Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    FFS. Talk about adding more stress. I'm guessing they might do the same with me.

On the plus side my medical card was up for review and got approved, one less thing to worry about.

My PRSI stamps will be up next year so i am hoping to be back working by then.

How long you off now mate?

I'm hoping to go back in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

How long you off now mate?

I'm hoping to go back in the next few weeks

Since end of March last year.

Feeling the financial impact now. I was lucky i got tax back so sort of kept me afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

I'm so anxious god I can't shift it . I feel sick to the pit of my tummy . God it's horrible . And have a big social weekend of hosting people I'm scared really , can I do it ?? Will it be a disaster . Sorry lads need a vent

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I'm so anxious god I can't shift it . I feel sick to the pit of my tummy . God it's horrible . And have a big social weekend of hosting people I'm scared really , can I do it ?? Will it be a disaster . Sorry lads need a vent

You'll be surprised what you can do! I never thought in a million years I'd do my exam never mind pass it! You've got this! :)

You'll be surprised what you can do! I never thought in a million years I'd do my exam never mind pass it! You've got this! :)

Thanks I'm just feeling so down on myself beating myself up over stupid things everyday . It's such a special weekend and I just want to be perfect !

• Advertisement

Anything is possible.
    Despite my family concerns i managed to walk my Sister down the Aisle and do a great speech too at her wedding.

And this was at a time i felt really low, but i done it and felt so proud. I am never going to let anxiety or depression beat me.

I am believing that it's actually making me stronger.

Thanks I'm just feeling so down on myself beating myself up over stupid things everyday . It's such a special weekend and I just want to be perfect !

No one is perfect, You can do it.
    Tomorrow i am babysitting my Sisters 3 kids and have to build a trampoline. You fancy swapping roles :D

I find humour the best way to deal with anxiety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

This should melt your hearts, and hopefully cheer you up a bit. If definitely did for me! Actually so many of TheDodo videos are heartwarming, definitely recommend watching some of them if you're in need of a cheer up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All quiet in here - not sure if that's a good or bad thing :)

from here, bad very bad. relapse of the ME to beat all relapses and thunder/humidity migraines.. flowers from my garden are pretty though.. ;)

Graces7 wrote: »
    from here, bad very bad. relapse of the ME to beat all relapses and thunder/humidity migraines.. flowers from my garden are pretty though.. ;)

Ah no grace :( hope those cute cats are giving you snuggles

• Advertisement

Ah no grace :( hope those cute cats are giving you snuggles

Them? They treat the place like a drop in centre! Bless them!

Just so much pain. wears me down. Ah well, time for tylex etc and a bite to eat then crash.... been together nearly 50 years, this illness and me.

Hope you get some relief graces and a bit of rest . Are you having any sunshine to have a nice sit outside ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I often dip in and out of this thread. Have been meaning to recommend this person on here for a while.

The holistic psychologist Dr Nicole LePera.

Look her up on Instagram or her videos on YouTube.

I'm pretty crap putting my thoughts into words on this, so ye can just look her up. I highly, highly recommend her. She speaks a lot of truth, I just find her a great positive help for myself.

Hope you do too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cooper89

I find myself in the most horrible black hole. iv tried everything to get out. i take my tablets, i go to a variety of medical professionals i stay active etc.

but nothing is making me any better. the past few days iv gone into a completely lower place. To make things worse my dad is as bad if not worse than me. I feel like i cant burden my parents with me on top of it.

hypothetically if i was to say I am suicidal and im doing something, the very most that will happen is that I will be put into hospital. I am already going to very good docs etc. Time im afraid wont help me. on top of various other things in my life I am facing a jail sentence for something that wont be very well received by people. Iv already destroyed my family over it.

it feels like an impossible situation. I dont know what to do or who to turn to. Found pieta house no help

Cooper89 wrote: »
    I find myself in the most horrible black hole. iv tried everything to get out. i take my tablets, i go to a variety of medical professionals i stay active etc.

but nothing is making me any better. the past few days iv gone into a completely lower place. To make things worse my dad is as bad if not worse than me. I feel like i cant burden my parents with me on top of it.

hypothetically if i was to say I am suicidal and im doing something, the very most that will happen is that I will be put into hospital. I am already going to very good docs etc. Time im afraid wont help me. on top of various other things in my life I am facing a jail sentence for something that wont be very well received by people. Iv already destroyed my family over it.

it feels like an impossible situation. I dont know what to do or who to turn to. Found pieta house no help

Have you tried a counselling?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Cooper89

Have you tried a counselling?

yep done all what I could have.

Cooper89 wrote: »

Given the jail sentence, how you are feeling and suffering is entirely and totally.. well normal is the only word I can use. It would freak anyone out

And no shame etc if you decide you need the safety of hospital. No shame at all.

A time for what we call "patient endurance that attains to everything, "

Hour by hour, day by day, eating to feed your needy body, doing or not doing whatever is needful .. we also say "this too shall pass" and it really will, I promise you that

Just now I am having to take my own advice so please trust me ... Blessings and peace

I'm literally broke and have my brothers wedding this week

I've literally been nothing but toast and hot chocolate so I'll have enough money for the wedding

Fcuk weddings and the cost, it'll be a registry office for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I've literally been nothing but toast and hot chocolate so I'll have enough money for the wedding

I'd say something, it's well for them with the money... I refused to go to some due to the cost on me, it's their wedding, they invited me... I'm not paying to go.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'd say something, it's well for them with the money... I refused to go to some due to the cost on me, it's their wedding, they invited me... I'm not paying to go.

Apparently if you don't go you still have to give a present of some sort! Can't say no to my brother though!

• Advertisement

Yes they can be expensive.

I didn't give a present at the last 2 weddings(one abroad) because i simply didn't have the money.

My friends understood my position. I just gave a card. They said the most important thing was the card and me just being there for their special day.

I think i am lucky to have really good friends who understand me.

To put things into perspective, money helps but it's not everything. I spent over 10k on my ex GF and barely got a thank you.

Yesterday i gave my godson my last 5 euro and he was so happy.

Family and friends come first. I wish i had of spent my money on the people that did really care about me rather than that other thing.

But it's a lesson learned.

00:56.. have to be up for work at 06:00.. absolutely no desire to go to bed.. was in bed.. kept fidgeting.. got up..

Still awaiting call for counselling appointment.. could be another week or so.. Planned to invent time machine.. plan didn't work out.. Planned to hit self with banana.. couldn't find banana.. so used bar of soap instead.. inside a sock.. Self-deprecating humour is not working in cheering me up..

01:02.. bed is the last thing I want to do.. Time for doggo and catto videos on youtubes..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

jaxxx wrote: »
    00:56.. have to be up for work at 06:00.. absolutely no desire to go to bed.. was in bed.. kept fidgeting.. got up..

Still awaiting call for counselling appointment.. could be another week or so.. Planned to invent time machine.. plan didn't work out.. Planned to hit self with banana.. couldn't find banana.. so used bar of soap instead.. inside a sock.. Self-deprecating humour is not working in cheering me up..

01:02.. bed is the last thing I want to do.. Time for doggo and catto videos on youtubes..

Buy a console.

o me miseram.. tried to outrun the M.e yesterday and am back to square one, also rediscovered that it leads to a mental and emotional melt down as well as physical agony....

Still waiting to hear about appointment with CIPC.. .. .. this wait is torture!

Hello, new to this thread. After some rough times over the last few years I finally dragged myself to the GP today, and upon hearing the words "what can I do for you?" I burst into tears.

I have been prescribed Mirap/Mirtazapine but of course I've gone and googled all the horrible side effects (like extreme sedation, massive weight gain, etc) and freaked myself out. Anyone here have experience with it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Would probably be best to ask the doctor who prescribed them for you about any possible side effects, they’ll tell you straight out. Consult with your GP again & ask them any questions you have about the drug, writing down anything you’d like an answer for can be helpful for remembering the questions.
    I’d be staying away from Dr. Google too, he can be useful but he’s always been obsessed with the worst case scenario.
    Hope you’re feeling better soon!

Thanks TherapyBoy. Took the first one last night and I still feel very woozy but will see how it goes.

Not sure if anyone else has had this experience.

My young Nephew who is 3 and a half has Autism Spectrum Disorder(ASD).
    I didn't notice much but for the last year or so he seems to be really in touch with me. My sister, her husband and my mother noticed it and mentioned it to me as have many others. After doing some research it seems some can sense the emotional feelings inside someone, similar to a dog.

For example today he was on the trampoline in my home, he never let's anyone on, only want's to be alone.
    So everyone asked if they could get on but he just shook his head as if to say no(he cannot speak) but when i asked he nodded for a yes and sort of murmured the word yes.

When i got off he came back over and took my hand and wanted me to get back on. Such a great feeling and so much fun, little things like this can brighten up your day and also gives me strength to keep fighting.

Just thought i would share a nice story, oh and Celtic won 7-0 aswell :)
    I'll pay for it tomorrow with aching legs ha ha but it was worth it seeing him smiling which in turn made me smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 123sheepdip

Flying Fox wrote: »

I have been prescribed Mirap/Mirtazapine but of course I've gone and googled all the horrible side effects (like extreme sedation, massive weight gain, etc) and freaked myself out. Anyone here have experience with it?

I haven't any experience of it but if you google any anti Dep/anxiety medication you will read the horror stories. This I am led to believe is because the those who are inclined to post are more likely to be those who had bad experiences. Plus, many bail very early and these testimonies cannot be taken as gospel for that reason. I feel for you as I was exactly the same, it took me three weeks to pluck it the courage to start mine. The first weeks can be rough but after that, it usually gets better. A lot of people relay that my meds cause weight gain but I've not regained the weight I lost at the start 6 months in despite eating normally now. If you find the side effects are too much to bear, you can ask to be changed to another med. this happens a lot as we are all different. I hope you start to feel better soon, you are not alone and feel free to post any questions or worries on your journey.

Advertisement