Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I have but she is using someone else phone to message.

just keep blocking numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    just keep blocking numbers

100% agree with you.

Block the country and then add any numbers you need to contact you from that country as an exception.
    https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-way-to-block-international-calls-from-a-particular-country-using-just-the-country-code-and-not-the-full-phone-number-on-an-Android-phone

Also can be easily done an iPhone.
    You are giving this person way too much control over you, they have no agency unless you let them have it.

Your mental health is yours,guard it, treasure it.
    If you have made the decision that you are better with no contact stick to it.
    Honestly, what courtesy do you still owe?
    Learn to be blunt when it's needed, sometimes that bluntness is just cutting all contact especially if you have already made it clear how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

banie01 wrote: »
    100% agree with you.

Block the country and then add any numbers you need to contact you from that country as an exception.
    https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-way-to-block-international-calls-from-a-particular-country-using-just-the-country-code-and-not-the-full-phone-number-on-an-Android-phone

You are giving this person way too much control over you, they have no agency unless you let them have it.

Learn to be blunt when it's needed, sometimes that bluntness is just cutting all contact especially if you have already made it clear how you feel.

Thanks for that link. I'll block the country code now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I've had a few types of nerve block and some lignocaine washes, most recently anaesthetic and steroid injections, it's all trial and error, nothing really doing anything thus far.

any luck with pain patches?

100% agree with you.

I got so jumpy re calls at one stage I never plug the phone in except to call out; they can email.... the peace is wondrous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Thanks so much for the chats last night guys going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment
    But when I look at my nearly 1 year old little fellas face smiling up at me and saying "mam" it gives me strength

From much free time and thus reading science papers for amusement.

Depression and Anxiety are very common co-morbidity with chronic illness and pain conditions.

totally rational. trouble comes when as with me the real illness is ignored or not believed in. mind lives in body

Graces7 wrote: »
    any luck with pain patches?

Ah now I get it!
    Lignocaine Washes = Lidocaine patches???

I was imagining the most brutal sore throat ever for a while last night ;)

Ah now I get it!
    Lignocaine Washes = Lidocaine patches???

I was imagining the most brutal sore throat ever for a while last night ;)

not sure if the same thing? ;; there was a terrible todo last year when the govt stopped them from
    anything but shingles. versatis i think? I told a friend in the US about them as her husband had had shingles and was in appalling pain and they worked a near miracle.

I am happy with my Tylex.. I have severe raynauds in feet as part of the auto immune problems with CFS/ME and it is a deep nerve pain that eg asprin et al do not touch .. just take them at night,

Graces7 wrote: »
    not sure if the same thing? ;; there was a terrible todo last year when the govt stopped them from
    anything but shingles. versatis i think? I told a friend in the US about them as her husband had had shingles and was in appalling pain and they worked a near miracle.

I am happy with my Tylex.. I have severe raynauds in feet as part of the auto immune problems with CFS/ME and it is a deep nerve pain that eg asprin et al do not touch .. just take them at night,

I have a little supply of them squirreled away ;)
    They are very effective for certain types of pain and I used them for a joint issue and found them uite effective.
    Current pain relief regime means I have no need for them at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I was on the patches but they didn't help my actual problem. The lignocaine wash is a drip infusion administered in day surgery in local hospital..

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    But when I look at my nearly 1 year old little fellas face smiling up at me and saying "mam" it gives me strength

My Lad was 3 when we last his mam, I wanted to curl up into a ball and lock away the world!
    But!
    He needed me, and I needed him, its okay to live life a little vicariously for a little while until you feel a bit stronger.

For the longest time, my smile was really only a mask, a reflection of the happiness those around me sometimes had.
    It does get better, they do stay happy and its ok for you to be too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

My Lad was 3 when we last his mam, I wanted to curl up into a ball and lock away the world!
    But!
    He needed me, and I needed him, its okay to live life a little vicariously for a little while until you feel a bit stronger.

For the longest time, my smile was really only a mask, a reflection of the happiness those around me sometimes had.
    It does get better, they do stay happy and its ok for you to be too ;)
    Sounds tough going banie . He just peed all over me 😀 Makes me laugh

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Sounds tough going banie . He just peed all over me 😀 Makes me laugh

It was, but I made it much tougher than it needed to be if I'm honest.
    I tried the whole being strong, stoic and brave...
    It broke me, but much like Kintsugi...
    I've been put back together, the cracks are still there and I never want to lose them.
    I like to think that we are better for weathering the storm and a cracks, well they are golden!
    And shur who doesnt like gold ;)

It was, but I made it much tougher than it needed to be if I'm honest.
    I tried the whole being strong, stoic and brave...
    It broke me, but much like Kintsugi...
    I've been put back together, the cracks are still there and I never want to lose them.
    I like to think that we are better for weathering the storm and a cracks, well they are golden!
    And shur who doesnt like gold ;)

Sounds like really positive thinking. When i feel a bit down i always think about the lowest i have felt and tell myself if i got through that then i can get through a minor bump.

I was normally quite a shy person, but now i see myself as more confident about what i have been through and managed to come out at the right end.

It definitely made me stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

How's everyone doing?

Has anyone tried 'Counselling in Primary Care'? I got my referral last week so am just waiting on a date. Just wondered whether anyone here tried it?

jaxxx wrote: »
    How's everyone doing?

Has anyone tried 'Counselling in Primary Care'? I got my referral last week so am just waiting on a date. Just wondered whether anyone here tried it?

Yes, it went well. I did break down crying. My referral was made by my GP to fight back against Irish Life .
    They just want to dig deep into your mind so you really need to be open and honest, don't hide nothing.

They are looking for the best way to help you. They are on your side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Yes, it went well. I did break down crying. My referral was made by my GP to fight back against Irish Life .
    They just want to dig deep into your mind so you really need to be open and honest, don't hide nothing.

They are looking for the best way to help you. They are on your side.

That sounds promising. No problems about being open and honest, if anything I might be TOO open and honest :rolleyes: At this stage I'm just desperate to talk to someone, got way too much built up inside that needs releasing.

Feeling really bad today, Yesterday had a good day walking the dogs with my friend.
    Today just feel so low, I am actually considering going to the hospital.

And the reason is i answered a call from my ex, fecking evil crap to me, Just got me so wound up.

I am not an angry person but this girl has just basically fecked my brain, I cannot understand why someone can be so evil when treated so good.
    Sorry, i needed to vent my thoughts on here.

Lads thanks for the chats, advice, input and viewpoints over my time posting to this thread.

I wish every single one of you the very best in your efforts to recover and to learn to adjust to the demands that depression, anxiety and mental illness can place upon you.

My time on this particular thread is done however.
    I may dip back in again at some point in the future, but for now I'm unsubbing and trying to figure out how to put this thread on ignore ;)

• Advertisement

Lads thanks for the chats, advice, input and viewpoints over my time posting to this thread.

I wish every single one of you the very best in your efforts to recover and to learn to adjust to the demands that depression, anxiety and mental illness can place upon you.

My time on this particular thread is done however.
    I may dip back in again at some point in the future, but for now I'm unsubbing and trying to figure out how to put this thread on ignore ;)

Godspeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

All quiet in here - not sure if that's a good or bad thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭worded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Probation review today- feel like crap.

Good at my job but too much sick leave. Back to old job likely. :(

lbc2019 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they can't discriminate on the basis of being ill?

I've been out since the end of March last year. I would't worry about it.

Irish Life confirmed they have received my appeal and are reviewing it. Not holding my breath.

I've been out since the end of March last year. I would't worry about it.

Irish Life confirmed they have received my appeal and are reviewing it. Not holding my breath.

They've received mine and are sending me to another fcuking psychiatrist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I'm pretty sure they can't discriminate on the basis of being ill?

Yes they can. Absences are absences

Yes they can. Absences are absences

What do you think is the worst that could happen?

• Advertisement

They've received mine and are sending me to another fcuking psychiatrist

FFS. Talk about adding more stress. I'm guessing they might do the same with me.

On the plus side my medical card was up for review and got approved, one less thing to worry about.

My PRSI stamps will be up next year so i am hoping to be back working by then.

Advertisement