Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

SMC92Ian wrote:
    Does music seriously affect people here? I could be in the best most amazing mood ever but a certain two songs I could hear take me to the most lowest mood and darkest thoughts.

Triggers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Such a horrible night of nightmares :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Think i am down with man flu. Awake at 4am untill 6am then awake again 8am. Feel like crap.
    Just feel like sleeping. Didn't even shower yesterday as i just felt so cold inside.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Think i am down with man flu. Awake at 4am untill 6am then awake again 8am. Feel like crap.
    Just feel like sleeping. Didn't even shower yesterday as i just felt so cold inside.

I've a stomach bug so I feel you

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

I'm still smothered and miserable with a flu/cold for the last 4 days , my husband had it and the little fella was so sick during the week with it
    I actually feel ur pain
    Doesn't help the head tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

What a horrible two days. Last night while out I heard a certain song and done me in all night. Someone here called it triggers. Just now my phone has caved in and while fixing it a load of old photos popped up in some buried folder on the SD card, didn't even know they were there. Worst thing about everything always been backed up.

I wish I was brave enough to do something.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    What a horrible two days. Last night while out I heard a certain song and done me in all night. Someone here called it triggers. Just now my phone has caved in and while fixing it a load of old photos popped up in some buried folder on the SD card, didn't even know they were there. Worst thing about everything always been backed up.

What do you feel you're not brave enough to do?

Crap day today. Up early then back to bed. Haven't eaten since Sunday.
    Only thing i had was orange juice and some strawberries. No wonder i have no energy.
    The flu is not helping either.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Crap day today. Up early then back to bed. Haven't eaten since Sunday.
    Only thing i had was orange juice and some strawberries. No wonder i have no energy.
    The flu is not helping either.

Oh no , that flu is terrible we are still getting over it here too . Exausted . Have physio tomorrow which means going to the hospital hate going up there makes me so anxious

SMC92Ian wrote:

That's worrying talk buddy. We are here

• Advertisement

What do you feel you're not brave enough to do?

The last time I said something, the adverts admins gave out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The last time I said something, the adverts admins gave out.

Well how about going to your gp. It's hard but it's harder not to do something about it as you spiral in your own thoughts.

There is no quick fix but posting on a message board won't help fix the issue (will alleviate some anxiety writing it down)!

Sorry if that seems harsh but trust me speaking from experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Life in a mess, friends deserted me., reoccurring drink problem, stuck in a vicious loop, self hatred at an all time high., so lonely n tired of this life.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cooper89

candycock wrote: »
    Life in a mess, friends deserted me., reoccurring drink problem, stuck in a vicious loop, self hatred at an all time high., so lonely n tired of this life.

I feel like im in the same situation minus the drink problem. Feel free to message me anytime.

petes wrote: »
    Well how about going to your gp. It's hard but it's harder not to do something about it as you spiral in your own thoughts.

There is no quick fix but posting on a message board won't help fix the issue (will alleviate some anxiety writing it down)!

Sorry if that seems harsh but trust me speaking from experience :)

There is nothing to fix. I've no interest in my life anymore. I'm not saying anything to garner attention or sympathy. The simple truth is I'm just waiting for the end. I've lost everything that that mattered, can't go back. It's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cooper89

My forehead is nearly clear now which has improved my mood. I used Nizarol and avenno moisturiser.
    Pity the sun has gone now.

Have you ever tried childs farm moisturiser? Its absolutley amazing for my psoarisis and other people i know with the condition.

SMC92Ian wrote:
    There is nothing to fix. I've no interest in my life anymore. I'm not saying anything to garner attention or sympathy. The simple truth is I'm just waiting for the end. I've lost everything that that mattered, can't go back. It's done.

You find new things that matter. Your train of thought is toxic. For example, what's your dream job?

You find new things that matter. Your train of thought is toxic. For example, what's your dream job?

Don't have one. Even if I did it'd never happen.

You can't go back but you can go forward. I'm trying to sort out my mess. Drinking way too much just to feel good, but health wise and financial wise it's stupid.
    Don't do anything stupid please. Take care.

SMC92Ian wrote:

Ok what sort of things are you really interested in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Let time pass. Please. I have lost count, and I am nearly 80, of the number of times I have felt as you are doing. When I looked at the clock and prayed that if I just held on, in half an hour it might be better. let time pass, eat, rest, go outside and breathe the air. No one is asking more than that. Just breathe. Please. breathe.

Ok what sort of things are you really interested in?

Music, photography, things I'll never get a job in, can't get a job in Tesco FFS.
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Let time pass. Please. I have lost count, and I am nearly 80, of the number of times I have felt as you are doing. When I looked at the clock and prayed that if I just held on, in half an hour it might be better. let time pass, eat, rest, go outside and breathe the air. No one is asking more than that. Just breathe. Please. breathe.

I've let nearly a year pass and feel just as awful now as I did last July during death month as we'll call it... time heals all wounds? Time does F all. I hate those phrases people say... it's like mate calm down... you've lost a fiver, you didn't lose your fiance how'd you know? :pac:

My nerves are killing me today :( going to try some meditation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Doctor appointment today- told him I felt like a human existing atm rather than a human being

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Doctor appointment today- told him I felt like a human existing atm rather than a human being

How did it go with the doc? Any advice/relief?/meds?

Are u feeling any better?

How is everyone doing today?

How is everyone doing today?

I'm still trying to shift this cold. Headwise not too bad although with anxiety i am always thinking i am not feeling good bodywise due to something wrong with me.

I'm still trying to shift this cold. Headwise not too bad although with anxiety i am always thinking i am not feeling good bodywise due to something wrong with me.

Sorry to hear that, the man flu can linger on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Music, photography, things I'll never get a job in, can't get a job in Tesco FFS.

I've let nearly a year pass and feel just as awful now as I did last July during death month as we'll call it... time heals all wounds? Time does F all. I hate those phrases people say... it's like mate calm down... you've lost a fiver, you didn't lose your fiance how'd you know? :pac:

So stop keeping records! Let time go on passing. Enjoy music etc . Small pleasures. I did not say that time heals wounds. No way, but we get used to coping with being wounded. No one goes through life scar-less. As nothing anyone says is any use? I hear you and we are just trying to ... to be here for you.

Advertisement