Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

How's everyone today?

Getting there. Been a strange few weeks. Hope all you guys are doing well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Have had this feeling of anxiety at the pit of my stomach for a few days now, stopping me from eating. Can’t see any reason for me to feel anxious, so not sure where this is coming from. Never a good sign when I’m unable to eat. Just wish this feeling would go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Have had this feeling of anxiety at the pit of my stomach for a few days now, stopping me from eating. Can’t see any reason for me to feel anxious, so not sure where this is coming from. Never a good sign when I’m unable to eat. Just wish this feeling would go away.

If you're fit to go to the shop I find camomile tea very powerful relaxant. Put two tea bags in a cup of hot water let it sit for 5 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

If you're fit to go to the shop I find camomile tea very powerful relaxant. Put two tea bags in a cup of hot water let it sit for 5 minutes

I’m well enough to go out, just have that nagging feeling in my stomach the whole time. I think I’ll give that a try, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Think I've googled myself into discontinuation syndrome!

Have started getting very light headed in the hour or so leading up to my meds time... I was never like that before, as long as I took my dose every day I was grand.

Just had to pull off the road there to buy a sandwich to take my tablets. Google is a curse sometimes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

TG1 wrote: »

Have started getting very light headed in the hour or so leading up to my meds time... I was never like that before, as long as I took my dose every day I was grand.

Just had to pull off the road there to buy a sandwich to take my tablets. Google is a curse sometimes!

I feel for you. Google is a double edged sword as there is some good info but an awful lot of negative posts. I was already looking at discontinuing scare stories before I started my meds which gave me the heeby jeebies. The consensus seems to be to do it very slowly. I presume your doc is monitoring you closely. Give them a buzz in the morning. Hopefully you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Google is trouble, believe me. It will throw up the worst scenarios.

I haven't eaten today. Again i stupidly answered call from my ex.

Now 99% sure she just makes me feel so down. I need someone to just delete her from my life, delete all pictures, delete everything. I find it hard to do myself but i know i need to.

Yesterday after walking darkness into light i was feeling good, feeling happy. Now feeling sad and angry.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Google is trouble, believe me. It will throw up the worst scenarios.

I haven't eaten today. Again i stupidly answered call from my ex.

Now 99% sure she just makes me feel so down. I need someone to just delete her from my life, delete all pictures, delete everything. I find it hard to do myself but i know i need to.

Yesterday after walking darkness into light i was feeling good, feeling happy. Now feeling sad and angry.

Time to block her mate

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It really is, she's doing so much damage, you have to try evict her from your mind, getting rid of pics and such is a start.

BohsCeltic wrote:

I've never met the bitch. I hate her more than you do. Don't be soft mate.

• Advertisement

You do need to cut toxic people out of your life bohs. I know it's easy for strangers on the internet to say just get rid but honestly any forward progress you fight tooth and nail to make she seems to undo in a second. That's not fair to you to expect yourself to deal with her on top of your own situation.

I've never met the bitch. I hate her more than you do. Don't be soft mate.

That made me laugh :) Thanks. And your not the first person to say that either.

I could hurt her so much but it's just not in me to do that. She has a heart, but its a cold one, maybe made of stone. Unlike me i'm alway's there for everyone despite my own problems.

She never cared about my problems.

Tomorrow i have to babysit my 7 month old Nephew, my Mother just said to me a while ago that he always raises the biggest smile when he see's me.

Then i am going to give my Sister my phone and let her delete everything.

My family are much more important as they love me, unlike what i call the bitch from the east.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bohs, thats's a damn fine plan, if you have second thoughts tomorrow post here and of course it seems your family are on side too. Enjoy the baby sitting, a babbies smile would do your heart good..

Bohs, thats's a damn fine plan, if you have second thoughts tomorrow post here and of course it seems your family are on side too. Enjoy the baby sitting, a babbies smile would do your heart good..

I'm having second thoughts. Why can I not just listen to the people that know me all my life and see how she has dragged me down.

My Sister will be here about 9am after school run and I am definitely handing my phone to her.

Sometimes I think its better to be a bad person rather than a good one . But I'm not a bad person. I just got bad luck meeting the wrong girl. Still annoys me after everything I done for her. Really head melting stuff.

Trying to change someone's life for the better but get put down.
    Trying to give someone a life that they can only dream about.

I can't change the past but can try and look forward to the future.

Hold out until your sister gets there. You can do this, you've repeatedly acknowledged she's been toxic. You can do this, first steps at moving on..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

I'm having second thoughts. Why can I not just listen to the people that know me all my life and see how she has dragged me down.

My Sister will be here about 9am after school run and I am definitely handing my phone to her.

Sometimes I think its better to be a bad person rather than a good one . But I'm not a bad person. I just got bad luck meeting the wrong girl. Still annoys me after everything I done for her. Really head melting stuff.

Trying to change someone's life for the better but get put down.
    Trying to give someone a life that they can only dream about.

I can't change the past but can try and look forward to the future.

You can do this we are all behind you today is the first step to a better life . Wait till your sister gets there........ You got this

BohsCeltic wrote:

I'll come over to yours and do it for you, then bring you for a pint. Come on buddy. You've got this

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

I'll come over to yours and do it for you, then bring you for a pint. Come on buddy. You've got this

Can I come too ??:) I have hospital appointment with therapist don't want to go

Skybirdjb wrote:
    Can I come too ?? I have hospital appointment with therapist don't want to go

I'm serious. I'll be in town. Anyone fancy a sneaky pre noon pint? We deserve it?

Too many towns to pick from but I think I'll be good, work again later.

• Advertisement

Ha Ha thanks but my Sister just literally dropped my Nephew in and brought my other Nephew for an appointment. He has ASD.

I rarely go to bars now, just go to the to the shop and drink alone at home. Sad but true.
    My little Nephew just keeps smiling at me, such a wonderfull sight to see and gives me hope.

BohsCeltic wrote:
    I rarely go to bars now, just go to the to the shop and drink alone at home. Sad but true. My little Nephew just keeps smiling at me, such a wonderfull sight to see and gives me hope.

Hold onto that hope buddy. I'm off on holliers tomorrow but when I get back you don't need to drink on your own. I've always a free seat at my table and I am always willing to travel (only cos you are a bohs fan)

Ha Ha thanks but my Sister just literally dropped my Nephew in and brought my other Nephew for an appointment. He has ASD.

I rarely go to bars now, just go to the to the shop and drink alone at home. Sad but true.
    My little Nephew just keeps smiling at me, such a wonderfull sight to see and gives me hope.

Did you manage to clear out your ex mate?

How's everyone doing this afternoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Not a good day not a great weekend. I dont know how people struggling with other issues in life cope if I can barely manage this one just existing

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Not a good day not a great weekend. I dont know how people struggling with other issues in life cope if I can barely manage this one just existing

I understand your pain, I struggle to understand how 'normal' people go about their daily lives

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

TG1 wrote: »

Was today any better ? Are you going to persist with the tapering ?

Yep, was a bit lightheaded as I was leaving work but that was it. Actually didn't take meds till about 9 and was ok, bit of overthinking going on but I'm controlling it so all is good. Will keep going, have this dose for a month and then back to gp to discuss so we will see then! But the first jump wasn't so bad anyway I think!

Did you manage to clear out your ex mate?

No :( When my Sister called she was in a bit of rush to bring my other Nephew to another class.

I slept most of the day after that. My Mother has made me a nice salad as i am not eating good. Hard to with anxiety. Also just went to the shop and bought a 2 litre bottle of cider.

I'm 39 and should be well able to look after myself. When i was 12 years old my Mother had a slipped disc and my Father had already left her.
    I done the shopping, i cut people's grass, washed windows and cars to make some money that i gave straight to my Mother.

Feel like a failure now. I do have a good job but just haven't been there for over 1 year because of my brain.

I just want to get back to the normal me.
    A long lonely night awaits. I opened my Facebook and can see i have many messages. Not only from her but from other people but i don't want to open or read them.

Ex is also liking anything i post on FB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

Stay. Off. Google. This cannot be stressed enough.

Advertisement