Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

I'm so glad you've turned a corner - it gives me hope. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

How's everyone doing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Hi how are you today ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

I just heard an uncle of mine died, i'm fine he was old and had an illness,
    but i can't help but feel envious of him, i know that's not right but at least the internal suffering and pain would be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Crap, still fuming over that letter yesterday.

• Advertisement

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hi how are you today ??

I'm OK just, awaiting Irish life letter on my income protection. And I used a little too much valium and left myself short of it. Have to ration it now until next appointment

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Crap, still fuming over that letter yesterday.

I'd say you are just mad ! Hopefully you have your fighting face on cause you deserve it like . Isn't this what's it's for ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

Have someone here have the ADHD and major depression combo?

The depression issomething new, but the ADHD has been present since I was very young (untreated). I've been able to deal with it, but now it is making almost impossible to complete any type of task.

Tomorrow I have appt with my psychiatrist and I do not know if to ask for help regarding this.

vmb wrote: »
    Have someone here have the ADHD and major depression combo?

The depression issomething new, but the ADHD has been present since I was very young (untreated). I've been able to deal with it, but now it is making almost impossible to complete any type of task.

Tomorrow I have appt with my psychiatrist and I do not know if to ask for help regarding this.

You must ask for help tomorrow. Be totally honest about everything and take any help offered. I hope you have a positive outcome.

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I'd say you are just mad ! Hopefully you have your fighting face on cause you deserve it like . Isn't this what's it's for ?????

I'm Irish and we are known for fighting back :D Signed up for Darkness into Light but haven't got my t-shirt yet. Cost me €20 that i couldn't really afford but thought it was for a good cause. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

My ex has text me again, out on the lash having fun when she is crying she has no money.
    She's borrowing money from friends. Time to listen to everyone, walk away from her because she is bad news.

Just feel cheated after everything i done for her.

• Advertisement

Of course you feel cheated , you seem like a really good person who did everything you could possibly do for her . So glad you are feeling strong
    Go for it walk away from her and you will in time feel good about that decision even tho it's a really hard thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Pissartist wrote: »
    I just heard an uncle of mine died, i'm fine he was old and had an illness,
    but i can't help but feel envious of him, i know that's not right but at least the internal suffering and pain would be gone.

I'm the same, I think they're lucky, its stupid I think this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

People are often disappointing no matter what the circumstances, a sad truth. If you have animals near you, be it a neighbour, rescue or whatever it would be helpful to enjoy the company of a wee animal.. I can't have any sort of pet in my place but I meet a few dogs, cats and horses most days..

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Havent posted on boards in a long time.Been struggling a lot recently.just turned 30 and ive accomplished nothing im unemployed and i feel all my friends have begun to move on .relationships kids real jobs etc and im just left wondering what am i going to do.strangely enough my last visit to my docs i decided i wanted to come off all my meds because i dont want to be on them forever.unfortunatly the last couple weeks i feel ive take a huge step back and am feeling quite poor again.its a huge catch 22 i feel like im too fecked up to work...but also depressed because im not working and have little happening for me ..and to be honest im drinking more lately i find its the only enjoyment im really getting .. im not sure what the point of my message really is .just saw the discussion and neesed to vent.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'm the same, I think they're lucky, its stupid I think this.

I think it's something most of us think when our lives go pear shaped but it's important not to dwell on the negatives and try find the positives. This may only be small things but could be built on to push ourselves through the hard times. Very little makes me smile at the moment but a little robin who hops outside my window never fails to make me happy. Sometimes these life's lessons are neccesssary for some unknown reason. Personally it's made me much more empathetic to people who battle mental illness and to I have much more patience with the elderly and infirm which I admit was lacking when I was in my full health.

Havent posted on boards in a long time.Been struggling a lot recently.just turned 30 and ive accomplished nothing im unemployed and i feel all my friends have begun to move on .relationships kids real jobs etc and im just left wondering what am i going to do.strangely enough my last visit to my docs i decided i wanted to come off all my meds because i dont want to be on them forever.unfortunatly the last couple weeks i feel ive take a huge step back and am feeling quite poor again.its a huge catch 22 i feel like im too fecked up to work...but also depressed because im not working and have little happening for me ..and to be honest im drinking more lately i find its the only enjoyment im really getting .. im not sure what the point of my message really is .just saw the discussion and neesed to vent.

I know what you mean. When I had to give up my toxic job I missed the purpose and challenge. Trying to fill the empty days has been hard and does get me down. There is so much Day time TV you can watch. I do get out and I think that's important. Meet friends, walk by the sea. Bitchy most importantly, Go back to your GP and tell them how you are struggling. It's very important not to bottle this up. Take the help that's offered and hopefully you will be up to strength again to return to work. You are still young and your best years are still ahead of you to fulfill your dreams. All the best.

I understand how you feel. I am still technically employed but have been out for over 1 year now. I turned to drink too. Yes it helped fill in the gap in life but it's not the answer.
    I remember from school reading juno and the paycock, one of the quotes was ''living in a fantasy world''. Or something along the lines of that.

That is me, drinking to ease the pain but it won't. Drinking and thinking of all the things you want to do but you never actually do them.

My Father was an Alcoholic and it's not the road i won't to follow. My road is walking Darkness into Light tomorrow then come home and instead of drinking i am going to start taking my Librium.

I know if i stop drinking i will be back on the right road. ''We're on the one road
    It may be the wrong road
    But we're together now who cares''

Can only have hope and later i won't be walking alone.

Another lonely day on the couch awaits

Caved in and bought a bottle of lidls cheap baileys. So disappointed in myself but my nerves are driving me crazy today

I've had my appointment with the psychologist. As I am much worse than when I started the meds, we agreed to stop SSRIs

It's been awful, I feel they just can't help me. I told her if they can't help me i'm going to self medicate me and I dont want that, but I can't live this life.

Reading others in this thread helps, I can see that I'm not the only one suffering this ****e. I really hope that at least some of you can improve, because I can't see my life improving considering my multiple sclerosis, fibro, depression, anxiety...

It's totally overwhelming!

• Advertisement

Caved in and bought a bottle of lidls cheap baileys. So disappointed in myself but my nerves are driving me crazy today

It's a slippery slope. I have fought so many demons in the past and i believe i can help myself get back to the normal me. Without alcohol as it's not the answer.

Just opened facebook and see i have messages (from the ex i think) but i deleted messenger so won't open or re install.

I've had my appointment with the psychologist. As I am much worse than when I started the meds, we agreed to stop SSRIs

It's been awful, I feel they just can't help me. I told her if they can't help me i'm going to self medicate me and I dont want that, but I can't live this life.

Reading others in this thread helps, I can see that I'm not the only one suffering this ****e. I really hope that at least some of you can improve, because I can't see my life improving considering my multiple sclerosis, fibro, depression, anxiety...

Sorry to hear that, did you discuss changing medication maybe?

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    It's a slippery slope. I have fought so many demons in the past and i believe i can help myself get back to the normal me. Without alcohol as it's not the answer.

Just opened facebook and see i have messages (from the ex i think) but i deleted messenger so won't open or re install.

I'm using the excuse that I have little valium left so I'm using alcohol as a bridge.

Regarding your ex, would it be an idea to block her once and for all?

I'm using the excuse that I have little valium left so I'm using alcohol as a bridge.

Regarding your ex, would it be an idea to block her once and for all?

Do the valium still work for you? To me 5 or 10 mg is like nothing, I can take it and stay up all night.

Tolerance is so strong... and to increase the dose is a really bad idea!!

The only thing gives me some relax is alcohol, but I do not want to follow that path, I have enough problems.

I've been referred to the community psychologist as they said I need more attention than 1 or 2 appointments per month

Do the valium still work for you? To me 5 or 10 mg is like nothing, I can take it and stay up all night.

Tolerance is so strong... and to increase the dose is a really bad idea!!

The only thing gives me some relax is alcohol, but I do not want to follow that path, I have enough problems.

I've been referred to the community psychologist as they said I need more attention than 1 or 2 appointments per month

Valium at 5mg still works for me - takes the edge off morning anxiety. Maybe it's a placebo effect or something.

Hope the community psychologist works out for you

God love you but you have a lot to contend with. Sending you warmest thoughts.

Another lonely day on the couch awaits

Sounds very lonely OMT, do you get out much or are you mostly confined to home ? Do friends and family call by ?

Sounds very lonely OMT, do you get out much or are you mostly confined to home ? Do friends and family call by ?

The missus works during the day so she's gone, family live 200 miles away. Haven't been chatting to my closest friends in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Was looking forward to doing Darkness into Light tomorrow morning but the two people who were meant to do it with me cancelled on me. I'm not going to do it on my own. I wasn't in a good place the last two years and was looking forward to it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Missing the walk myself because of work.. Did it a few times, but always stuck my headphones in and did it solo like a concentrated grieving process i guess now i look back at it..

Anyway my point is there's a massive amount of solidarity there, you won't be alone if you don't want to be..

Advertisement