Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Ah glad your friend was able to help you out , nice to have good supportive friends . I hope you do complain god almighty eat cornflakes........ that’s just an outrageous thing to say .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Friend just called up and sorted me out. Always nice to have good friends.

I also going to write a complaint as how to they messed this up and how they treated me. They told many lies.

And i will mention what that girl said to me.

Have a chat with Citizens info? You need to take this to the ombudsman.

And yes, re V de Paul; I have had wonderful kind and non judgmental support re food etc in the past. That is what they are there for. The food banks are wonderful.

tell them you need.. cornflakes! and why!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Got last weeks payment today despite CWO saying i would get both on Friday and IB saying i would get it today(well they said the same the week before)

Now worrying that Fridays payment won't come in. Shouldn't have to be worrying about all this crap, it just causes more stress and i am not letting it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Lymph node behind my ear is swollen, 60 quid to go to a doctor I don't have. God bless the credit card

Lymph node behind my ear is swollen, 60 quid to go to a doctor I don't have. God bless the credit card

Have you not applied for the medical card ? Before i got mine my doc would let me pay a fiver a week.

• Advertisement

Have you not applied for the medical card ? Before i got mine my doc would let me pay a fiver a week.

Doubt I'm eligible for one unfortunately. I could try

Doubt I'm eligible for one unfortunately. I could try

All they can say is no.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Might be able to get a gp visit card?.

Well my money went in so some relief. Tomorrow my friend is having a fundraiser for his sick daughter to adapt their home. Looking forward to going.
    So many people donated money.
    Will see all my friends that i haven't seen for a while .

I won't stay all night but it will do me good to get out for a bit. And i'm happy i donated money and a signed Robbie Keane Celtic Jersey. I hope it get's a good price at the auction as my friend has been so good to me despite all his own problems.

Haven't been in a bar in a long time either, so will have to budget my money. But i think i deserve one good night out.

Hope everyone else is going good. I was happy last night watching my team win , gave me a lift :)

Well my money went in so some relief. Tomorrow my friend is having a fundraiser for his sick daughter to adapt their home. Looking forward to going.
    So many people donated money.
    Will see all my friends that i haven't seen for a while .

I won't stay all night but it will do me good to get out for a bit. And i'm happy i donated money and a signed Robbie Keane Celtic Jersey. I hope it get's a good price at the auction as my friend has been so good to me despite all his own problems.

Haven't been in a bar in a long time either, so will have to budget my money. But i think i deserve one good night out.

Hope everyone else is going good. I was happy last night watching my team win , gave me a lift :)

You shine the power of positive thanking! Thank you

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    You shine the power of positive thanking! Thank you

Positive thinking is the way forward. Deleting my ex GF was the most important step as she just dragged me down.

I already know tonight will be great and for such a good cause too. Surrounded by people who actually care for me. For the first time in a long time i am excited going to a social event.

Today is also the first year anniversary of my friends Father's death after he took his own life. I just sent a message to him to say i was thinking of him and his family and will see him later.

Small words can make a person's day feel better :).

Breakfast now, cut the grass and keep active.

Enjoy tonight bohs have a great time and relax

Well i had a great night. Stayed until after 1am. Was great meeting so many of my friends too.
    And all for a good cause, the place was packed. Delighted for my friend, he was overwhelmed by the support.

He was so happy i turned up, and so was i. It gave me a big lift. So many people coming over to talk to me. Kind of makes you think i'm wanted and liked so much.

Happy times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Puppies. Because puppies are the answer to any situation!

giphy.gif

Was sitting at my desk earlier. Not really doing much. Browsing the web, looking up random things. A fly lands on the desk, seemingly oblivious. Large enough, may have been a blue bottle as it had a blue tinge. For 20 minutes or so it just walked around on the surface, climbing up various bits and bobs. Was actually fascinating just watching it. Noticing every little movement it made, every detail of its tiny body. I focused on its legs for a while. So tiny, almost as thin as a human hair. Then I thought about how its legs must have blood flowing through them, how it must have some sort of muscles in order to move around. Legs as thin as a hair, and yet it has all those necessary features to allow it to live, and move. So small compared to ourselves, and yet it has such a complex biological system. Not as complex as us mammals, but nonetheless miraculous in its own way.

I feel bad now because i've just killed a fly. But in fairness it was so noisy and kept flying to my face.

Now out to cut the grass. I always find it relaxing and also the smell of fresh cut grass is nice :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just waiting on a therapy appointment, these are so tough it's hard to be in the waiting area.. Then work tonight. Oh well..

Loved the post about the fly. Observing something to the exclusion of all else is one of the skills used in DBT

Bohs glad you got on so well the other night, I felt delighted for you.

I feel bad now because i've just killed a fly. But in fairness it was so noisy and kept flying to my face.

Now out to cut the grass. I always find it relaxing and also the smell of fresh cut grass is nice

The smell of cut grass is to die for! I especially love silage season :D Coming to an end though :( One of the benefits of being a culchie :D
    Just waiting on a therapy appointment, these are so tough it's hard to be in the waiting area.. Then work tonight. Oh well..

Loved the post about the fly. Observing something to the exclusion of all else is one of the skills used in DBT

Bohs glad you got on so well the other night, I felt delighted for you.

Same, been waiting for over a month now for an appointment!

Rip van Winkle has moved in with me, alongside Arthur-itis etc etc etc. So disappointed. Even breathing is an effort today. ah well... heaven awaits.

Just ..will lie here and look at the flowers on my prayer table. lemon gladop;i,, marigolds, margeurtites, montbretia … sheer beauty

Off a while . stay strtong

Hope your ok graces ***hugs***

• Advertisement

CFS/ME has many facets. One is hypersomnia. Crashed out last evening fr at least 14 hours; my clock stopped at 10.30 and when I realised and checked online, it was half past five am. not good sleep but heavy and ti never really lifts. My record one winter was 19 hours. Dazed and drunk feeling. falling iver! I had hoped it would never be like this again but here we are and nothing t be done. falling asleep ahain now and just have t feed the cats etc then crash.

sorry; not much good for much today. ah well! my companiaon of 50 years is the M.E... scuse typos.

blessings and peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I swear I'm going to end up with diabetes because of Seroquel. :o Trying to come off it isn't even an option though, because it actually works so well for me. But the amount of sugary crap I'm eating is ridiculous.

Anyone have any suggestions for overcoming medication cravings?

I swear I'm going to end up with diabetes because of Seroquel. :o Trying to come off it isn't even an option though, because it actually works so well for me. But the amount of sugary crap I'm eating is ridiculous.

Anyone have any suggestions for overcoming medication cravings?

Drinking plenty of water helps!

I also drink a lot of water and use sugar free cordial. Also milk with syrup like strawberry etc, not much but sweetens it and is heavy enough to help..

Consultant appointment came this morning after months and months waiting , so anxious but this is the start of hopefully getting a diagnosis and pain relief :)

Bye bye job. Welcome back the soul crushing feeling of being on f*cking social welfare again, hopelessness, hours spent at home doing absolutely f*ck all, going completely out of my mind.. .. ..

Rant: job sites. You put in your location. Bam. And then it gives you jobs from every neighbouring county as well. F*ck off! I've done commuting before and it nearly killed me, literally! I ain't doing it again. Shift work can f*ck right off as well, working nights can be soul destroying. There are certain things I don't want to do, and it's not because I'm a snob or I think myself above those roles. Far from it. It's because I need a job that stimulates my brain to some extent! And I ain't cut out for physical work either. Did manage to find one job that was perfect.. .. .. except for the fact that it's 2 hours away! :mad:

4:30 in the morning. Haven't gone to bed. Brain won't shut up. Don't plan on going to bed. Wide awake, not tired at all. Damn I wish I drank alcohol, unfortunately I can't stomach the stuff!

Anyone know if there's a market for fat male strippers? :D:D:D Oh wait, I'm a genius! Hugs! I can sell hugs! Everyone loves hugging fat guys cos we generate so much body heat! It's foolproof!!

.. .. .. Isn't it?? :rolleyes:

jaxxx wrote: »

4:30 in the morning. Haven't gone to bed. Brain won't shut up. Don't plan on going to bed. Wide awake, not tired at all. Damn I wish I drank alcohol, unfortunately I can't stomach the stuff!

Alcohol will not help, trust me, i've been there. It will make things much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

jaxxx wrote: »

Anyone know if there's a market for fat male strippers? :D:D:D Oh wait, I'm a genius! Hugs! I can sell hugs! Everyone loves hugging fat guys cos we generate so much body heat! It's foolproof!!

.. .. .. Isn't it?? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a plan to me!! :)

Haven't been on boards in a while but in a strange way it's great to see a lot of familiar names still posting here, hope ye are all doing ok today.

Hi tg1 nice to hear from you ! How are you ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Hi tg1 nice to hear from you ! How are you ??
    Good, thanks for asking. Life has given me a few kicks in the teeth in the last while and it's been tough to keep the anxiety under control as a result, but I've been managing for the most part.

How have you been?

Advertisement