Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

It doesn't matter what other ppl think. It's what you think and you know in yourself mate. You should be commended for your rational thought right now in a very tough and harsh situation. You're doing great and you're making the right choice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Boh that's brave and inspiring, i think your strength has always shone through here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

pay no attention to what others think.
    youve shown great strength in posing and seeing that drink isnt the way you want to go.
    talk to your gp as soon as you can. get the help and support you need.

take care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Anti-d's are wearing off. I changed to a new brand of them last year after the old ones were no longer working. Started working right away. Couple of months ago I felt the effects wearing off. Doctor upped the dosage to 2 tabs a day. Two weeks ago I felt the wearing off again. For the last week I've taken an extra tab per day as I was unable to go to the doc and won't be able to until Tuesday. The extra tab hasn't made one blind bit of difference :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Time for a sit down with the doc i guess Jaxxx. My main Anti-d has been invaluable but i've been on quite a number of meds along with it, trying types and levels to figure out what to do for quite a while. Don't let it discourage you. Loads of options remain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Nothing but bloody nightmares waking me up during the night then sending me into full panic mode when I get up the morning. I spend at least an hour in bed each morning waiting for anxiety meds to kick in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Anxiety levels up today- not having a great day at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

JudeSmith-0319-Imbedded.png

I've been gone a while, just popping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Cannot sleep. My left ear is blocked again. Can hear my heart beating so cannot sleep, maybe not a bad thing but so annoying.

Off today. This wont be good at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Off today. This wont be good at all.

Are you ok ?
    Hope it's not as bad as you thought Ibc

Just gonna end up not being kept on in work. On the train today

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

It's quiet in here everyone ok ?

I've never figured if it's a good or bad sign when it's quiet here.. Personally i'm weary so not posting much, just lurking really.. You?

I've never figured if it's a good or bad sign when it's quiet here.. Personally i'm weary so not posting much, just lurking really.. You?

Same lurking around but my thoughts don't make enough sense to write down if u know what I mean ???? I'm just weary from the pain really

I understand all too well.. Had a nasty flare up the other day, nearly overwhelmed me..

I understand all too well.. Had a nasty flare up the other day, nearly overwhelmed me..

It is overwhelming sometimes isn't it ! Even a lurk sometimes is good

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    It is overwhelming sometimes isn't it ! Even a lurk sometimes is good

Yup, it's nice to see the various goings on around the place even if i'm not engaged sometimes. I just go into serial thanker mode!.

Been sleeping much during the day so awake all night. Missing the good weather.

Last night i had a craving for lemonade as my orange juice had ran out. Shop was closed so i text my Brother who was in the local bar.

He came back with a bottle of TK red lemonade. Brought back memories of sitting in a pub with my father, uncles and cousins on a Sunday. Bottle of red lemonade and a pack of Tayto and i was happy as Larry. Good memories.

But then i got text again from that evil ex. But then i got a call from the new girl i have been talking to and made my feelings much better.

Haven't been eating good. But yesterday i bought some melon, oranges and bananas. Going to have them for breakfast now and try and not sleep during the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Living with depression for so long wares you. Most times you just wish you could get check out. I wish i could just get one pill and that be it. But thats not going to happen.

• Advertisement

Checkmate i hear you, always so bloody tired of pushing myself.. If i had a realistic way of wiping my memory, would i?

Been invited to a BBQ today in my cousins home. Feel motivated to go but also unsure.
    But my Aunt who lives next door to them and has only a short time left to live will be there so i need to go. Plus all my family and extended family will be there.

I have to just do it. No messing about, kick myself up the hole and go.

Hope you went bohs and hope you manage to enjoy yourself a bit !

Checkmate i hear you, always so bloody tired of pushing myself.. If i had a realistic way of wiping my memory, would i?

God I'd love a memory wipe machine.

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hope you went bohs and hope you manage to enjoy yourself a bit !

I didn't go :( I cannot sleep at night so i do be really tired the next day. I couldn't get out of bed.
    Insomnia can be linked to depression. Hating myself for feeling this way.

I was just going through my phone, i have thousands of pictures. Lots of my family and friend but also lots of my ex.

Just seeing her face makes me angry, I know i need to let go but always something crops up and starts my brain into overdrive.

Just thinking why can someone be so evil to someone who was so kind.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I didn't go :( I cannot sleep at night so i do be really tired the next day. I couldn't get out of bed.
    Insomnia can be linked to depression. Hating myself for feeling this way.

I was just going through my phone, i have thousands of pictures. Lots of my family and friend but also lots of my ex.

Just seeing her face makes me angry, I know i need to let go but always something crops up and starts my brain into overdrive.

Just thinking why can someone be so evil to someone who was so kind.

Christ, nothing worse than when you come across photo's off your ex... anyone here hate the stupid friend link thing FB and those sites do, oh here's pics of your ex and her new fella, why don't you ad them? How bout you **** off.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Christ, nothing worse than when you come across photo's off your ex... anyone here hate the stupid friend link thing FB and those sites do, oh here's pics of your ex and her new fella, why don't you ad them? How bout you **** off.

I've deleted everthing, her, her family and friends so i don't see anything.
    The new girl i've been talking to was asking me about her. I just told true and she was quite respectful that i was honest as she has seen all my pictures on FB with my ex.

She has been hurt before too so knows the score. Just can only see what happens.

Weird day today AGAIN. Didn't sleep until about 2.30am, woke at 5.30. Had some Melon and Strawberries.
    Tried to sleep again but could not. Made a toasted rasher sandwich. First for a while i have done this.

Now i am shattered, just want to sleep and pull the duvet over my head.

But if i do that it will not help. Taking one of my dogs out for a walk now, hope it helps me.

Well i managed 3 meals yesterday, and a bottle of lilt which iv'e not had for years. Dog walked then entertained 3 of my young cousins who came over for lunch and dinner.
    But i think they entertained me more and made me smile and laugh so much.

Had a nap about 8.30pm and set my alarm for 1 hour. Obviously didn't here it as wide awake now ha ha.

• Advertisement

Busy day Bohs, no wonder you slept through the alarm! Sounds like you managed a good day, hope that continues for you.

Advertisement