year and a half. It's mainly due to me not being able to talk about how I'm feeling, and not having the motivation or energy to do anything a lot of the time. She wants to plan a future, but for some reason I find it really difficult to look past the next week, let alone looking the next few years. She's aware of my problems and has been great, but we're not getting any younger and I guess there is only so much one can take. Life really sucks.

Been feeling pretty bad the last couple of days. Broke down last night. I'm pretty resigned to losing my girlfriend of the last year and a half. It's mainly due to me not being able to talk about how I'm feeling, and not having the motivation or energy to do anything a lot of the time. She wants to plan a future, but for some reason I find it really difficult to look past the next week, let alone looking the next few years. She's aware of my problems and has been great, but we're not getting any younger and I guess there is only so much one can take. Life really sucks.

I feel you. Have you tried counselling? There's lots of free and cheap options

How's everyone doing today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Dawido

Not so good One More Toy for me, I have a terrible living situation I finished college got a job and living with my parents and they fight every day guards coming to the house and stuff like that... The housing situation out there is very bad and I would have to spend over half of my salary to rent somewhere close to work (now I commute about 3-4 hours every day)... I hate the thought of sharing and would rather be homeless :/ I am seriously considering buying a tent and living in it full time, just need to find some bushes so people don't bother me and it should be great!!! I would have peace that way and wouldn't have to pay rent or see my toxic parents..

Btw Does anyone else experience twitching due to anxiety/depression?
    For the past 6 years I have been experiencing twitching in my calves 24/7... Lately the twitches are all over my body I just want it to stop for fukk sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I was getting twitching at the height of my last bad patch. A combination of yoga (stretching everything!) Cutting out caffeine, upping my meds and doing guided sleep meditation before bed every night did help...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Does music seriously affect people here? I could be in the best most amazing mood ever but a certain two songs I could hear take me to the most lowest mood and darkest thoughts.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Does music seriously affect people here? I could be in the best most amazing mood ever but a certain two songs I could hear take me to the most lowest mood and darkest thoughts.

Yep, certain songs can remind me of the past and put my mood down.

• Advertisement

Yeah i think our history has a soundtrack, music of the time or playing at a time when something was happening, cuts both ways, some songs associated with good times too.

Advertisement