Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and depression thread (Please read OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

amazing how something that is really "trivial" can turn you round.

An email y'day asking me if I would like to dress the wee church here for Advent as I did last year! AND the man will DRIVE ME THERE AND BACK.

He can have no idea what he has done for me; my mobility is low now and the Church too far.

LOVE keeping the Church..

Seeking candles now and even went a "short walk " just now..... so little I can do here. Although the pile of knitteds is growing..sent a kilo away last week

Happy weekend everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

How's everyone doing? I was wasting time on Youtube and stumbled across this. It put such a smile on my face that I felt I had to share it here. Bloody brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

At such a low at the moment. Can’t get the idea out of my head, that I have sort of checked out already. On top of things, I have up coming exams in work that I need to pass. My life is a total mess at the moment.

What makes this worse is having a beautiful partner and son who depend on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

At such a low at the moment. Can’t get the idea out of my head, that I have sort of checked out already. On top of things, I have up coming exams in work that I need to pass. My life is a total mess at the moment.

What makes this worse is having a beautiful partner and son who depend on me.

I'm with you there mate, have an exam next week I'm screwed for

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Had my psych appointment today, tackling massive things i didn't even know were there. Now at work for the night with no idea how to cope so while i don't understand your own personal circumstance Bargain and OMT i'm with you both in the struggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

New to this thread. Just started on Brintellix 10mg today as I have been feeling hugely overwhelmed by life these days. How effective is Brintellix? Have tried Escitalopram on two separate spells but experienced severe dry mouth and insomnia.

New to this thread. Just started on Brintellix 10mg today as I have been feeling hugely overwhelmed by life these days. How effective is Brintellix? Have tried Escitalopram on two separate spells but experienced severe dry mouth and insomnia.

Know nothing about it but welcome to the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Know nothing about it but welcome to the thread!

Aka Vortioxetine or Trintellix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Woke up an hour before my alarm went off to find myself hyperventilating and freaking out, in general. Couldn't get back to sleep afterwards. Great way to start the week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sorry to hear that HJ, hope it doesn't have to set the tone for your week..

• Advertisement

Off to my psych appointment soon, very hesitant after last week, scared basically. Have to keep telling myself this will be worth it.. Muscles already humming with tension. Oh to just be 'normal' which I know doesn't exist exactly but posters here know what I mean :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭statto25

I feel like I am so close to the end. I actually started to accept my fate last week which both made me cry and smile. My search to find happiness has brought me nothing but pain and brought more pain to others.

Statto you are not alone. I'm in an awful way today. I'm just concentrating on my ass on the seat for now. I do feel resigned to always being terribly ill. But. I have clothes and food and a roof over my head.. Tell me more?.

Add me to that list lads/ladies, having an awful rough time with my parents hassling me

Statto you are not alone. I'm in an awful way today. I'm just concentrating on my ass on the seat for now. I do feel resigned to always being terribly ill. But. I have clothes and food and a roof over my head.. Tell me more?.

In an attempt to protect myself I've lost my family and the little friends I had left. I really have had enough of the anger and scorn I've had to endure. My little boy is the only thing that keeps me going but I hate what I am putting him through in all of this.

statto25 wrote: »
    In an attempt to protect myself I've lost my family and the little friends I had left. I really have had enough of the anger and scorn I've had to endure. My little boy is the only thing that keeps me going but I hate what I am putting him through in all of this.
    Are you seeing your doctor about this?. Glad you have your little fella, they are more resilient than we think!

Are you seeing your doctor about this?. Glad you have your little fella, they are more resilient than we think!

Doctor, counsellor, meds the works. The weight of it all is now too much and I'm sinking fast. He is an amazing child, my whole world.

statto25 wrote: »
    Doctor, counsellor, meds the works. The weight of it all is now too much and I'm sinking fast. He is an amazing child, my whole world.

It's a really cruel place to be, I know this might sound trite but it will pass, it always does.. I'm finding the short daylight hours difficult this year, think it's getting to you?

It's a really cruel place to be, I know this might sound trite but it will pass, it always does.. I'm finding the short daylight hours difficult this year, think it's getting to you?

Yes I would have been affected by that in the past. I can't see an end to the pain at the moment. It just seems to snowball day by day. The only solice I have is when I come home and lock the door. Then I feel comfortable and safe.

Statto how are you doing now? I've been trying to be nice but exhausted and unable for people..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wrote 1,400 words to my psych. Good chunk of things I've never mentioned before. Stuff that I've avoided talking about for too long. She will be happy I've shared. I've been physically run down lately and that hasn't helped. Sleep's been atrocious. I'm sure you guys know that once that goes the rest can fall apart quite easily. Situation at the weekend that threw me into a flap. It's so hard to talk sometimes. Can't do my main (only) hobby at the moment. Once I get some solid rest my body and mind will feel better. I've been quite isolated socially for the past decade and not a confident person. Crappy self-worth. Get so tired from faking confidence. Spending a lot time on boards and Youtube. New to posting here.

Statto how are you doing now? I've been trying to be nice but exhausted and unable for people..

Spent the morning getting angry messages from a member of my family, so I'm doing mighty! Also realised I am absokutroy fooked for money so today has been a sh1tstorm all round.

Flat to the bed depressed today. Can't, won't and don't want to move..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Flat to the bed depressed today. Can't, won't and don't want to move..

I feel like that today too grem I literally don’t know what to do about anything

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I feel like that today too grem I literally don’t know what to do about anything

Same here. There is so much spinning about my head it's hard know where to start

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Overthinking is such an energy drain. Blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just wondering has anyone been to St Patricks Dublin for in patient treatment. Referral letter sent and a nurse due to ring me on Sunday to review me I assume. Girl on the phone told me waiting list of 3 months, I didn't think it would take this long. Its been a difficult decision to make and the thought of waiting months , Im not sure I can.

How's everyone doing?

I'm into day 3 of a valium detox, the effects are only kicking in now. This is after being on it for a year

Bitterly cold here,must be the wind chill factor

Meh. Evenings are harder. Things wobble. Shame and all that crap.
    Going to go for a walk and listen to a podcast.

• Advertisement

Meh. Evenings are harder. Things wobble. Shame and all that crap.
    Going to go for a walk and listen to a podcast.

Good idea! The more you move the better you feel (or at least that's what the poster in my psychiatrist says!)

What podcast are you listening to?

Advertisement