Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Yeah right, eating a cake or a steak isn't gonna fix my mind. It's a mental problem so sitting down and eating a five star meal isn't suddenly stopping nightmares, anxiety or depression. Do you have a special biscuit that erases memories? Could do with one tomorrow on this anniversary... if not then bye.

I'm speaking from the horses mouth so to speak. Eating does help. I know sometimes it's hard but it does help your mentality.
    I didn't feel like eating today as wasn't feeling great but i had a bowl of noodles with chicken, now i wan't to eat more.

I have energy, already went and done some shopping and now going to take a stroll to the shop to do the lottery just to get out for a bit.

You can't erase memories. Today is the anniversary of my cousin who was like a brother to me growing up, he died when he was just 33.

I look back and think of all the good times we had together and smile and remember him, it's hard but i have learned how to deal with it.

I get strength from all the loves ones i have lost(which is many) and i know they would not like to see me feeling down.

Fueling your body helps fuel your mind.

If you don't put petrol in your car it will just stay stuck in the same position and go nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I'm speaking from the horses mouth so to speak. Eating does help. I know sometimes it's hard but it does help your mentality.
    I didn't feel like eating today as wasn't feeling great but i had a bowl of noodles with chicken, now i wan't to eat more.

I have energy, already went and done some shopping and now going to take a stroll to the shop to do the lottery just to get out for a bit.

You can't erase memories. Today is the anniversary of my cousin who was like a brother to me growing up, he died when he was just 33.

I look back and think of all the good times we had together and smile and remember him, it's hard but i have learned how to deal with it.

I get strength from all the loves ones i have lost(which is many) and i know they would not like to see me feeling down.

Fueling your body helps fuel your mind.

If you don't put petrol in your car it will just stay stuck in the same position and go nowhere.

amen to this wisdom.. Took me years to learn this. As I have said I was misdiagnosed as being mentally ill for decades and had to cope with serious physical illness. Sometimes not eating became part of a kind of rebellion against pain? Eating is life and fuelling life so if I stop?

When I was finally diagnosed I went to bed for days with no food. A neighbour set me right on that! " If you stay abed and don';t eat you will be weak as water. "

Never forgotten that. It was alarmingly true

I go nowhere even to the shore without a bit of chocolate with me. Part of the CFS/ME is erratic blood sugar. I can now feel it ebbing..

Eating is cocking a snook at depression! Rather than allying with it.

Just a glass of milk, a bit of toast, soup..

We all have terrible memories to cope with. Part of life if we love. They flow in and out like the tide on the shore. Mine are from nearly 70 years ago some of them. my brother lying drowned on a river bank aged 19 Replace them with ... whatever is strong and good and lovely.

Having a healthy diet has been shown to impact mental health positively. If you read some of the experiences posted here you'll see that people work on their diet and exercise as well as usin therapy and medication. There is no need to be so short with someone who is trying to help you.

sokay; I understood it was not personal. we all do and say things...

Graces7 wrote: »
    sokay; I understood it was not personal. we all do and say things...

I know, but still :)

I know, but still :)

Just do not want the person to stop posting if they need to...this forum is a lifeline to many

• Advertisement

Lovely day out there, get out people. My friend is calling soon and taking our dogs for a walk as we do every Sunday.

Have a nice dinner in the oven so will have that when i get back then chill out the back garden, simple things like this can make you feel so good.

I know it can be hard to motivate yourself to do it but if you do you will feel so much better.

I got invited also to a BBQ in my cousins home but i'm not going as i want to stick to my routine walking the dogs on a Sunday.

Lovely day out there, get out people. My friend is calling soon and taking our dogs for a walk as we do every Sunday.

Have a nice dinner in the oven so will have that when i get back then chill out the back garden, simple things like this can make you feel so good.

I know it can be hard to motivate yourself to do it but if you do you will feel so much better.

I got invited also to a BBQ in my cousins home but i'm not going as i want to stick to my routine walking the dogs on a Sunday.

All sounds good.. For some reason missed my dog today..

Lovely here although clouding now... dratted midges drove me in! But took this photo at my gate.. oh and the ferry man made sure a couple of visitors stopped near my house and revved his bus engine so I heard them an d shot out;;; managed to sell a pair of hand made sleevies! all for the babies my faith family rescue in India... I hope he will continue to do this!

All sounds good.. For some reason missed my dog today..

Lovely here although clouding now... dratted midges drove me in! But took this photo at my gate.. oh and the ferry man made sure a couple of visitors stopped near my house and revved his bus engine so I heard them an d shot out;;; managed to sell a pair of hand made sleevies! all for the babies my faith family rescue in India... I hope he will continue to do this!

Great picture and good to see helping charity too. You seem like me, always wanting to help other people. I know i can never change that myself, i like to see people happy because it makes me happy.

Great picture and good to see helping charity too. You seem like me, always wanting to help other people. I know i can never change that myself, i like to see people happy because it makes me happy.

Love to give; give to love. I have so much. Knitting has been literally a lifeline all through these years. Even at my worst i knitted. Used to call it a well channelled nervous twitch and it probably is!

There are photos of some of my work on the Craft forum and happy to knit for folk here.

Nice day to get some fresh air and sun.

Tried to upload pic but wouldn't let me , ahhhh. ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Did my first BBQ at home today just for my mum and dad but it was a big step to have people over and deal with the anxiety and stress of doing something new
    Went for a nice walk with small fella and Hubby then . Good day really

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Did my first BBQ at home today just for my mum and dad but it was a big step to have people over and deal with the anxiety and stress of doing something new
    Went for a nice walk with small fella and Hubby then . Good day really

That's all good, well done. I sat out the back on the bench with one of my dogs beside me relaxing. My other dog just wanted to play so spent a good two hours throwing a bust football for her to catch.
    I'm 100 percent sure they can sense your feelings and for sure they know that they can help make you feel happy.

Albeit i have have a sore arm now:)

the secret is to upload a FILE; on the top line near the smiley face . try? took me a while to work that out

to all who keep trying; start with baby steps with food or activity?

My way of coping when too ill to cook etc is a banana. Or cadbury's. Some days I eat ready meals from Supervalu ( dunnes do excellent ones) I keep in the freezer then microwave... or plate up a spare meal when I have managed to cook

Other activities... many days all I can manage is a very short walk with the cats.. VERY short! Enough to move the muscles and air the lungs.. very hard at first... I live at a silent crossroads and choose one of three lanes! when I reach my designated limit I tap a post or gate with my crutch and turn around! Other days I can sometimes do more... Start small..

the secret is to upload a FILE; on the top line near the smiley face . try? took me a while to work that out

It's something with my phone. Have googled it and it seems a common problem with android.
    I tried to use tinypic too and same problem. It's to do with memory. I have over 5000 pics on my phone ha ha.

Will be heading back out to the park again today, will try send to my laptop so can upload.

It's something with my phone. Have googled it and it seems a common problem with android.
    I tried to use tinypic too and same problem. It's to do with memory. I have over 5000 pics on my phone ha ha.

Will be heading back out to the park again today, will try send to my laptop so can upload.

funny! I only got a camera recently; there was no way to get the phone photos onto the laptop.. I now transfer them from the camera asap. snap happy still ;)

8te
    funny! I only got a camera recently; there was no way to get the phone photos onto the laptop.. I now transfer them from the camera asap. snap happy still ;)

I can send pics from my phone to laptop using bluetooth or cable.

jpx3q8.jpg

When i took that pic i looked back and my dog was rolling in duck crap, the little shi*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Guys, I passed that exam I was sh1tting myself over, thanks for your support and kind words! Now on to the next one..

Guys, I passed that exam I was sh1tting myself over, thanks for your support and kind words! Now on to the next one..

Happy days, well done. Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

I had been wondering how you were as you hadn't posted in a while ! That's wonderful news 😊. Giant pat on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

Love the pics Bohs and Grace7. Adds such positivity to the forum to see natures beauty. Your positivity in the face of adversity is uplifting Grace7.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Love the pics Bohs and Grace7. Adds such positivity to the forum to see natures beauty. Your positivity in the face of adversity is uplifting Grace7.

Kind lady. The thing is that there really is no adversity now. I live within what I have and am. Taken me years!! I have the life style i love out here and although it is not without its challenges, that is Ok too as I know now that whatever happens I will cope. and come through in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Yeah well done omt that's great news ! Feeling kinda low today hard to describe really just weird . Bad thoughts too but trying to use what I have learned in cbt to help

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Yeah well done omt that's great news ! Feeling kinda low today hard to describe really just weird . Bad thoughts too but trying to use what I have learned in cbt to help

Was feeling good but again stupidly answered call from my ex.
    But instead of dwelling on it i have a toasted sandwich and a coffee waiting for me after i finish cutting the grass.

I am not letting her bring me down.

I've been out of touch for a while due to illness and nervousness to write anything.

Hope all you guys are doing well!

As for me, I'm getting out more and feeling better, can't stop dreaming about an ex girlfriend from ten years ago, it's funny how the mind works

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BigWheel

I've been out of touch for a while due to illness and nervousness to write anything.

Hope all you guys are doing well!

As for me, I'm getting out more and feeling better, can't stop dreaming about an ex girlfriend from ten years ago, it's funny how the mind works

Hi there, same here, I have not posted in ages. I was undertaking six months of education & therapy to try to get a grip on the old black dog. Glad to hear you are feeling better, me to, learning to take each & every small win I can see. The road can seem long & exhausting, but it is worth it. We are worth more than an illness Best wishes to all, BW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Had to change meds.. .. .. AGAIN. This is the second make of anti-d's where the effects have basically worn off :(

How's everyone enjoying the weather? Personally, I hate it. Bring on the wind and rain says I! :pac:

Anyone know a good source to find counseling? I miss having someone to talk to, have a lot bottled up that I want to release. Anyone have any experience with MyMind? Was looking them up there last week but not sure about them.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Had to change meds.. .. .. AGAIN. This is the second make of anti-d's where the effects have basically worn off :(

How's everyone enjoying the weather? Personally, I hate it. Bring on the wind and rain says I! :pac:

Anyone know a good source to find counseling? I miss having someone to talk to, have a lot bottled up that I want to release. Anyone have any experience with MyMind? Was looking them up there last week but not sure about them.

Can't rate my mind highly enough. Pm me for more info if interested

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »

Enjoying the weather as it helps my psoriasis. I went via my GP to see a counselor.
    I have a medical card so doesn't cost me anything which helps a lot as i am only on illness benefit.

Wide awake now, i think being out in the sun made me tired so went to bed at 8pm just for a rest but missed my alarm.

Advertisement